Am I the only person who actually likes Ultimate Iron Man?

TheCell

Am i the only person who actually likes ultimate iron man? Everyone seems to hate it. Is it too "out there" or do you actually think the story line is bad?

I'm just lost as to why everyone hates it, besides the brain thing.

TheCell said:
Am i the only person who actually likes ultimate iron man? Everyone seems to hate it. Is it too "out there" or do you actually think the story line is bad?

I'm just lost as to why everyone hates it, besides the brain thing.

Its just stupid, doesn't make any sense, messes up continuity even more, and is written by a bigoted, close-minded a--hole. Thats my reasoning anyway.

I'm actually on record as saying the first two issues were pretty good. But the human brain part is so ridiculous that it ruins anything decent the book had going. I liked the backstory with the body armor...just not that Tony has to use it.

Gah - I'm going to stop before I start to get all pissed off again. God I hate this book.

UltimateE said:
I'm actually on record as saying the first two issues were pretty good. But the human brain part is so ridiculous that it ruins anything decent the book had going. I liked the backstory with the body armor...just not that Tony has to use it.

Gah - I'm going to stop before I start to get all pissed off again. God I hate this book.

Literally, his children get scared whenever he starts posting about UIM because he starts breathing heavy and the veins in his neck and forehead start poking out. E is very...uh...unforgiving when it comes to crap.

Yeah, I'm afraid of reading it in case I think it's not that bad. From the story premise, I don't know how that would be possible, but I liked Sins Past and fast aging children of a dead girlfriend coming back to take revenge on their "father" who isn't also sounds stupid at a glance. However in no way am I comparing the two. Darn, my fingers are getting tired :D . Waiting for the trade sucks.
POST 100!!

Last edited:
Pandrio said:
Yeah, I'm afraid of reading it in case I think it's not that bad. From the story premise, I don't know how that would be possible, but I liked Sins Past and fast aging children of a dead girlfriend coming back to take revenge on their "father" who isn't also sounds stupid at a glance. However in no way am I comparing the two. Darn, my fingers are getting tired :D . Waiting for the trade sucks.

At the rate the issues are coming out (I think it'll take 8 or 9 months for this 5 issue mini to finish) you're going to be waiting awhile. Thats another reason it sucks.

Pandrio said:

I loved Sins Past. You can trust my judgement. :D

DIrishB said:
Literally, his children get scared whenever he starts posting about UIM because he starts breathing heavy and the veins in his neck and forehead start poking out. E is very...uh...unforgiving when it comes to crap.
"E SMASH! E **** UP CARD LIKE CARD ****ED UP IRON MAN!"

icemastertron said:
Why is it that today Mooney's suddenly spitting out POTD posts? :lol:
Because the Moon rules!

Behold the Digital Dong!

SO SAYS THE MOON!

MOOOONN!!!

DIrishB said:
At the rate the issues are coming out (I think it'll take 8 or 9 months for this 5 issue mini to finish) you're going to be waiting awhile. Thats another reason it sucks.
And then another year for the second one. OK I can say that OSC at least sucks at getting issues out, but in the UU, who doesn't?

(Besides Bendis and BKV)

Pandrio said:
And then another year for the second one. OK I can say that OSC at least sucks at getting issues out, but in the UU, who doesn't?

(Besides Bendis and BKV)
Um, why are you blaming the writer? Here, the delays has nothing to do with OSC.

Unless you have info to prove otherwise, that is.

Pandrio said:

(Besides Bendis and BKV)

True on all counts. Ellis (least with UFF) and Millar (also only with UFF) are on time, but any type of limited or mini series equates to delays in the Ultimate universe.

icemastertron said:
Um, why are you blaming the writer? Here, the delays has nothing to do with OSC.

E's going to beat you now for taking OSC's side.

icemastertron said:

Do you have proof saying its not Card's fault? I thought it had to do with him changing the script (due to a relatively last minute decision to expand the story into two separate 5 issue minis). Don't forget, originally we were only supposed to get ONE Iron Man mini, not two.

DIrishB said:
Do you have proof saying its not Card's fault? I thought it had to do with him changing the script (due to a relatively last minute decision to expand the story into two separate 5 issue minis). Don't forget, originally we were only supposed to get ONE Iron Man mini, not two.
You can't answera question with a question, duh.

And don't forget that also Andy took a "time out" with all the dealing he was doing with DC, and being at the earlier con all weekend, taking even more time out of the work.

Issues getting delayed because of the writer is something rare. It doenst take three years to write an issue.

icemastertron said:
You can't answera question with a question, duh.

And don't forget that also Andy took a "time out" with all the dealing he was doing with DC, and being at the earlier con all weekend, taking even more time out of the work.

Issues getting delayed because of the writer is something rare. It doenst take three years to write an issue.

I wouldn't put it past Card's amateur ***. And it was confirmed that at least a good portion of this delay was due to Card asking Marvel if he could expand into ANOTHER 5 issue mini, after the first issue or two had already been released. This meant he had to go back, rewrite a good portion of at least #4 and #5, meaning the artist had to go back and redraw most of those issues. Thats piss poor planning (and not on the artist's part). But then again so is a body sized brain caused by a monkey bite.

icemastertron said:
Of course it does. Just ask Kevin Smith.

Latest posts

Back