5 Questions I would ask Bendis if he had to give a straight answer

Taskmaster

1. Will Omega Red be redeemed, be it in USM, UXM, or the Ultimates?
2. Will Latveria unveil a super-soldier team, and if so, will it be soon?
3. Will the Carnage mess be sorted out?
4. How long is Peter going to stay with Kitty?
5. Is there going to be any mention of the massive invasion force from the Ultimates that attacked New York?

and if I was allowed six, who will Peter lose his virginity to, Kitty or MJ?
joke

Taskmaster said:
5. Is there going to be any mention of the massive invasion force from the Ultimates that attacked New York?

joke

I can answer all of these for you, from Bendis's point of view.

No.

Yes, and no.

What mess?

The foreseeable future.

No. Why would I mention that?

Peter already lost his virginity to Tandy Bowen. But since I myself am still a virgin, I can't really focus on that aspect of the character since I wouldn't know what I'm talking about. I only recently found out what "boobs" were thanks to Bagley drawing some for me.

Last edited:
Very good, DB. You sound like Bendis! Except the last part. He would mention his daughter.

:lol:

Last edited:
by the mess, I was referring to the presence of two carnage's, and their apparently irreversable demise
very much bendis

Last edited:
Taskmaster said:
by the mess, I was referring to the presence of two carnage's, and their apparently irreversable demise
very much bendis

Well, since one was burned up and the other was dependant on the Venom molecules in Peter's blood (which are now completely out of his system), now both are gone. As for the third Carnage, I expect it will be much closer to the 616 version, in that Eddie/Venom will play a direct role in his origin. Either that or just the Venom sample Ben Reilly has will...and I don't doubt Spidey and Eddie will have to team up to bring it down...

Why does Omega Red need redeeming? Bear in mind I don't even know when the Warriors arc finished - I don't read USM anymore. Has Omega shown up? I love 616 Omega Red. Did Bendis piss away the fact the Omega Red was probably one of the first 616 characters to have the origin "Creating by another government in direct response to the super soldier program that created Captain America" (y'know, the whole BASIS of the Ultimate Universe Conspiracy) and instead of tieing him into the conspiracy, pissed all the potential away in a lame joke?

I really didn't even know Omega was in USM yet. What needs redeeming?

Bass said:
Why does Omega Red need redeeming? Bear in mind I don't even know when the Warriors arc finished - I don't read USM anymore. Has Omega shown up? I love 616 Omega Red. Did Bendis piss away the fact the Omega Red was probably one of the first 616 characters to have the origin "Creating by another government in direct response to the super soldier program that created Captain America" (y'know, the whole BASIS of the Ultimate Universe Conspiracy) and instead of tieing him into the conspiracy, pissed all the potential away in a lame joke?

I really didn't even know Omega was in USM yet. What needs redeeming?
Yes, Bendis did piss him away. Remember how before I posted that he said he loved using "crappy 90's characters"? He used him as a crappy throaway cameo ultimization.

icemastertron said:
Yes, Bendis did piss him away. Remember how before I posted that he said he loved using "crappy 90's characters"? He used him as a crappy throaway cameo ultimization.

I never understood why a Russian super soldier spoke like a streetwise 13 year old American kid. Streetwise from Bendis' point of view that is.

icemastertron said:

... What did Bendis have Omega Red do?

Fuzzy Birds said:
I never understood why a Russian super soldier spoke like a streetwise 13 year old American kid. Streetwise from Bendis' point of view that is.

BURN. Okay, which issue is this? I'm going to DL it so I can be properly mad.

Bass said:
... What did Bendis have Omega Red do?

BURN. Okay, which issue is this? I'm going to DL it so I can be properly mad.
It's Ultimate Spider-Man #86. Omega Red is only in the first couple pages or so.

icemastertron said:
It's Ultimate Spider-Man #86. Omega Red is only in the first couple pages or so.

I am already :furious:. I will download and then prepare for the anger that has no (uncensored) words.

Taskmaster said:
Too late. If Omega Red was going to hit a good potential point it would've been for his first appearance. Bendis ****ed up.
See Ultimates 2 #9 :twisted: (Naysayers, **** off)
I didn't know there was a mess to be sorta? I hope he comes back though.
Probably like a year until Peter realizes the reason he dumped Mary Jane was stupid. Every girl he sees is going to get introuble not because of their decisions(though MJ was an idiot in HG) but because of who he is.
Bendis will pull it off. The question is, will Millar?

joke
Hopefully MJ while he's going out with Kitty. Bendis is pretty decent with teenage drama and let's face it in a real life situation that's how it would go down.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Too late. If Omega Red was going to hit a good potential point it would've been for his first appearance. Bendis ****ed up.
It is not too late. There's still that chance because we really didn't get anything out of this. So someone can still make him better.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Bendis will pull it off. The question is, will Millar?
What do you mean Bendis can and will, but Mark is questionable? :sure:

TheManWithoutFear said:
I mean what it says. Bendis will have Peter say something in USM about it. A small reference. and Millar probably will not touch upon the other New York Superheroes in his run. Or rather Bendis is more likely too.
Right, right. Ok.

Well, #86 was painful.

So in the first page we're introduced to Damage Control - the guys who clear up after superhero fights (My god they must be loaded.) and for some reason, these civil servants, or perhaps just private company employees call themselves Piledriver, Wrecker, Bulldozer and presumably Thunderball (who's waving a wrecking ball around his head - doesn't this guy know how property damage is started?). I find this very natural because when I was in a minor car accident the other week, the highway patrol people showed up and were calling themselves Fenderbender and Write-off.

I like the Wrecking Crew. I don't know why they're so stupid here.

Also, they seem to be unbelievably strong. Just like that. The guy doesn't even seem remotely surprised at their inhuman strength (and they're not wearing any kind of super-armour) even though he thinks the Hulk is a hoax. So either these guys are mutants, or they're part of the super soldier programme and Nick Fury doesn't need them for the war effort. Either way, it's a normal every day occurrence.

So in the first page, Bendis pretty much obliterated four mediocre 616 characters. Well that's okay because they were mediocre. Remember, bad storytelling is fine if the characters aren't liked by the general public or the writer (hmm... this explains Star Trek: Voyager).

Then we get Ultimate Omega Red. How do we know his name? Because he shouts it at the top of his head and because he's got the greek letter (even though he's Russian) 'Omega' plastered over his costume - and it's red. That, I don't mind so much. What I do mind is not content with the 50-foot red omega on his chest, he felt he needed to tattoo a smaller red omega onto his forehead.

Oh, and at the end of the fight, the tattoo comes off. I guess it was one of those transfer ones - or maybe henna. No wonder he sucks so bad, he can't even handle a proper tattoo.

Then Spider-Man comes along and fights him. Within seconds of the guy showing up. Seconds. Did Bendis forget #28? Well, anyway, Spider-Man's Spider Luck meant he was there to fight Omega Red who talks like an idiot because he tells everyone about how he feels. He's probably having a nervous breakdown. Then, Omega Red does something cool. He tells Spider-Man he hates jokes (and Spidey's were bad) and throws him into the air without a thought. Then Spidey clobbers Omega Red (in a particularly cool way) and then, drops a machine on Omega Red's head just hard enough to incapacitate him, but not kill him so he can say 'ow'.

So, Omega Red shows up, blows up a boat, and then gets beaten by Spider-Man in about five pages.

We then later on find out he's a Russian mercenary (which is good because nothing in Bendis' dialogue made him sound remotely Russian - in fact, I'm pretty sure he sounded exactly like the Shocker) who is a mutant and had tests done on him. Well they were ****ty tests. Tendrils that do nothing and a little superhuman strength. What was his mutant power? Being albino? Russian? Drawing red omegas on his head?

I remember how Omega Red debuted in 616. Shinobi Shaw and some other people resurrect this monstrous white man from a cryogenic sleep. It turns out that decades ago, Wolverine was on a top secret mission (with Sabretooth as they were friends back then) to kill the Russian equivalent to the Captain America super-soldier programme - Omega Red. This guy was immensely strong and could suck your life out of you and make himself stronger. He scared so much **** out of Wolverine that all they could do to stop him was freeze him and hope he didn't wake up. When he is awoken, Omega Red takes over the operation and becomes a menace to the villains, forcing pretty much everyone to try and take him down (which they do). He was a monster that scared Wolverine, a dark mirror to Captain America, and took on pretty much three billion X-Men to a virtual standstill.

I read that comic 10 years ago and I still kinda remember it. I read USM 10 minutes ago and am trying hard to forget it.

If there's any justice, in 10 years, someone will be going, "I love retconning crappy Bendis stories".

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Bendis' ENTIRE Ultimate Universe Mega-Uber plot that isn't going anywhere is based upon people trying to copy the super soldier programme that created Captain America. He acts as if this is a new idea.

The crappy 90s character he writes with such disdain already had that origin over five years before anyone knew who Bendis was.

Omega Red is one of the only 616 characters who's origin is tied to the super soldier programme and Bendis, instead of realising this ties into his whole story arc and using it to further the conspiracy, pisses it away on a mutant with no powers that gets beaten up and put in super prison.

The 'crappy' 90s character is what he's been copying for five years, the dumbass.

And then you've got the pointlessly convoluted (and long) Silver Sable watching Spider-Man bollocks. Two days ago. Three weeks ago. Today. Why not do it chronologically? Oh, because if you play it straight you'll realise how dull it is? People watch Spider-Man, then lose him. Then watch him and find him near a school. Page after page of bollocks so we can get the pay off (which is a good pay off to be sure) - the Silver Sable thinks Flash is Spider-Man.

For a page.

At the end of the issue, Spider-Man doesn't even know he's being followed and Silver Sable has already realised her mistake. Why did he even bother with the pretense her capturing Flash matters? (No doubt this will pay off 'down the road'.) Why bother with Omega Red? Why not use the first five pages instead of ruining the Wrecking Crew and Omega Red, show us the surveillance, then show Flash being kidnapped, and have the whole Peter discovers Flash is missing. He hates Flash, so does he go out looking for him? Or does he not care? Is it his responsibility? A moral dilemma with the basis for humour as Spidey has to save a guy he hates while hiding the fact he's Peter Parker. From trained assassins.

Ah, **** it. Bendis is pissing away more stories than he's writing. And you all know how many ****ing stories he's writing these days.

Last edited:
Bass said:
Well, #86 was painful.

So in the first page we're introduced to Damage Control - the guys who clear up after superhero fights (My god they must be loaded.) and for some reason, these civil servants, or perhaps just private company employees call themselves Piledriver, Wrecker, Bulldozer and presumably Thunderball (who's waving a wrecking ball around his head - doesn't this guy know how property damage is started?). I find this very natural because when I was in a minor car accident the other week, the highway patrol people showed up and were calling themselves Fenderbender and Write-off.

I like the Wrecking Crew. I don't know why they're so stupid here.

Also, they seem to be unbelievably strong. Just like that. The guy doesn't even seem remotely surprised at their inhuman strength (and they're not wearing any kind of super-armour) even though he thinks the Hulk is a hoax. So either these guys are mutants, or they're part of the super soldier programme and Nick Fury doesn't need them for the war effort. Either way, it's a normal every day occurrence.

So in the first page, Bendis pretty much obliterated four mediocre 616 characters. Well that's okay because they were mediocre. Remember, bad storytelling is fine if the characters aren't liked by the general public or the writer (hmm... this explains Star Trek: Voyager).

Then we get Ultimate Omega Red. How do we know his name? Because he shouts it at the top of his head and because he's got the greek letter (even though he's Russian) 'Omega' plastered over his costume - and it's red. That, I don't mind so much. What I do mind is not content with the 50-foot red omega on his chest, he felt he needed to tattoo a smaller red omega onto his forehead.

Oh, and at the end of the fight, the tattoo comes off. I guess it was one of those transfer ones - or maybe henna. No wonder he sucks so bad, he can't even handle a proper tattoo.

Then Spider-Man comes along and fights him. Within seconds of the guy showing up. Seconds. Did Bendis forget #28? Well, anyway, Spider-Man's Spider Luck meant he was there to fight Omega Red who talks like an idiot because he tells everyone about how he feels. He's probably having a nervous breakdown. Then, Omega Red does something cool. He tells Spider-Man he hates jokes (and Spidey's were bad) and throws him into the air without a thought. Then Spidey clobbers Omega Red (in a particularly cool way) and then, drops a machine on Omega Red's head just hard enough to incapacitate him, but not kill him so he can say 'ow'.

So, Omega Red shows up, blows up a boat, and then gets beaten by Spider-Man in about five pages.

We then later on find out he's a Russian mercenary (which is good because nothing in Bendis' dialogue made him sound remotely Russian - in fact, I'm pretty sure he sounded exactly like the Shocker) who is a mutant and had tests done on him. Well they were ****ty tests. Tendrils that do nothing and a little superhuman strength. What was his mutant power? Being albino? Russian? Drawing red omegas on his head?

I remember how Omega Red debuted in 616. Shinobi Shaw and some other people resurrect this monstrous white man from a cryogenic sleep. It turns out that decades ago, Wolverine was on a top secret mission (with Sabretooth as they were friends back then) to kill the Russian equivalent to the Captain America super-soldier programme - Omega Red. This guy was immensely strong and could suck your life out of you and make himself stronger. He scared so much **** out of Wolverine that all they could do to stop him was freeze him and hope he didn't wake up. When he is awoken, Omega Red takes over the operation and becomes a menace to the villains, forcing pretty much everyone to try and take him down (which they do). He was a monster that scared Wolverine, a dark mirror to Captain America, and took on pretty much three billion X-Men to a virtual standstill.

I read that comic 10 years ago and I still kinda remember it. I read USM 10 minutes ago and am trying hard to forget it.

If there's any justice, in 10 years, someone will be going, "I love retconning crappy Bendis stories".

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Bendis' ENTIRE Ultimate Universe Mega-Uber plot that isn't going anywhere is based upon people trying to copy the super soldier programme that created Captain America. He acts as if this is a new idea.

The crappy 90s character he writes with such disdain already had that origin over five years before anyone knew who Bendis was.

Omega Red is one of the only 616 characters who's origin is tied to the super soldier programme and Bendis, instead of realising this ties into his whole story arc and using it to further the conspiracy, pisses it away on a mutant with no powers that gets beaten up and put in super prison.

The 'crappy' 90s character is what he's been copying for five years, the dumbass.

And then you've got the pointlessly convoluted (and long) Silver Sable watching Spider-Man bollocks. Two days ago. Three weeks ago. Today. Why not do it chronologically? Oh, because if you play it straight you'll realise how dull it is? People watch Spider-Man, then lose him. Then watch him and find him near a school. Page after page of bollocks so we can get the pay off (which is a good pay off to be sure) - the Silver Sable thinks Flash is Spider-Man.

For a page.

At the end of the issue, Spider-Man doesn't even know he's being followed and Silver Sable has already realised her mistake. Why did he even bother with the pretense her capturing Flash matters? (No doubt this will pay off 'down the road'.) Why bother with Omega Red? Why not use the first five pages instead of ruining the Wrecking Crew and Omega Red, show us the surveillance, then show Flash being kidnapped, and have the whole Peter discovers Flash is missing. He hates Flash, so does he go out looking for him? Or does he not care? Is it his responsibility? A moral dilemma with the basis for humour as Spidey has to save a guy he hates while hiding the fact he's Peter Parker. From trained assassins.

Ah, **** it. Bendis is pissing away more stories than he's writing. And you all know how many ****ing stories he's writing these days.
WTF Bass. I'm not reading all of that. I'm in a hurry. But I'm addicted to the site so I hop on whenever I can. Shut up. Most of you do the same thing. But I imagine the gist is you bashing Bendis about taking a character and be careless with him for ****'s sake. And if that is the case... I agree. Have a good evening. :twisted:

TheManWithoutFear said:
WTF Bass. I'm not reading all of that. I'm in a hurry. But I'm addicted to the site so I hop on whenever I can. Shut up. Most of you do the same thing. But I imagine the gist is you bashing Bendis about taking a character and be careless with him for ****'s sake. And if that is the case... I agree. Have a good evening. :twisted:

Wait... at first I thought he was having a go at me... then he agrees... :crazy:

I'm confoosed!

Anyhow, the above rant is why I don't read Bendis' comics anymore. I fell off the wagon. It'll never happen again.

Until the next time.

Latest posts

Back