[adult swim]

Re: Adult Swim

Willverine said:
Aqua Teen has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I also like Squidbillies and Tom Goes to the Mayor a lot (old school Mr. Show fan, a lot of the folks involved with TGttM were on Mr. Show like Bob Odenkirk, David Cross, Brian Posehn, etc.).

Best new show, though, for sure, is METALOCALPYSE. I watched the premiere last night and it was killer. I hope it keeps going. I'm a huge metal fan :rockon:, so it was right up my alley. The names of the band members alone had me rolling: William Murderface, Nathan Explosion, Pickles (the drummer), Skwizgar Skwiggles and Tokie Wort.

The premise is that of a black/death metal band who is bigger than the Beatles ever were. They travel around in a helicopter restaurant and their fans sign "pain waivers" before their concerts which frees the band of any liability to injuries or death endured during the show.

Brilliance.

Everyone should watch and rock to the Duncan Hills coffee jingle.

Tom goes to the mayor sucks bollocks. It's a piece of **** and pig testicles mixed with bacon grease, duck feces, and two krispy kreme donuts. I call it the luthor two. But it's ten times worse.

Well it's actually just William Murderface... but in the theme song it is repeated thrice.

Skwizgar Sqwizzle Taller than a tree,
Tokie Wort, not a bumblebee,
William Murderface, Murderface, Murderface
Pickles (the drummer)
Nathan Explosion

Better?

At least we all agree... the show RULES.

Check the new avatar.

Hibiki said:
Tom goes to the mayor sucks bollocks. It's a piece of **** and pig testicles mixed with bacon grease, duck feces, and two krispy kreme donuts. I call it the luthor two. But it's ten times worse.

To each their own. I think it's hilarious... a lot of people felt the same way about Mr. Show when it was still on HBO. It was one of those shows you either hated or loved, and I loved it. To the point that I own the entire anthology on DVD, plus the Run Ronnie Run theatrical (odd, it was never released theatrically) and the Director's Cut.

Willverine said:
To each their own. I think it's hilarious... a lot of people felt the same way about Mr. Show when it was still on HBO. It was one of those shows you either hated or loved, and I loved it. To the point that I own the entire anthology on DVD, plus the Run Ronnie Run theatrical (odd, it was never released theatrically) and the Director's Cut.

Man, I feel like I cannot connect with you at all. Those shows suck. I'd rather watch Martin.

Hibiki said:
Man, I feel like I cannot connect with you at all. Those shows suck. I'd rather watch Martin.

I suppose I can understand that, there is roughly a 10 year age difference between you and I. I wonder if you've ever actually watched that much Mr. Show, though, because it was really a genius show (at least, at the time). A lot of folks got their big break on that show, like Jack Black and Sarah Silverman.

And how can anyone not like Run Ronnie Run?

Ah well, no sense in arguing over it.

Willverine said:

No **** man!!! That movie is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

And Mr.Show was pure brilliance....way ahead of it's time.

Willverine said:
Mr. Show and Tom Goes to the Mayor both rock. I honestly don't understand why people hate TGttM so much. I think you may be the first person I've encountered on the internet who also like it. I don't understand why people hate it so much.
hibiki said:
Like that. Did Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim kill your family or something?

I guess you should be glad that you weren't here when I had my Mayor avatar. Apparently, you would of vomited all over your computer every time you saw it.
It had it's moments,...But I can see why Bob Odenkirk and David Cross disowned it.

I caught it late night on tv a few weeks ago, having never even known it existed. I was kind of expecting it to be a parody of movies based on sketch comedy show characters, thinking that Bob and David would never turn a character into a movie.

That being said, there are definitely some funny bits. For some reason, my favorite part is the little cameo by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, where Matt is holding a ferret on his shoulder.

"Welcome to Hollywood, Ronnie!"

"Don't you love it!"

It's not that I hate it but it's not that funny. I get every joke and i don't laugh. Same thing with Mr. Show. The guy with the glasses was funny but not in that show. I'd much rather watch ATHF any day of the week. Because I do. I think those guys just want to be on tv. They're not trying to make a good show. They just want their fifteen. That's all I see.

I just spent 2 painful hours crafting a DVD cover in MS Paint for the episodes of the Venture Bros. that I've Tivoed and commited to DVD-RW.

The fruit of my efforts:
fde567a5.jpg

EDIT: Crap. Photobucket re-sized it. Well, you get the idea.

Last edited:

I am so tired right now. I stayed up last night to catch Frisky Dingo.

I am sorely disappointed. I should've gone to bed right after Deathklok.

I just spent 2 painful hours crafting a DVD cover in MS Paint for the episodes of the Venture Bros. that I've Tivoed and commited to DVD-RW.

The fruit of my efforts:
fde567a5.jpg

EDIT: Crap. Photobucket re-sized it. Well, you get the idea.
That's odd. It shouldn't be resizing the JPGs...

Frisky Dingo was a big disappoint, not half as funny as Sealab was at it's worst.

Last edited:

Frisky Dingo was a big disappoint,

I haven't heard of that one

Also has anyone seen the 12 oz. Mouse. WTF is that about? I start to watch it, somethings are funny but than it just gets so boring I cant stand to watch it. I bet you have to be high to appreciate it.

I haven't heard of that one

Also has anyone seen the 12 oz. Mouse. WTF is that about? I start to watch it, somethings are funny but than it just gets so boring I cant stand to watch it. I bet you have to be high to appreciate it.

i thought the frist 3 episodes were really funny but all the other ones have been terrible, like really really terrible.

the current series of aqua teens is hilarious!! not one bad episode yet! anyone else catchin it?

aww c`mon what about hand banana he was pretty on par "You.............Tonight!"

EDIT: eek i meant "Tonight........YOU!"

Last edited:

i thought the frist 3 episodes were really funny but all the other ones have been terrible, like really really terrible.
Agreed. The first episode is classic.

One of my favorite television exchanges ever:

"What do you do?"
"I do it all."
"Can you sit down?"
"I'll do that, because that's something that I can do."
"...Are you drunk?"
"Not drunk enough."
I have mixed feelings about ATHF. Does not compare to the first four seasons.
I thought its been pretty good.
aww c`mon what about hand banana he was pretty on par "You.............Tonight!"

EDIT: eek i meant "Tonight........YOU!"
Hand Bannana was hilarious.

"I don't know how to talk. I'm just a dog, I only know 'ball' and 'fetch'....and 'rape'."

Has anyone else been loving Frisky Dingo? It's ****ing awesome.

Latest posts

Back