[adult swim]

Re: Adult Swim

moonmaster said:
I also hated this show until I realized that it was supposed to be a huge parody of anime (which I didn't know at first). I love anime, but PHF just mocks it so well. Like the overly sexy teens, the perverted old teacher and the fact that the main character refers to himself as "a humble but competitive youth".

the only thing i consistently like on the show is the hot dog. and that's only because it's absurdly ridiculous, and i haven't seen him enough for him to get annoying.

dooothe lalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalala la!

:lol:

I just watched the episode of Sealab 2021 when the Captain guy gets stuck under a drink machine. A scorpion lays eggs in his navel!

:lol:

iceman said:
the only thing i consistently like on the show is the hot dog. and that's only because it's absurdly ridiculous, and i haven't seen him enough for him to get annoying.

dooothe lalalalalalalalala lalalalalalalala la!
I like Uncle-Grandfather.
"You must help, Uncle-Grandfather! People are getting dead!"
"...People...are getting nude?"
"No, dead."
"..nude?..."
"No, dead."
"........nude?..."
"May I come in?"
"...Yes. Come in nude..."
"Uncle-Grandfa-"
"...You are not nude...You two...fight for two minutes..."

*guy and girl fight*

"and i say to myself .... i need exact change!"

"oh ben! we're going to be mommies!"

I just watched the episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force with MC Pee Pants.

Are all these series in some kind of Adult Swim universe? Which series exactly?

ProjectX2 said:
I just watched the episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force with MC Pee Pants.

Are all these series in some kind of Adult Swim universe? Which series exactly?

the aqua teens showed up on space ghost once, and they were completely different. it was, by far, my favorite episode of space ghost. master shake was basically Er.

if you wanna watch good aqua teen, watch the plutonians one. or the frat aliens one.

Stroker and Hoop is my favorite. The constant cursing and frustration is gold.

I also like Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman, Sealab, Brak Show, and Space Ghost.

I haven't seen Boondocks, but it looks good. Squidbillies seems really strange. I saw five minutes of Tom Goes to the Mayor, and I didn't like it too much at all.

But I got to love Adult Swim for the rebirth of Family Guy. Hopefully Futurama will follow in suit one day.

Last edited:

I just found out The Venture Bros. is on tonight. I haven't seen it, but I heard it's good, so :rockon:

ProjectX2 said:
I just found out The Venture Bros. is on tonight. I haven't seen it, but I heard it's good, so :rockon:

If you don't like Venture Bros....there is something wrong with your soul.

Moreso than usual..... :lol:

I wish they sold the Adult Swim DVDs here... :(

ProjectX2 said:
Venture Bros. rocks hardcore. I CANNOT WAIT for the new season.

Does anyone else love Moral Orel? Its hilarious in the most ridiculous, offensive way possible.

moonmaster said:
Does anyone else love Moral Orel? Its hilarious in the most ridiculous, offensive way possible.

I've only seen one episode, but it's enough to make me want to buy the DVD when it comes out.

Heh, The Venture Bros. is pretty funny. It was the episode where Brock Samson goes into that desire machine and Doctor Orpheus has to help.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is still awesome because of Master Shake. Sealab 2021 is awesome because of Captain Murphy.

Those two characters rule.

Apparently, Pee Wee's Playhouse is coming to America's [adult swim]. :lol:

I just bought the First Season of The Venture Brothers at Circuit City for $20. I watched the first four episodes and laughed my *** off. Well worth the investment.

ProjectX2 said:

Yesss! I love S. Epatha Merkerson!

But seriously, this used to be on ABC Family back when it was FOX Family ("You belong, you belong, you belong...") in the mornings before I went to school (or was it camp), and I loved it. Now, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is one of my favorite comedies ever. Heh.

"Is there something you'd like to share with us, Amazing Larry??!" :lol:

ProjectX2 said:
I knew the music in those commercials last night sounded familiar...

Speaking of last night, it was a good day for [adult swim]. Does any one like "Tom Goes to the Mayor"?....Anyone? I know people hate it, but I just don't see why. I think it's hilarious. How can you not laugh at Sir Mix-A-Lot singing about "Big Cups" and asking people on the street if they "Love their Big Cups!". Great stuff.

And did anyone watch "Korgoth of Barbaria"? It's officially one of my new favorite [as] shows. If you love the Brock Sampson aspect of Venture Bros (I'm looking at you, VVD), you'd love this show. It's basically Brock as a barbarian. It's just 22 minutes of people being impaled and cut up and set on fire, set to heavy metal. It rocks.

Latest posts

Back