All About Movies Thread: 8 Tweets & a Funeral.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I saw Trick 'R Treat last night. T'was very good and freightning. Tonight I plan on seeing The Amityville Horror.

Re: All About Movies Thread: 8 Tweests & a Funeral.

I thought the title said 8 tweets and a funeral.

Last edited:
I still don't understand the title.

While watching The Room last night, my friend repeatedly mentioned that he thought that Mark in it was a lot like Napoleon Dynamite.

8 tweets were a going
7 dames were wondering
6 guitars were rocking
5 players were bawling
4 hulks were smashing
3 bottles of whiskey were pouring
2 stoners were blazing
1 funeral was going

I am going to a press screening of 127 HOURS and then interviewing Danny Boyle for my college paper next week. And so my (hopeful) career in entertainment journalism begins.

I just watched Alien, Aliens, and Alien3 for the first time.

I watched Alien and Aliens right in a row until 2:30 in the morning a few days ago and I really liked them both (Aliens more so). And then I watched Alien3 tonight. Even going into that movie knowing that it's bad doesn't prepare you for how terrible it is.

I just watched Alien, Aliens, and Alien3 for the first time.

I watched Alien and Aliens right in a row until 2:30 in the morning a few days ago and I really liked them both (Aliens more so). And then I watched Alien3 tonight. Even going into that movie knowing that it's bad doesn't prepare you for how terrible it is.

Alien 3 looks like Alien compared to Alien: Resurrection.

apparently they're making two prequel movies. It sounds like a terrible idea, but Damon Lindelof is attached to the project.

The first drafts of the screenplays were written by newcomer screenwriter Jon Spaihts, and Damon Lindelof is rewriting at least the script of the first prequel.[20] Ridley Scott stated that the story will take place in 2085, approximately three decades prior to the events of the first Alien film,[21] before the birth of Ellen Ripley.[22] The story, which originally went through several drafts, features a female lead character and will present a "technologically feasible" view on the early stages of "near faster-than light" travel. It will also focus on terraforming and the Weyland Industries before its merger with the Yutani Corporation.[23] The films will explore the nature and origin of the unknown extraterrestrial race, who only had a brief appearance in the first Alien as the derelict spaceship's pilot. Scott stated that the films would be about "gods and […] engineers of space" and hinted at the possibility that the Xenomorph Alien was designed either as a biological weapon or as a means to "clean up" planets.[24] Scott also announced that the original Zeta II Reticuli planetary system will be part of the prequel story.

Honestly, I think it's about time they did a Superman Returns type revamp to the series (but you, know better than Superman Returns). Alien 3 was made almost 20 years ago, and it was terrible. But the franchise deserves a better ending than the one it got. Pretend Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection never happened and give the story a new ending. One that doesn't involve the offscreen death of Newt and Hicks during the opening credits.

Latest posts

Back