All About Movies Thread: 8 Tweets & a Funeral.

sorry to break it to you but that's not really possible. (For either of you)

speaking strictly anatomically.

Actually... science is working on a way to fertilize and egg with another egg, so :p

maybe you shout try grammaring it so.

SCIENCE doesn't mess around with grammar foo'

Maybe you shout try it as well.

Besides, with Bluebeast getting my back, I don't need too. Up high Bluebeast!

Actually... science is working on a way to fertilize and egg with another egg, so :p

Yes we are, and we call it the Reverse Twins Movie procedure.

And there we go, related it all back to movies.

We need more Danny Devito/Arnold comedies. Who can do it now though? Zach Galfanikdskjaia and the Rock?

I just watched Blindside tonight for the first time. What a great film. And it's a true story. It's really awesome to hear stories like that.

On a mostly unrelated note, we had a friend of mine speak at an event my church put on today. He and his wife are missionaries to prostitutes and pimps. They reach out and help these girls that are so terribly victimized and show them what real compassion and love is, to girls that have never known it. And then my friend is able to see past his anger towards the very guys who victimize the girls and reach out to the pimps and help them realize the destructive and unfulfilling cycle their lives are in. I know probably none of you guys are on the same page as me as far as God goes, but these guys exemplify the kind of thing Jesus was all about.

Anyway, with hearing about that and then watching the Blindside today, I've spent a good portion of the day with misty eyes.

The Exorcist is the second best film ever made.

Jaws is first.

I finally saw Paranormal Activity last week and it lived up to expectations. Glad somebody made a movie like that. I watched it alone in the basement in the middle of the night too, which I think enhanced the experience. My mom and sister watched it together and while they found it really scary they weren't that disturbed by what I thought was the most terrifying part of the film
(during the Ouija Board scene when they leave the house and then you can hear it approaching the camera, because it's the first time you're really "alone" in the house. I almost couldn't watch)

I also was pretty much obligated to put a bedsheet over a foam head on a stick and leave it in my sister's room the night after she watched the movie.

I also finally saw Thir13een Ghosts, which had such an awesome premise that it made up for the only-okay execution. The ghosts themselves were really cool too. It actually felt like it might've made a better videogame than a movie.

I watched Let the Right One In last night and it was certanly good, but I think overhyped. I certainly don't believe it's the best vampire movie of all time.

Plus it just annoys me when people allow themselves to be bullied.

I saw this movie as a kid and loved it, and I've seen this trailer loads of times over the years and loved it too, but I was watching it randomly the other night and it just suddenly hit me that it's one of the most ridiculous movie trailers of all time. I must've been imagining seeing it for the first time or something, but I just couldn't stop laughing.

It seems like a normal trailer at first, but then JGL starts making his prayer, and you're thinking "No. No way. Come on." and then you've got the angels cued with the actual theme from The Natural, all the high-fiving, accidentally drinking Christopher Lloyd, "musta been those chili dogs I had before the game!", increasingly goofy McConaughey facial expressions, etc. Probably one of those extremely subjective experiences, but I had to share.

[video=youtube;ajBCBBR8RWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBCBBR8RWg[/video]

Last edited:
Plus it just annoys me when people allow themselves to be bullied.

Even when the bully is both Superman and your father?

1027_4_030.jpg

Latest posts

Back