Anyone Computer Savvy?

I see.

Why do you use AAC though? Not that I've listened to very much of it, but I think I prefer MP3 in terms of quality to size ratio.

If quality and size are the deciding factors you should go with AAC. A 128 mbps AAC file is notably smaller than a 128 mbps MP3, and if I'm remembering correctly the quality of a 128 mbps AAC is approximately the same as a 192 kbps MP3.

The advantage with using MP3 is that you can use it in pretty much any player, although iPods aren't the only players that support AAC.

I have a weird glitch on youtube. If i extend a video to full screen after a few seconds full screen goes off and it's back on normal page.

is this happening to everyone? or does anyone know how to fix it?

Ok guys I need serious help , I installed awhile back nero 7 but it did not install right and now I can't remove it from pc , I waited till 8 came out in hopes it would delete the older one

However it says "before you install please delete nero 7" I click ok and it says "this only applies to programs that are on the pc" and I can't install it.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I have a weird glitch on youtube. If i extend a video to full screen after a few seconds full screen goes off and it's back on normal page.

is this happening to everyone? or does anyone know how to fix it?
Try re-installing Flash and Java. If that doesn't work it might be your graphic-card drivers that needs to be re-installed/upgraded.
Ok guys I need serious help , I installed awhile back nero 7 but it did not install right and now I can't remove it from pc , I waited till 8 came out in hopes it would delete the older one

However it says "before you install please delete nero 7" I click ok and it says "this only applies to programs that are on the pc" and I can't install it.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Try the Nero 7 CleanTool from this page.

Thank you the nero thing worked perfectly

If quality and size are the deciding factors you should go with AAC. A 128 mbps AAC file is notably smaller than a 128 mbps MP3, and if I'm remembering correctly the quality of a 128 mbps AAC is approximately the same as a 192 kbps MP3.

The advantage with using MP3 is that you can use it in pretty much any player, although iPods aren't the only players that support AAC.
I'm wondering if you keep your music library exclusively in 128 AAC format.

If it's roughly 192kbps in quality, it makes me wonder why you'd settle for that bit rate, considering that almost every crazy *** person I know with huge hard drive space keeps their files in 320kbps MP3 (or the AAC equivalent of). I don't mean that to sound like I'm questioning your 'true dedication' to music, but I just found it surprising.

I might have bad ears, but I find it ludicrous to keep music in 320kbps format because it takes up a hell of a lot of space, and I don't find it substantially better than 192kbps files I've downloaded (or in some extreme cases, no better than a 128kbps MP3 file).

I'm wondering if you keep your music library exclusively in 128 AAC format.

If it's roughly 192kbps in quality, it makes me wonder why you'd settle for that bit rate, considering that almost every crazy *** person I know with huge hard drive space keeps their files in 320kbps MP3 (or the AAC equivalent of). I don't mean that to sound like I'm questioning your 'true dedication' to music, but I just found it surprising.

I might have bad ears, but I find it ludicrous to keep music in 320kbps format because it takes up a hell of a lot of space, and I don't find it substantially better than 192kbps files I've downloaded (or in some extreme cases, no better than a 128kbps MP3 file).

I totally agree, and yes - I convert EVERYTHING to 128 kbps AAC. I would bet that most people who claim to be able to tell a difference between 320 and 192 can't really.

I totally agree, and yes - I convert EVERYTHING to 128 kbps AAC. I would bet that most people who claim to be able to tell a difference between 320 and 192 can't really.
I think they are all delusional liars who are hearing deficiencies that don't REALLY exist except through the sheer power of self-brainwashing.

Okay, so I've decided I want to keep my entire Japanese music collection tagged in kanji/katakana, although I WILL keep the file names in Roman characters.

For some reason, I can view Japanese characters on my last.fm page and whenever I most sites displaying Japanese characters show up properly on my browser.

Yet on the other hand, these characters aren't showing up on my iTunes or Winamp or Explorer. All I'm getting are little squares where the Japanese should be on Winamp and iTunes, and little ???s in Windows Explorer.

Anyone know how to fix that?

Download an language-pack/support from Windows Live Update in the language that you want (you should have almost every language to choose from).
Thanks.

Does anyone know anything about keyboard problems?

I'm having a hard time typing this post right now, so forgive any spelling errors, but basically my eyboard isn't registering my keystrokes as responsively as it should. My i's started acting up, and then my 'k's and 'j's and now today it's my 'y's.

This isn't the first time this has happened, as the same problem plagued my Logitech keyboard last month. I just unplugged it and replaced it with this Microsoft Internet Keyboard and now it's all coming back again. I'm pretty sure it's not dust and dirt, and I pretty much fiddled with the Control Panel > Keyboard settings already.

Google searches haven't been very helpful on this matter. I hope it has nothing to do with my fierce typing, as I've never had any keyboard problems like this in the twenty years I've been a computer typing fiend.

Thanks.

Does anyone know anything about keyboard problems?

I'm having a hard time typing this post right now, so forgive any spelling errors, but basically my eyboard isn't registering my keystrokes as responsively as it should. My i's started acting up, and then my 'k's and 'j's and now today it's my 'y's.

This isn't the first time this has happened, as the same problem plagued my Logitech keyboard last month. I just unplugged it and replaced it with this Microsoft Internet Keyboard and now it's all coming back again. I'm pretty sure it's not dust and dirt, and I pretty much fiddled with the Control Panel > Keyboard settings already.

Google searches haven't been very helpful on this matter. I hope it has nothing to do with my fierce typing, as I've never had any keyboard problems like this in the twenty years I've been a computer typing fiend.

Do you have a spare key board? It might be the keys have worn out. Most likely your password or a site you type a lot of has I J K Y in it. I had a problem were my keyboard stopped working on letters I used in password because I typed them too much or too hard I'm not sure which.

That's why I ended up buying this one years a go.

Do you have a spare key board? It might be the keys have worn out. Most likely your password or a site you type a lot of has I J K Y in it. I had a problem were my keyboard stopped working on letters I used in password because I typed them too much or too hard I'm not sure which.

That's why I ended up buying this one years a go.
I have a spare, but as I mentioned, the left side keys such as Q, X & E act up. Also, I doubt it has very little to do with worn out keys as the keyboard I'm using now has only been used for a month before the I J K & Y started acting up.

As I already mentioned, changing the keyboards doesn't help it merely delays the inevitable deterioration of keystroke response.

I have a spare, but as I mentioned, the left side keys such as Q, X & E act up. Also, I doubt it has very little to do with worn out keys as the keyboard I'm using now has only been used for a month before the I J K & Y started acting up.

As I already mentioned, changing the keyboards doesn't help it merely delays the inevitable deterioration of keystroke response.

Oh , sorry

Mole is probably right. It might just be worn out.

Now I'm trying to figure out what weird fetish has the letters Q, E, and X in it.

Mole is probably right. It might just be worn out.

Now I'm trying to figure out what weird fetish has the letters Q, E, and X in it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I already pointed out that I switched it to a new keyboard.

The older keyboard was acting up on those letters, but now this NEW keyboard is acting up on the other side, with K, Y, and O being the new *****y keys.

Also, the old keyboard needed six weeks after being repaired before it started misbehaving again.

Latest posts

Back