Annihilation Event

Re: Annihilation Event.

Ultxon said:
Humph.

Well, I'm enjoying it. So there.

That's all that matters.

But then again, you like Conan, so your opinion doesn't count.

Annihilation sucks. Seven Soldiers is mostly awesome.

Ultimate Warrior said:

Bsparo_24X12.jpg

SPOILERS

after reading super skrull 4 of 4:
so super skrull is dead, well k`lrt. it was a cool way to go and if any of the annihilation comics were most definitely worth a read then the super skrull mini was top of the list

Ice said:
You know, this can be closed and everthing else can have a proper thread.

Actually I think it's OK like this - this thread can take care of all the minis.

Not that many people seem to be reading them.

E said:
Actually I think it's OK like this - this thread can take care of all the minis.

Not that many people seem to be reading them.
Well being this was a news thread...

But ok.

Ice said:
Well being this was a news thread...

But ok.

It kind of morphed when we weren't looking. I don't think it warrants 2 separate threads.

E said:
It kind of morphed when we weren't looking. I don't think it warrants 2 separate threads.

And it's not really cool enough to get 2, anyway.

ProjectX2 said:
And it's not really cool enough to get 2, anyway.

Right. In fact, I can only think of a couple of people here who were reading the whole thing.

I'm reading the whole thing and it's good. And as far as Marvel vs DC let's look at the numbers
On the strength of Civil War and their other Top 10 titles, Marvel once again claimed in the lead in both the June Market Share categories over DC, though in a tighter race than in recent months, and an historical month for combined Marvel and DC Market Share.

Looking at the Top Ten Comic Books, Marvel recorded seven of June's Top 10 books, including two issues of New Avengers and the strong #6 debut of Civil War: Frontline #1 (though Frontline #2 slipped to #18). DC's Top 10 entries included three strong debuts of their own - Brave New World #1 (#2), Wonder Woman #1 (#4), and The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive #1 (#7).

MVL still on top, I can only think of one month this year when they haven't been. Could be wrong but it doesn't matter, I've made a lot more money on MVL than the poor saps who invested in AOL/Time Warner. Annihilation is an excellent read.
Silver Surfer is once again the Herald of Galactus and much more powerful because of it.

bwilton said:
Silver Surfer is once again the Herald of Galactus and much more powerful because of it.

See, now THAT is interesting.

And on top of that, Super Skrull is dead?

Maybe I will check this out.

Can someone post the reading order? I assume the books all interweave and there is an advantage to reading them that way.

E said:
See, now THAT is interesting.

And on top of that, Super Skrull is dead?

Maybe I will check this out.

Can someone post the reading order? I assume the books all interweave and there is an advantage to reading them that way.

Yeah i was going to pick this up in trade....... but i'm thinking of picking up the singles
It definatly a twist to see 1 of the main characters die in a mini series, cause i would have thought all the main 1's would head into the Annihilation event and then maybe 1 would die

Each 4-issue mini is a stand alone event and they will all tie together in the Annihilation mini. Nova is turning out to be pretty good, but I can't help but think of Heavy Metal the movie reading Ronan. Man it's just a good cosmic comic book event. I loved all those characters as a kid, it's good to see them getting dusted off, Especially Surfer, that last mini was very dissapointing. To stupid to even read.

So is there a reading order for the individual issues?

Seven Soldiers of Victory is a collection of standalone minis, but if you read the issues in the order they were released you really get the full effect of the big story. I have to imagine this is the same way.

Super Skrull is good, followed closely by Silver Surfer. All of them build up slowly to the last issue. They are stand alone series. What they entail and pertain too will not become evident until the Annihilation Series

I'm going to just download it all when its finished... I have no desire to spend my money on this...

Dr.Strangefate said:
I'm going to just download it all when its finished... I have no desire to spend my money on this...

big spender. I've been readin the details on wikipedia and I might pick this up.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77400

Annihilus has release two individuals Galactus was at war with when the universe was young and they are pissed.

no more debate for me, this is going to be awesome, the minis have been good each in their own respect. But now it's time for a war, not a piss ant civil war, but one with the rampant destruction and grotesque displays of power.

If that don't make a fan boy geek out on the possibilities it will produce I don't know what will.

Latest posts

Back