Am I the only person who actually likes Ultimate Iron Man?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm a little confused on what he's saying. Could someone explain it to me? I wish I could sign up for that board but my post would be deleted and I would be instantly booted.
I think that it's basically saying that the fans aren't also happy with UIM, and Orson was just trying to defend himself.

icemastertron said:
I read this months ago, only once. I didnt try to memorize it. And like I said, E asked for it.
Just wondering why you posted it if you didn't know what it was about. I guess that makes sense. No problem :D.

I was hoping this was more people throwing rotten tomatoes at him and him comically trying to defend this crapfest of a book. Oh well.

You can tell by his post that he's in denial how bad this is.

MwoF - I wish you could confront him too, but what you said would happen absolutely would.

Re: Ultimate Iron Man?

DIrishB said:
...if he wants to not agree with homosexuality, thats his right, but its not his right to say its wrong...

You ever hear of the 1st Amendment of the United States Constitution?
Geez. Some may not agree with his views on homosexuality, but he DOES have the right to say it's wrong.:roll:

But still, this book sucks.

Last edited:

Thiraknut said:
Geez. Some may not agree with his views on homosexuality, but he DOES have the right to say it's wrong.:roll:

Agreed on all counts.

Thiraknut said:

You post a total of 8 times on this site and one of them is to defend Card :sure:

Thiraknut said:
Ok, you redeemed yourself.

Thiraknut said:
Yes, unfortunately, he does.

Thiraknut said:
Yes.

Card can be all like: "Homo's are ***s and the like."

And we can all be like: "Then take it up the *** you pompus mother ****er!"

See the first amendment thing works both ways.

Hawkeye101 said:

This is easily my nomination for Post of the Day.

I love the series so far.. I just wish it didnt take forever for it to come..

I think it helps I read "Ender's Game" before I read this comic book series. It was much easier to adjust to OSC's style of characterization when I had more than 24 pages at a time. I like it, especially because the bad guys are sinister instead of evil. Evil is such an absolute.

Sinister is a little more grey. For example, Tony's exclaimation in the last panel is a little sinister. So, yeah, I've liked it though I can see why it isn't tuned to everyone's ear.

UltDDmikeMN said:
I think it helps I read "Ender's Game" before I read this comic book series. It was much easier to adjust to OSC's style of characterization when I had more than 24 pages at a time.

It's not the style of characterization I hate, it's that he applied it to a character whose characterization had already been established.

Hawkeye101 said:

Absolutely my point!
:D

UltDDmikeMN said:
I think it helps I read "Ender's Game" before I read this comic book series. It was much easier to adjust to OSC's style of characterization when I had more than 24 pages at a time.

I almost picked up Ender's Game at the store a few months ago, I'm afraid the mess he's made of UIM has kind of ruined that for me. I think I'll go read Watchmen instead...

UltimateE said:
It's not the style of characterization I hate, it's that he applied it to a character whose characterization had already been established.

I can see why that would bother you. I tend to think of comic book characters as mythical figures instead of representations of real people. Since this person never actually existed, there is no one "truth" about the way their life actually played out.

They are the opposite of Babe Ruth, FDR, Jim Morrison, etc. Comic book characters exist truly at the whim of the author. What's important is the message the author is trying to impart and the character is merely a vessel by which to impart that message.

Now I think Card's message has been muddled a bit in the first four issues. But, like I said, I'm willing to let it come because of what I know about "Ender's Game" and in particular its structure.

Thiraknut said:
I almost picked up Ender's Game at the store a few months ago, I'm afraid the mess he's made of UIM has kind of ruined that for me. I think I'll go read Watchmen instead...

Just be ready to read "Speaker for the Dead" immediately after you read "Ender's Game." The ending of "EG" is fantastic.

UltDDmikeMN said:
I can see why that would bother you. I tend to think of comic book characters as mythical figures instead of representations of real people. Since this person never actually existed, there is no one "truth" about the way their life actually played out.

Very true, but we already know what Tony Stark is and what he represents based on what he has been in the 616 books for over 40 years or so. So just because he isn't a real live person doesn't mean he isn't "real", if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back