Am I the only person who actually likes Ultimate Iron Man?

Re: Ultimate Iron Man?

UltimateE said:
Very true, but we already know what Tony Stark is and what he represents based on what he has been in the 616 books for over 40 years or so. So just because he isn't a real live person doesn't mean he isn't "real", if that makes sense.

I agree. Tony Stark's ending is already written in stone through Millar's characterization of him in The Ultimates.

It seems what UltDDMikeMN is saying is that Card will redeem himself through the ending but it's not Card's ending it's Millar's character. Card already destroyed himself with nonsense he put into it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I agree. Tony Stark's ending is already written in stone through Millar's characterization of him in The Ultimates.

It seems what UltDDMikeMN is saying is that Card will redeem himself through the ending but it's not Card's ending it's Millar's character. Card already destroyed himself with nonsense he put into it.

They would need a twist even greater than the one at the beginning of "Origin" to save this series.

It ain't happening.

UltimateE said:
They would need a twist even greater than the one at the beginning of "Origin" to save this series.

It ain't happening.

There's still hope of Tony waking up in UIM #6, with UIM 2 being the real origin of Tony Stark and Iron Man.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? 8)

Lynx said:
There's still hope of Tony waking up in UIM #6, with UIM 2 being the real origin of Tony Stark and Iron Man.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? 8)

That would actually piss me off more. But, I degress, something HAS to be done about that healing factor. If he has a healing factor, what in the hell does he need an assault suit for? I'm perfecvtly okay with the human brain thing, so long as the alcohol he consumes is enough to nullify it.

Hawkeye101 said:
That would actually piss me off more.

Any other story, and it would me too.

But right now, I'll take anything I can get to get this crap out of continuity.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Not necessarily. He could easily die before his brain tumor hits, or have his brain tumor cured (with god knows what). It's not set in stone, but so long as that tumor does exist it DOES provide a definitive approach on how to tackle the character's path.

Thiraknut said:
You ever hear of the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution?
Geez. Some may not agree with his views on homosexuality, but he DOES have the right to say it's wrong.:roll:

But still, this book sucks.

You're right, I worded it wrongly. I meant to say its wrong of him to tell people how to live their life. Now go study the Constitution some more you law nerd. ;)

UltimateE said:
Any other story, and it would me too.

But right now, I'll take anything I can get to get this crap out of continuity.

A cop out for this story would piss me off. I mean if you have to cop-out a story, you shouldn't be writing in the first place. I'm up for Mandarin stripping Tony of his healing factor, and dumbing him up to Reed's level, since they seem to be the same intelligence in the UU, according to Warren Ellis's Ultimate Secret.

Hawkeye101 said:
I mean if you have to cop-out a story, you shouldn't be writing in the first place.

DING DING DING DING!

Don't you see? A brain body and healing factor ARE cop-outs.

TheManWithoutFear said:
*Runs up and hits the bell again DING DING DING and quickly runs away*

or yeah, I agree.

Yes, well I said that you shouldn't be writing of you HAVE to have a cop-out story to explain the horrible mess you've made of Iron Man and that INCREADIBLY STUPID HEALING FACTOR! Ultimate Mandarin! SAVE US!

UltimateE said:
DING DING DING DING!

Don't you see? A brain body and healing factor ARE cop-outs.

I'm not sure he's seeing that connection. This is Hawkeye101 we're talking about.

Hawkeye101 said:
Yes, well I said that you shouldn't be writing of you HAVE to have a cop-out story to explain the horrible mess you've made of Iron Man and that INCREADIBLY STUPID HEALING FACTOR! Ultimate Mandarin! SAVE US!

See?

;)

DIrishB said:
I'm not sure he's seeing that connection. This is Hawkeye101 we're talking about.

See?

;)

ULTIMATE MANDARIN! He'll save us!

"What does it matter when you grow back any parts you lose?"

"That's not the armor. That's just my weird genes. When do I get toes again?"

"Why? You miss playing 'This Little Piggy'?"

:arrgh:

OK, I can't resist any longer.

All this banter back and forth on this comic is killing me from laughing my derrier off.

I come here to read your posts on this thread to get my stress relief for the day.

But E has the best with his tag line definition of STUPID.

And the icon. Oh yes, the icon. LMAO!!!

Any how, I say give the title a chance. It's a well drawn and inked book. The story isn't all that bad. Yeah, it has continuity issues. Yeah, the whole his brain is his body thing is kinda silly. There comes a certain amount of suspension of disbelief when it comes to comics and this title does push it to the extreme. But we'll see where Card goes with it. Give him a chance. He's has writen some notable stuff over the years. I personally don't dig his fiction, but I have eclectic tastes.

For example, I personally would have rather seen Chris Bunch do this comic if I had to pick a great Science Fiction author that hasn't written a comic book yet. His classic Sten series (with Alan Cole) is straight up kick *** military adventure sci-fi to the extreme. He woulda done old Tony justice.

Keep on making me laugh guys! My stress level at work is counting on you!

ourchair said:
Not necessarily. He could easily die before his brain tumor hits, or have his brain tumor cured (with god knows what). It's not set in stone, but so long as that tumor does exist it DOES provide a definitive approach on how to tackle the character's path.

Which Loeb will be talking about due to his son's recent death.

Latest posts

Back