Aliens vs. Predator 2

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Fangoria reports that Alien vs. Predator sequel Alien vs. Predator: Survival of the Fittest (new title) starts shooting in Vancouver on September 23 and wraps on December 14:

AVP's Tom Woodruff Jr. and Alec Gillis of Amalgamated Dynamics, veterans of the first AVP and all the previous ALIEN sequels, will encore on the creature FX. The Shane Salerno script places the battling extraterrestrials on U.S. soil (the Midwest).

Colin and Greg Strauss are making their feature directorial debut on the film, opening December 21, 2007.
from superhero hype

OMG I loved AvP and I can't wait for AvP2 I hoped they would do it but with the amout of people who hated it i thought nope not gonna happen but now

HBK said:
IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I had to lol)

What do you guys think the Predalien will look like? I know he has been in games but the games and comics of Aliens vs Predator do not effect the movie plus the lil cute baby predalien at the end of avp looked diffrent to the lil baby predaliens on the games.

Re: Avp2!

I liked the first one and most everyone i knew for that matter. The second better be alot more action though.

Hibiki said:
I liked the first one and most everyone i knew for that matter. The second better be alot more action though.

Exactly. Everyone i know loved avp. but when i go on IMDB or other sites they are full of topics about how much the film sucked.

Well the first alien & predator were so harcore. the rest were kinda Meh. although i did enjoy pred 2 so that's why I knew the first pred/aliens movie would be good. So the second better pwn up.

Wanna know what my biggest problem with AvP 1 was? It was set in firggin antartica. In the Pred movies they make such a big deal about them only coming down to hunt during massive, 100+ degree heat waves (I wonder if any are in Cali right now...) and then they set the vrs movie in one of the coldest places on earth. I say bull pucky!

But this on is set in the midwest. I'm cool with that. Lets see some predaliens rippin **** up!

Baxter said:
Wanna know what my biggest problem with AvP 1 was? It was set in firggin antartica. In the Pred movies they make such a big deal about them only coming down to hunt during massive, 100+ degree heat waves (I wonder if any are in Cali right now...) and then they set the vrs movie in one of the coldest places on earth. I say bull pucky!

But this on is set in the midwest. I'm cool with that. Lets see some predaliens rippin **** up!

Ah but they were young predators and it was designed to challange them. So their suits were adapted for cold but its puts them at a huge disadvantage so its more of a challange for them.

Alien vs. Predator was the greatest love story of our time...

It was the thrilling tale of when one woman, and one scary-*** predator find true emotion in the face of a terrible enemy.

Seriously though, its a great Popcorn Flick. It has no emotional depth, and they left the main character stranded in a tank top in the middle of antarctica...

But I'll probably go see this Opening Night.

**** Yes.

sjmole said:
Ah but they were young predators and it was designed to challange them. So their suits were adapted for cold but its puts them at a huge disadvantage so its more of a challange for them.
But my problem with that is that if they only come down when its that friggi9n hot then 65 would be a great discomfort. The insanely low temps of antartica would be lethal without full body coverage, wich they didn't have.

And yeah. I'll probably go see this opening night. it won't be another Aliens, but I'll dig it till I'm out of the theater.

They should have based the films on the book series. They were wicked books. Set in the future, more like Aliens, the revelation that the Predators seeded worlds with Aliens for them to hunt, and the predator names for human and Alien. Soft Meat and Hard Meat....brilliant...

Meh. The first AvP was so so.

There was only one cool drawn out fight between an Alien and a Predator. That was fun.

But for the most part it was people crawling into tight corridors, acting affraid and suddenly... loud noise and one less person to care about. Meh.

Aliens was much more visceral than that. Come on, damn it, it's supposed to be Aliens VS Predator. VS.

More of the VS, less of the BS, please.

Last edited:

interesting that its set in the midwest...

Anyone know what the indigenous civilization out there was? Around Ohio maybe? Large agricultural center, complex urban center.... Like a chaco canyon of the midwest... Anyone know what Im referencing?

Anyways, it would be cool if the civilization I cant remember somehow tied into AVP2.

The first one was good, the PReds were dying alittle too quickly in my opinion, but oh well.

Can we actually have a title in this thread instead of Avps!!11!one!11 please?

Mississippian civilization. Thats the ancient culture I was thinking of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture

They built mounds of dirt that look like pyramids. And AVP indicated that predators were behind pyramid worship structures. Therefore, I believe if the movie is in fact set in the midwest....

Mississippian culture will be revealed to have worshipped the predators.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Alien vs. Predator was the greatest love story of our time...

It was the thrilling tale of when one woman, and one scary-*** predator find true emotion in the face of a terrible enemy.
AvP.jpg

God, it looks like the ****-tastic script that was review on AICN has come to life...
I was really hoping for some new Space-marine carnage and some action scenes that didn't blow. Guess not:(

Sacred&Profane said:
God, it looks like the ****-tastic script that was review on AICN has come to life...
I was really hoping for some new Space-marine carnage and some action scenes that didn't blow. Guess not:(

Why would there be space marines? It wouldn't follow up to the first movie.

Hibiki said:
Why would there be space marines? It wouldn't follow up to the first movie.

why would you follow up to the first movie? It was bad enough, making a sequel to it (set on modern-day earth, in a small town in the US, killing all franchise continuity for Aliens) is a dumb idea. Bring on the hardcore action movie with Space Marines vs. Aliens vs. Predators. That, or actually make the Predators vs. Aliens fights the spotlight of the film, instead of focusing on some stupid human angle (it wouldn't be stupid if it was the Colonial Marines..)

Want to know the ending to it, based on the script we've seen reviewed?

Single predator is jumped on and mauled by Aliens in an unspectacular fight scene. Then highly uncharacterised small-town folk kill the aliens with rifles.

Oh joy, what a great movie.

Latest posts

Back