Am I the only person who actually likes Ultimate Iron Man?

TheCell

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
46
Am i the only person who actually likes ultimate iron man? Everyone seems to hate it. Is it too "out there" or do you actually think the story line is bad?

I'm just lost as to why everyone hates it, besides the brain thing.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
TheCell said:
Am i the only person who actually likes ultimate iron man? Everyone seems to hate it. Is it too "out there" or do you actually think the story line is bad?

I'm just lost as to why everyone hates it, besides the brain thing.

Its just stupid, doesn't make any sense, messes up continuity even more, and is written by a bigoted, close-minded a--hole. Thats my reasoning anyway.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
I'm actually on record as saying the first two issues were pretty good. But the human brain part is so ridiculous that it ruins anything decent the book had going. I liked the backstory with the body armor...just not that Tony has to use it.

Gah - I'm going to stop before I start to get all pissed off again. God I hate this book.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
UltimateE said:
I'm actually on record as saying the first two issues were pretty good. But the human brain part is so ridiculous that it ruins anything decent the book had going. I liked the backstory with the body armor...just not that Tony has to use it.

Gah - I'm going to stop before I start to get all pissed off again. God I hate this book.

Literally, his children get scared whenever he starts posting about UIM because he starts breathing heavy and the veins in his neck and forehead start poking out. E is very...uh...unforgiving when it comes to crap.
 

Pandrio

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
1,748
Location
Tampa FL, Penguin Country
Yeah, I'm afraid of reading it in case I think it's not that bad. From the story premise, I don't know how that would be possible, but I liked Sins Past and fast aging children of a dead girlfriend coming back to take revenge on their "father" who isn't also sounds stupid at a glance. However in no way am I comparing the two. Darn, my fingers are getting tired :D . Waiting for the trade sucks.
POST 100!!
 
Last edited:

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Pandrio said:
Yeah, I'm afraid of reading it in case I think it's not that bad. From the story premise, I don't know how that would be possible, but I liked Sins Past and fast aging children of a dead girlfriend coming back to take revenge on their "father" who isn't also sounds stupid at a glance. However in no way am I comparing the two. Darn, my fingers are getting tired :D . Waiting for the trade sucks.

At the rate the issues are coming out (I think it'll take 8 or 9 months for this 5 issue mini to finish) you're going to be waiting awhile. Thats another reason it sucks.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Pandrio said:
Yeah, I'm afraid of reading it in case I think it's not that bad. From the story premise, I don't know how that would be possible, but I liked Sins Past and fast aging children of a dead girlfriend coming back to take revenge on their "father" who isn't also sounds stupid at a glance. However in no way am I comparing the two. Darn, my fingers are getting tired :D . Waiting for the trade sucks.

I loved Sins Past. You can trust my judgement. :D
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
DIrishB said:
Literally, his children get scared whenever he starts posting about UIM because he starts breathing heavy and the veins in his neck and forehead start poking out. E is very...uh...unforgiving when it comes to crap.
"E SMASH! E **** UP CARD LIKE CARD ****ED UP IRON MAN!"
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
icemastertron said:
Why is it that today Mooney's suddenly spitting out POTD posts? :lol:
Because the Moon rules!

Behold the Digital Dong!

SO SAYS THE MOON!



...



...



MOOOONN!!!





*****.
 

Pandrio

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
1,748
Location
Tampa FL, Penguin Country
DIrishB said:
At the rate the issues are coming out (I think it'll take 8 or 9 months for this 5 issue mini to finish) you're going to be waiting awhile. Thats another reason it sucks.
And then another year for the second one. OK I can say that OSC at least sucks at getting issues out, but in the UU, who doesn't?

(Besides Bendis and BKV)
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Pandrio said:
And then another year for the second one. OK I can say that OSC at least sucks at getting issues out, but in the UU, who doesn't?

(Besides Bendis and BKV)
Um, why are you blaming the writer? Here, the delays has nothing to do with OSC.

Unless you have info to prove otherwise, that is.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Pandrio said:
And then another year for the second one. OK I can say that OSC at least sucks at getting issues out, but in the UU, who doesn't?

(Besides Bendis and BKV)

True on all counts. Ellis (least with UFF) and Millar (also only with UFF) are on time, but any type of limited or mini series equates to delays in the Ultimate universe.
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
icemastertron said:
Um, why are you blaming the writer? Here, the delays has nothing to do with OSC.

Unless you have info to prove otherwise, that is.
E's going to beat you now for taking OSC's side.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
Um, why are you blaming the writer? Here, the delays has nothing to do with OSC.

Unless you have info to prove otherwise, that is.

Do you have proof saying its not Card's fault? I thought it had to do with him changing the script (due to a relatively last minute decision to expand the story into two separate 5 issue minis). Don't forget, originally we were only supposed to get ONE Iron Man mini, not two.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
DIrishB said:
Do you have proof saying its not Card's fault? I thought it had to do with him changing the script (due to a relatively last minute decision to expand the story into two separate 5 issue minis). Don't forget, originally we were only supposed to get ONE Iron Man mini, not two.
You can't answera question with a question, duh.

And don't forget that also Andy took a "time out" with all the dealing he was doing with DC, and being at the earlier con all weekend, taking even more time out of the work.

Issues getting delayed because of the writer is something rare. It doenst take three years to write an issue.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
icemastertron said:
You can't answera question with a question, duh.

And don't forget that also Andy took a "time out" with all the dealing he was doing with DC, and being at the earlier con all weekend, taking even more time out of the work.

Issues getting delayed because of the writer is something rare. It doenst take three years to write an issue.

I wouldn't put it past Card's amateur ***. And it was confirmed that at least a good portion of this delay was due to Card asking Marvel if he could expand into ANOTHER 5 issue mini, after the first issue or two had already been released. This meant he had to go back, rewrite a good portion of at least #4 and #5, meaning the artist had to go back and redraw most of those issues. Thats piss poor planning (and not on the artist's part). But then again so is a body sized brain caused by a monkey bite.
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
13,670
icemastertron said:
Issues getting delayed because of the writer is something rare. It doenst take three years to write an issue.
Of course it does. Just ask Kevin Smith.
 

Latest posts

Top