Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

Nice to see Kyle MacLachlan back in a red room. What if when Twin Peaks comes back this is canon. Like this is where Cooper has been.

Marvel have certainly taken an all-inclusive approach with their film/television universe... but not sure they're going to be THAT inclusive.

Twin Peaks 2016 opening: "Meanwhile, while possessed by Bob, Agent Cooper hopped over the bridge of reality to torment his daughter in an alternate dimension"

I thought it was a boring lackluster episode.

I gotta agree. The bad guys were lame and only served to show what the episode already showed, Cal is a pathetic drugged up psychopathic loser. It kind of even felt like Kyle MacLachlan was phoning ot in this episode. Then the reveal of SHIELD is weak. Like the reveal of "real SHIELD" was cool but then it was ruined by showing a "ooo! A new logo!". Just bleh.

I thought it was a waste having that actress play a lady with razor blade fingernails.

And even the reveal of a 'real' SHIELD was lame. Do we really believe that nonsense?

Was it just me or was Talbot written really out of character in yesterday's episode? he came across really goofy the whole way through. The whole episode was pretty weak, I thought.

I think it was just a way to re-establish Agent 33 and to check in with Ward and see what they are up too.

But yeah, the last two weeks have been boring. I'm not impressed with the second SHIELD team thing at all.

Last night's episode was fine, but I want to get back to the Inhumans!

Also, what Skye had to wear on her arms reminded me of what her comic counterpart wore as part of her costume.

Secret_Warriors_22_textless.jpg

Is it just me or does it feel like it's waiting for Ultron to happen sort of how season one was waiting for TWS to happen?

huh, I hadn't thought of that. It's a completely different character, but I guess she could be the MCU's answer to Whitney Frost/Giuletta Nefaria.

I mean, we got a new Whiplash but think about how the original was. Also Talbot even called her it after the lineup.

Last edited:
I was wondering about the cabin where Coulson took Skye. We're told that Cap stayed there for a while after defrosting, we see an imprint from Hulk's fist on the wall and one of the "real S.H.I.E.L.D." agents called it "the house Banner built".

So was it the house at the end of The Incredible Hulk? But the walls look exactly like the walls on Coulson's plane, so it's S.H.I.E.L.D. tech. That would imply Banner stayed there some time after The Avengers (he had no affiliation with S.H.I.E.L.D. before that), but in the movie it seemed like he had control of the Hulk at that point, so the fist imprint in the wall seems weird.

So Banner built the cabin, S.H.I.E.L.D. appropriated it at some point as a safe house (or the safe house, as it's called simply "the retreat") and housed Cap there, then after the events of The Avengers Banner stayed there again and still had anger issues? Feels to me like the writers made it a little too convoluted with the little winks and nods.

Last edited:
Or another way to look at it would be to say that Banner developed that technology of those walls, that SHIELD now uses in it's various holding cells.

Latest posts

Back