Avengers A female Hawkeye?

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
From what Newsarama.com has reported, there looks to be like there might be a 'female Hawkeye'-type character in New Avengers.

As they reported:

"They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well, this preview image from Marvel's July issue of Young Avengers (#6) may be worth even more, and a few choice ones at that…

Young Avengers #6 wraps up the buzz series' first story arc "Sidekicks" and promises the loss of a founding member (playing off the team's promised "first fatality" in issue #5), a new member, and a "radical transformation" and "surprising new direction" for the team.

While the cover by regular series artist Jim Cheung not only strongly suggests at the fatality and has the first look at Cassie Lang in Ant-Girl costume, it's the certain seeming new member (presumably Kate Bishop) sporting a bow & arrow that may get hardcore Avengers fans talking.

The death of Clint Barton/Hawkeye in "Avengers Disassembled" is still a sore spot with some of the old school Avengers faithful so reaction to a new character possibly taking up the mantle (perhaps as "Hawkette") in the pages of Young Avengers may be strong."

And the cover:

YoungAvengers6.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap! Iron Lad might die?!

but the series revolves around him! wow, now I kind of want to read this.

Oh, and about another Hawkeye: Boo. Lame.

like the higlander, there can only be one hawkeye.

besides, a kid can't go around keeping up with super villains with just a bow and arrow. kid's with super-powers and enhancements, sure. bow and arrow, no.

besides, it takes yeeeaaars to learn how to use that thing. unless she is shown missing all the time and then dying all the time (well, just once is fine), i boo the decision. thusly: boo.

iceman said:
like the higlander, there can only be one hawkeye.

besides, a kid can't go around keeping up with super villains with just a bow and arrow. kid's with super-powers and enhancements, sure. bow and arrow, no.

besides, it takes yeeeaaars to learn how to use that thing. unless she is shown missing all the time and then dying all the time (well, just once is fine), i boo the decision. thusly: boo.
I have no words for the thoughtless comment... :roll:

who?

and i'm still against this. i mean, yeah, i gave my reasons before. and b, she's speedy. why not just have utimate reed go into the DC universe and steal Speedy, and dye her hair black.

iceman said:
who?

and i'm still against this. i mean, yeah, i gave my reasons before. and b, she's speedy. why not just have utimate reed go into the DC universe and steal Speedy, and dye her hair black.
The Ultimate Reed would have to ask to the other Reed to steal Speedy :roll:

first and foremost, Iron Lad. They said someone would die and many many speculated that it would be him. I wonder how it's gonna happen. Is it too soon to lose someone already?

Ok, I don't like the fact they're all mini-avengers but since it's already happened, I think it's cool they're being consistant. Hawk-girl it is and I think it's pretty damn cool.

If Iron Lad dies what happens to Kang then? :? Does he dissapear in some "Back to the Future" sequence or does he still exist in some parallel timeline that is not the timeline that the rest of 616 exist in or... or... or... I HATE TIME TRAVEL!!! :gripe:

Ultimate Warrior said:
If Iron Lad dies what happens to Kang then? :? Does he dissapear in some "Back to the Future" sequence or does he still exist in some parallel timeline that is not the timeline that the rest of 616 exist in or... or... or... I HATE TIME TRAVEL!!! :gripe:

You said everything i wanted to say, EVERYTHING, I HATE TIME TRAVELERS!!!!

I've been looking through other threads on other sites and I think the general consensus is that Iron Lad's death does not affect Kang. I'm sure somehow they'll make it affect him. That would mean Kang's ultimate demise though and that's a big deal.

Obviously Scarlet Witch has screwed up reality and brought Hawkeye back as a chick.

Hawk-gir.... Hawette? Sounds cool. Out of all the member so far I like Iron Lad, but if it's his time to go then it's his time to go.

Read the scenes with Patriot in earlier issues.I reckon Patriot and Iron Lad( :lol: )swop or something along those lines.....JoeyQ hyped this series too much to allow that to get out.....I mentioned this in an earlier thread,I think we're being blatantly misled.....

Hawkette? Why not just call her Hawkeye and be done with it. I mean the mans dead, it's not like he'd care.

As for the first fatality, I'm hoping it's not Iron Lad, he's probably my favorite Young Avenger so far. Plus it'd be alot of work to get the temorals to line up.

And honestly, this isn't Teen Titans, it's Young Justice.

Robin - Patriot
Superboy - Ausgaurdian
Arrowette - Hawkette
Ect

Hell, we could even have the newly discovered Vision in the Red Tornado mentor position.

Latest posts

Back