Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

Marvel SHIELD TV Show news

I'm skeptical of you!

Also that rumour.

Last edited:
Re: Marvel SHIELD TV Show news

I'm skeptical of that Coulson rumor.

It's an implausible death scene to reverse by saying "Oh, he was faking it!" and Gregg's interviews have suggested that there's a mystery to how he's returned and he's fundamentally changed and coming to terms with it. The idea that he wasn't really dead after all doesn't strike me as something that would have that sort of effect. And how the hell do they plan Coulson pretending to die by getting stabbed in the chest by Loki?

My money's on Coulson being an LMD who's been implanted with a memory of faking his death or being revived on the cusp of death.

wouldn't
being forced to fake his death in order to manipulate his heroes change him?
I feel like it would make him more cynical.

wouldn't
being forced to fake his death in order to manipulate his heroes change him?
I feel like it would make him more cynical.

I guess....?

"Hey Coulson, here's the plan. If Loki manages to break out of the super-high tech SHIELD helicarrier prison that we've imprisoned him in to keep him imprisoned, and if in the act of that he manages to stab you in the chest with a spear and just so happens to stab you in such a way that it doesn't kill you, I want you to hold your breath so the Avengers will think you're dead. As a team building exercise it could really help them. So you think you could do that for us? Yeah, k thanks."

Bass said:
I'm sexual for you!

Fixed your spelling.

You're welcome.

Last edited:

I guess....?

"Hey Coulson, here's the plan. If Loki manages to break out of the super-high tech SHIELD helicarrier prison that we've imprisoned him in to keep him imprisoned, and if in the act of that he manages to stab you in the chest with a spear and just so happens to stab you in such a way that it doesn't kill you, I want you to hold your breath so the Avengers will think you're dead. As a team building exercise it could really help them. So you think you could do that for us? Yeah, k thanks."

Alternatively,
Loki escapes, stabs Coulson. Fury sees it as an opportunity and the following conversation ensues...
Fury: Brave, brave Coulson, you shall not have not died in vain!
Coulson: Uh, I'm-- I'm not quite dead, sir.
Fury: Well, you shall not have been mortally wounded in vain!
Coulson:I -- I think I c-- I could pull through, sir.
Fury: Oh, I see.
Coulson:Actually, I think I'm all right to come with you, sir--
Fury: No, no, sweet Coulson! Stay here and pretend you are dead! The Avengers need help to accomplish a daring and heroic rescue in their own particular...
Coulson: Idiom, sir?
Fury: Idiom!
Coulson: No, I feel fine, actually, sir.
Fury: Farewell, sweet Coulson!
Coulson: I'll, um-- I'll just stay here, then. Shall I, sir? Yeah.

Last edited:
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. news & discussions (spoilers)

#Coulsonlives

[video=youtube;pFZE3W1SF_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFZE3W1SF_Q&feature=player_embedded[/video]

http://youtu.be/G5ODnz78XTI

There's the full 30 second trailer. Looks like fun. Lot of people are speculating the guy jumping out of the building is Luke Cage. Could be. If it is I kind of hope they explain his powers as being the result of Extremis or a variation (since Feige said we'd be seeing more of Extremis and sooner rather than later--I assumed that meant it'd probably have something to do with the Cap sequel or maybe Avengers 2, but the show would be an interesting avenue to continue that plot thread in). Either way I hope that is Cage, and we see more Marvel characters introduced in the show for possible chance at the "big leagues" (film appearance). It'd be fantastic if they could find the perfect balance of adapting B, C, and even D list Marvel characters and concepts from the comics as occasional guest stars and plot points, original stories and mysteries, and combine the hi-tech, espionage and world-traveling SHIELD has established itself as, with the occasional street-level crime story or political story.

Looking forward to it.

Me too. Looks like they are taking care to make it good and not a cheap exploitation of the film's success.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Tuesdays at 8pm

agents-of-shield1.jpg

[video=youtube;PerIAuv27SQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PerIAuv27SQ[/video]

That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). Their initial investigations lead them to civilian computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

That sounds like it could be vaguely Global Frequency-ish.

in the interview it's alluded to that just because the character/actor is black in the MCU, he may not be in the 616/comic universe

Batman, obviously.

I find it so weird that the comics community is all excited over whether Luke Cage or Rage may show up in a TV show.

Latest posts

Back