Am I the only person who actually likes Ultimate Iron Man?

moonmaster said:
Of course it does. Just ask Kevin Smith.
And who else? Like maybe say 2-3 writers top. Like I said. Rare. Not HOW LONG something is delayed because of a writer, but how many delays is caused BECAUSE of a writer.

icemastertron said:
And who else? Like maybe say 2-3 writers top. Like I said. Rare. Not HOW LONG something is delayed because of a writer, but how many delays is caused BECAUSE of a writer.
...um....yo mama.

DIrishB said:
In this case Orson Scott Card...so I'm right!!! :p AHAHAHAHA, Card sucks. End of story!!
Never said he was great. He's kinda meh to me. Only thing I like is the brain concept. Everything else I think is ok.

But adding to the list would also be Bendis for issues on Secret War and New Avengers for example.

icemastertron said:
Never said he was great. He's kinda meh to me. Only thing I like is the brain concept. Everything else I think is ok.

But adding to the list would also be Bendis for issues on Secret War and New Avengers for example.

Which is true, but this thread is about Ultimate Iron Man, so STAY ON TOPIC!!! (I've been waiting to zing one of the mods like that for the longest time) ;)

icemastertron said:
Um, why are you blaming the writer? Here, the delays has nothing to do with OSC.Unless you have info to prove otherwise, that is.
Not so much trying to blame the author, sorry know it came off that way. Should've said UIM sucks at least at getting an issue out on time. But, OSC sucks, BIG TIME :lol: .

DIrishB said:
Which is true, but this thread is about Ultimate Iron Man, so STAY ON TOPIC!!! (I've been waiting to zing one of the mods like that for the longest time) ;)
Actually, im making a point, so I am. So hush up. :wink:

Pandrio said:
Not so much trying to blame the author, sorry know it came off that way. Should've said UIM sucks at least at getting an issue out on time. But, OSC sucks, BIG TIME :lol: .

Its ok, in this case blame the writer, cuz its his fault its shipping late, not the artist. Part of the reason is because the author had to go back and redraw the majority of #4 and #5, but that was Card's fault for not planning accordingly. He seems like the kind of guy who leaves on vacation and realizes once he's almost there that he left his wallet at home.

[GENE SHALLIT STYLE REVIEW PUN]I think we should all just disCARD Ultimate Iron Man.[/GENE SHALLIT STYLE REVIEW PUN]

I havent gotten any Ultimate Iron man issues can someone explain this "human brain" thing? Cause it seems very stupid.

TheCell said:
Am i the only person who actually likes ultimate iron man? Everyone seems to hate it. Is it too "out there" or do you actually think the story line is bad?

I'm just lost as to why everyone hates it, besides the brain thing.

No I don't hate it either. It's not the best but I do enjoy it. ANd I for one, am more likely to believe a non Ultimate Team-Up title than an Ultimate Team-Up one.

Random said:
I havent gotten any Ultimate Iron man issues can someone explain this "human brain" thing? Cause it seems very stupid.

His mother was working on a super-soldiger project when she was pregnant with Tony. She accidentally swallowed some blood from one of the monkeys that the syrum was being used on. The syrum affected her differently than Tony since all of his cells were still embyotic, and hers were normal. The syrum killed her just before tony was born, and tony's cells now all act as brain cells as well as their normal function.

Is Ultimate Iron Man Ruined?

Has Ultimate Iron Man been ruined as a character by the whole human brain thing?

Hawkeye101 said:
No I don't hate it either. It's not the best but I do enjoy it. ANd I for one, am more likely to believe a non Ultimate Team-Up title than an Ultimate Team-Up one.

Why? What made Ultimate Marvel Team-Up any less valid? In my opinion, considering that events from UMTU #1, #2-3, #6-8, #10, #11, #12-13, #14, and #15-16 have been referenced later on in everything from Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, and The Ultimates, I would say those issues are MUCH more valid than Card's 3 issues of UIM. And thats not even getting into the whole brain thing, just using the other titles as backing evidence. Or should we ignore them all as well?

His mother was working on a super-soldiger project when she was pregnant with Tony. She accidentally swallowed some blood from one of the monkeys that the syrum was being used on. The syrum affected her differently than Tony since all of his cells were still embyotic, and hers were normal. The syrum killed her just before tony was born, and tony's cells now all act as brain cells as well as their normal function.

*shakes head in exasperation*

Dude, she didn't "swallow" any monkey blood, what is she Ultimate Morbius now? She was bitten by one of the monkeys who was freaking out due to the experiments they were running on it. I hate the frigging series and even I remember that.

The Overlord said:
Has Ultimate Iron Man been ruined as a character by the whole human brain thing?

No, but Card as an author surely has.

icemastertron said:
You guys need your eyes checked.

Please tell me you're referring to the "swallowing monkey blood" comment with that one.

*shakes head in exasperation*

Dude, she didn't "swallow" any monkey blood, what is she Ultimate Morbius now? She was bitten by one of the monkeys who was freaking out due to the experiments they were running on it. I hate the frigging series and even I remember that.[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn that the monkey busted his hand into her helmet and the glass cut the monkey's hand off spilling blood into her mouth. Yeah, because later thay show the monkey with a partially grown back hand, cuz of the syrums effects.

Latest posts

Back