All About Movies Thread: 8 Tweets & a Funeral.

I actually think Sam Raimi is a pretty good choice, and I agree with Planet-man about making it look like the original film. That would be interesting. Why doesn't Raimi just adapt Wicked though?

Yeah, the idea of Tim Burton doing this makes me nauseous. Raimi could go anywhere with it.

What I'd love is if they made to look as closely as possible to how'd it would've been made in the 1930s. Sepia stuff, sets with miniatures, hot air balloons on wires, actual midgets, matte paintings and especially all the cinematography. THAT would be something special.

Pretty sure its more of a prequel to the story and not a prequel to the MGM movie musical.

What I'd love is if they made to look as closely as possible to how'd it would've been made in the 1930s. Sepia stuff, sets with miniatures, hot air balloons on wires, actual midgets, matte paintings and especially all the cinematography. THAT would be something special.
I could get onboard with that idea!
Pretty sure its more of a prequel to the story and not a prequel to the MGM movie musical.

maybe so, but the MGM movie musical is such a classic film that i think it would feel weird to have a Wizard of Oz related movie that wasn't tied into it. When I think of Wizard of Oz, I don't think of the book first, I think of Judy Garland as Dorothy and Burt Lahr singing " 'f I were King of the Forest"

That being said, I can't think of any examples where they've tried to go back and continue a classic movie series and keep the same feel that have worked
(Superman Returns, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull come immediately to mind as failures). Sometimes it is best just to move on. But I feel like Wizard of Oz is a movie that is respected enough that they would take it seriously and try really hard and pull it off.

and then ruin it by making it a 3D movie.

I think good director has a fantasy movie in them, but I'm not sure how much of this movie is going to take place in Oz anyway, if it's about the Wizard before he became such.

Poor Bumblebee

[video]http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6948459n[/video]

Poor Bumblebee

[video]http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6948459n[/video]

"The accident was not intended to be part of the film."

DVD extras!

Lea Thompson looks just like Back to the Future predicted she would look like 30 years later.

Last edited:
I have seen Beetlejuice "about 167 times and it keeps gettin' funnier..... every single time that I see it!" and I can tell you there's no scene like that in the movie.

Unless your co-worker got the part of the film wrong, and was Winona Ryder.

Latest posts

Back