Am I the only person who actually likes Ultimate Iron Man?

moonmaster said:
I'm really getting sick of people saying "Why is the brain body so ridiculous? There are more ridiculous things than that!" It's not that the idea is too far out there. Mutants (as we know them in comics) are more ridiculous than the Brain Body. The problem is that Tony has always been a very smart person. Suddenly saying that he has a special ability that makes his smart is diminishing the character. It's like giving Batman superpowers. Its stupid.

:? I should just start posting that on every page until people stop asking...

Well said.

And like I've said many times, arguing that something isn't ridiculous because "There are more ridiculous things than that" is a poor, poor argument.

*shurgs* I don't mind Ultimate Iron Man, but it could be much, much better. I want to see where it all goes, so I'm willing to give Card the benefit of the doubt for now. The only thing that honestly stumps me is Tony's brain tumor. It doesn't make sense if your brain is spread throughout your body. The body armor thing is also a poor concept. . .

Lynx said:
*shurgs* I don't mind Ultimate Iron Man, but it could be much, much better. I want to see where it all goes, so I'm willing to give Card the benefit of the doubt for now. The only thing that honestly stumps me is Tony's brain tumor. It doesn't make sense if your brain is spread throughout your body. The body armor thing is also a poor concept. . .

Exactly what we've been saying.

Ok, so an average human uses 10% of their brain. So, even if Tony uses 15% of that giant brain he's got, he's still not going to be smarter than Reed. I'm better Reed is using like 50-75% of his brain, and that's why he's so smart. Tony is only using maybe 10-15% of his giant brain, which is why he's smart, but not smarter than Reed. So, how's that for an argument? Oh yeah, and UIM isn't as bad as you all think :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

Shi_Vral said:
Ok, so an average human uses 10% of their brain. So, even if Tony uses 15% of that giant brain he's got, he's still not going to be smarter than Reed. I'm better Reed is using like 50-75% of his brain, and that's why he's so smart. Tony is only using maybe 10-15% of his giant brain, which is why he's smart, but not smarter than Reed. So, how's that for an argument? Oh yeah, and UIM isn't as bad as you all think :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:

Look at what you're doing!

Reed is using the same amount of brain as any other human would. If he's not than before the accident he was superhuman because he was doing something abnormal because human's don't use more than 10% of their brains. You're just adding more garbage onto the mess.

Here's a better idea Tony isn't a giant brain and is just a master strategist/businessman and Reed is just you're average genius? Is that "Ultimate" enough for anyone else? Because I'd be quite satisfied with that.

Ultimate Iron Man's crazy brain/body concept is a better idea than sticking your fingers in an electrical outlet. I'll get you that.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Look at what you're doing!

Reed is using the same amount of brain as any other human would. If he's not than before the accident he was superhuman because he was doing something abnormal because human's don't use more than 10% of their brains. You're just adding more garbage onto the mess.

Here's a better idea Tony isn't a giant brain and is just a master strategist/businessman and Reed is just you're average genius? Is that "Ultimate" enough for anyone else? Because I'd be quite satisfied with that.

Ultimate Iron Man's crazy brain/body concept is a better idea than sticking your fingers in an electrical outlet. I'll get you that.

Actually this argument can stop, it's been proven that humans use more than 10% of their brain.

Hawkeye101 said:
Actually this argument can stop, it's been proven that humans use more than 10% of their brain.

Yep. There is no truth to that at all.

Hawkeye101 said:
We can only use 10% of our brain at a time. That's the part most people don't know. Basically, you'll probably never be faced with any one situation that requires you to use more than 10% at a time. Just thought I'd correct that. :D

TheManWithoutFear said:
Quote of the day ! !! !

Moony already got that title. Maybe I'll get quote of the hour? :?

moonmaster said:
We can only use 10% of our brain at a time. That's the part most people don't know. Basically, you'll probably never be faced with any one situation that requires you to use more than 10% at a time. Just thought I'd correct that.

Have you ever gotten into an argument with your girlfriend? I'm pretty sure this is a perfect situation of having to use WAY MORE than 10% of your brain at a time. Especially if she catches you checking out some other chick's rack. The excuses you have to come up with alone must occupy somewhere around the 40-60% range.

moonmaster said:
We can only use 10% of our brain at a time. That's the part most people don't know. Basically, you'll probably never be faced with any one situation that requires you to use more than 10% at a time. Just thought I'd correct that. :D
Actually, the whole '10%' thing is baseless -- an urban myth -- although the sentiment of what you say is true. You're not going to be using 100% of your brain for any given task, although some take more than others.

It's similar with using your muscles. You only use a small % of your muscle mass when bench pressing, but using any more isn't going to help -- actually it would be counterproductive.

If anyone cares to read more: http://www.csicop.org/si/9903/ten-percent-myth.html

TheManWithoutFear said:
All right who cares how much of your brain you use. Point is Ultimate Iron Man is terrible!
This man speaks the truth.

I just thought of something. You know how women go on and on about how men only think with their d****? Well, if this brain thing is true, Tony really does think with it! Shows how dumb the concept is, doesn't it? :roll:

Lynx said:
I just thought of something. You know how women go on and on about how men only think with their d****? Well, if this brain thing is true, Tony really does think with it! Shows how dumb the concept is, doesn't it? :roll:

Heh. :lol:

Lynx said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back