300 [movie discussion; spoilers]

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
And lo the Gods answered their lowly servant's prayers.... :D

SuperHero Hype Article

In 1998, after five years writing and drawing "Sin City", Frank Miller decided to do something different, releasing the mini-series 300 about a little known battle between a small band of Spartan warriors and the vast and powerful Persian army. The lesser-known project inspired by historic books like William Golding's "The Hot Gates" and Ernie Bradford's "Thermopylae: The Battle for the West," was optioned for a movie but lay dormant for years until the success last year of the movie Sin City, co-directed by Miller with Robert Rodriguez.

Now, the film is back underway, being filmed by director Zack Snyder, best known for his 2004 remake of George Romero's "Dawn of the Dead," for release by Warner Bros. in 2007. It stars Gerard Butler, last seen as the title character in "The Phantom of the Opera," as King Leonidas, who leads the Spartans on to war, Lena Heady ("The Brothers Grimm") as his wife, and David Wenham from "The Lord of the Rings".

Warner Bros. recently invited ComingSoon.net/SuperheroHype.com to tour the Montreal soundstages where Snyder was filming the movie. Although the entire movie was shot in front of a green screen with computers being used to create the environments in post-production, the process was more involved than one might expect with the production team constructing hundreds of swords, shields, realistic period costumes, 3-dimensional construct landscapes and a lot of very real-looking corpses. They've also expanded a bit on Miller's original story adding a few new characters, although they've been hellbent on recreating the look and feel of Miller's distinctive art style, as well as the limited color palette used by his regular colorist Lynn Varley. As a matter of fact, some of the still photos we were shown, while still works in progress, looked like they could have been panels taken directly from Miller's graphic novel.

While on set, we had a chance to speak to creator Frank Miller, who was visiting the set for the first time himself, director Zack Snyder, actor Gerard Butler, production designer Jim Bissell, a few of the producers, and a guy named Mark Twight, the trainer responsible for the cast's unconventional training regiment that has to be seen to be believed. Although the film is being prepared for release in the summer of 2007, we'll share some of our inside look at the making of this epic film before then, like to explain what is commonly referred to on the set as "The Crush."

In the meantime, you can get an early look at what we saw by checking out the film's official Production Blog at the official website, and stay tuned to SuperheroHype.com this week for an exclusive sneak peek.

300 Official Site

The transition (cosmetically) from comic to film looks great. And while I understand that they need to flesh it out a bit longer for film reasons......I'm super hyped. I'm looking forward to this more than Spiderman 3!!!!!

I hope when the movie comes out that there's a LOT of merchandise to go with it. Maybe they'll redistribute the "300" Zippo lighter I bought back in '98. It's pretty worn down and can't be cleaned anymore. So I need a new one.

STAR08825.jpg

Re: 300- The Movie

I cant wait either, I want to see the story of 300 spartains against a million was it?, Persians

They've added 2 more blog entries with behind-the-scenes video clips!!!!

Official Site

Yahoo Movies Page

For all you fans of Sin City.....you need to find this book and read it! If you loved Sin City.....and you loved Troy or Gladiator......you'll love this. You should so pumped for this movie that if Jesus came down to start the Rapture....you'd reply with "can ya gimme 1 more year?"

I just read 300. The movie should be good.

It's gonna be great!

Sorry....I can't help the excitement. I'm a big fan of old warrior tales...

I liked Troy.

Damn.....I heard the teaser is being shown at Comic-Con. I must see it!!!! I cannot wait for it to hit the internet!!!!

:rockon:

Last edited:

I can already picture Doom dressed as a spartan as he goes to the premiere.

I saw the featurette they aired on apple. It looked cooled, but not as cool as the trailer.

I can already picture Doom dressed as a spartan as he goes to the premiere.

Yeah and slicing faces off like sandwiches when ever someone mentions it in his general vicinity. And then taking up like ten seats so that no one sits next to him. And each seat has cardbord cutouts of Randoms version of some UC members. Except Moony, never mooney :( .

This is awesome. I always liked the Spartans (My bulding is called Sparta :lol: )
I'm so excited about this movie, when it will go to the theaters?

Anyone who liked Miller's 300 needs to read Steven Pressfield's Gates of Fire.

Same story, but way more involved.

VVD, you should love it!

This movie will kick *** as much as the actual story of the battle did.

And that's pretty good, seeing as the battle is a long lasting symbol of perseverance.

Latest posts

Back