Apocalypse

Is Ultimate Apocalypse real?

• Yes

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does the Apocolypse really mean the return of Sinister, only as a much more difficult threat to bring down? Could be...

Patriot said:
Guess so, he's a horseman right?
The return doesn't neccesarily mean that Sinister will be back, too. Apoc. might have left him behind for his failure. If I remember right, I think Sinister was workin' towards being a Horseman, here.

Ultimate Poccy doesn't have Horsemen yet and may never. Even then, Sinister and he haven't always had the best track record.

Johnny Bravo said:
Guess so,he's a horseman right?

There was actually mention of Sinister being a Horseman, so I don't think it's entirely a good idea to count them out so soon. Not that you were, Cad, I just remember Apocolypse saying at the end of the arc that he was going to look for other Horseman.

I think it'd be a great twist to have sinister as an open enemy to Poccy as opposed to the love/hate relationship they had in 616.

The possible horseman could be
1) Archangel (cuz it's classic and it'd take the pansy out of the current angel)
2) Cable (because it's happening in C/DD and it sounds pretty cool. Also it'd be a sweet twist to see the biggest enemy of 'poc turn into one of his greatest warriors, and a great spin on a classic marvel character)
3) Dark Beast - no need for explanation
4) An all-new, UU original character

It'd be cool if the x-men were forced to team up with sinister to bring down 'poc. create a lot of tension and maybe spark sinister's fascination with scott and jean

what do u guys think?

Personally, I would like to see all of the Horseman be original characters, if that's the way you're going to play. I don't think mixing a new character into a batch of old, classic characters is wise.

airjavier31 said:
I think it'd be a great twist to have sinister as an open enemy to Poccy as opposed to the love/hate relationship they had in 616.

The possible horseman could be
1) Archangel (cuz it's classic and it'd take the pansy out of the current angel)
2) Cable (because it's happening in C/DD and it sounds pretty cool. Also it'd be a sweet twist to see the biggest enemy of 'poc turn into one of his greatest warriors, and a great spin on a classic marvel character)
3) Dark Beast - no need for explanation
4) An all-new, UU original character

It'd be cool if the x-men were forced to team up with sinister to bring down 'poc. create a lot of tension and maybe spark sinister's fascination with scott and jean

what do u guys think?
Sounds good to me.

Goodwill said:
Personally, I would like to see all of the Horseman be original characters, if that's the way you're going to play. I don't think mixing a new character into a batch of old, classic characters is wise.

why not? as far as the ultimate universe goes, i think this would be a great way of keeping things fresh. Plus, those old classic characters you're talking about aren't quite classic in the uu. albeit there haven't been too many drastic changes to most of the characters, i don't want to see the uu limited because of how things happened in 616.

I'd say yes to Dark Beast and Archangel... but no to the others....

Rogue and Gambit would just make sense, I mean, Gambit causes destruction (War), and Rogue would make a great

Maybe the One-shot has Juggernaut as War, and when Gambit and Rogue beat him, he makes some better choices.

Has anyone considered the possibility of Introducing Thunderbird (a la Exiles) this way?

airjavier31 said:
why not? as far as the ultimate universe goes, i think this would be a great way of keeping things fresh. Plus, those old classic characters you're talking about aren't quite classic in the uu. albeit there haven't been too many drastic changes to most of the characters, i don't want to see the uu limited because of how things happened in 616.

Neither do I, but with the UU, you don't necessarily have to reinvent the wheel. That's why I'm saying all or nothing.

I would like it to, if the X-Men were reluctant to help. Anything with Gambit really has to be written a certain way now that he's taken a plane to the team dynamic without meaning to.

Goodwill said:
I would like it to, if the X-Men were reluctant to help.
Well like I said, certain members would and certain members wouldn't be. Logan and Iceman would definitely not be in favor but knowing Colossus who is always gung-ho on helping fellow mutants than he probably would. Xavier would have to say yes because if he said no then there would be no story. But all of this dynamic is what makes the whole Gambit/X-Men relationship interesting.

I really hope this happens... I mean really do hope this happens. Some of my ideas are terrible but this has a lot of substance to it.

I would really like seeing that too...

Rogue works as... well... a Rogue. Gambits the good thief, but rogue's a bad girl at heart, and works best that way...

Gambit in the X-Men would also be really nice

Dr.Strangefate said:
I would really like seeing that too...

Rogue works as... well... a Rogue. Gambits the good thief, but rogue's a bad girl at heart, and works best that way...

Gambit in the X-Men would also be really nice

Agreed... When on the team, under Vaughan at least, she seemed to have more edge than even Dazzler, which I liked. Now that she's not on the team, she can return to how she was before. That may be backtracking in terms of development, but when you've got a teenage character, there's probably a lot of that.

Latest posts

Back