Arrow show on CW (Spoilers)

I did enjoy the little dig at NBC they did with the peacock feather, and John using it to scratch an "itch on his back that'd been bugging him for hours". Heh.

I know Ryan is doing some theater work now, but I really hope CW figures out a way to bring him back either as a somewhat regular guest star (once or twice a year) or a more regular role. Perhaps, since Legends of Tomorrow is said to be more of an anthology show, the second season could have a team based more around magic and sorcery, with John Constantine as the reluctant leader of a team of magic-related characters, like Zatanna, Jason Blood/Etrigan, Doctor Fate (as a nice pay off of the tease in Constantine) and maybe even Spectre (with same actor who played Corrigan in Constantine, as a way of finally paying off that tease).

And at the end of the second season, hopefully they can tease the birth of Swamp Thing.

The ratings for the Constantine guest appearance on Arrow caused a 10% bump, even with the episode leaking a couple days early online. I bet CW is thinking very hard about how they can bring Ryan into the existing DC-CW-verse (screw you guys!) on a more permanent basis.

I still think it makes perfect sense for them to revive the show for 8-12 episodes per year and air it paired with iZombie at 8pm and Constantine (or Hellblazer or John Constantine or whatever they call it) at 9pm, as it likely would have a fair degree of crossover audience.

And again, the ratings that caused Constantine to be cancelled on NBC would be guaranteed to get the show 4-5 seasons on cable network CW (very different standards and viewership size).

So I have to think there is interest there by CW. Perhaps the issue is budget and pulling off a close convincing show involving demons (using a fair bit of CGI trickery), but they've done phenomenal things on Flash. I think even doing it as a limited 8-12 episode Season to reduce overall budget would be fine. It doesn't need to be a 23 episode season. In fact, I think Constantine could probably benefit from shorter seasons, allowing enough variety between those handful of episodes with a still overarching meta plot throughout the season.

No. The internet has spoken. #Flarrow

Exactly. #Flarrowverse4Life

Lame.

#FlarrowVixensOfTomorrow

I like that one though.

Last edited:
So Sarah is back. Next episode Ray returns, then one more and the a week off, then we finally get the cross-over and the introduction of Legends of Tomorrow.

Arrow: A brief synopsis

Season 1
Olliver, Sarah, and Olliver's dad are dead
Oliver is not dead
Diggle's brother is dead
Tommy's mom is dead
Tommy is dead
Malcom is dead

Season 2
Malcom is not dead
Slade is not dead
Slade was dead
Shado is dead
Sarah is not dead
Olliver's mom is dead
Sabastian Blood is dead

Season 3
Sarah is dead again
Thea is dead
Thea is not dead
Deadshot is dead
Shado is not... oh wait that's her twin
Oliver is dead again
Oliver is not dead again
Roy is dead
Roy is not dead
Akio is dead
Maseo is dead
Ra's Al Ghul is dead
Ray is dead

Season 4
Sarah is not dead again
Ray is not dead
Diggle's bother is not dead

Last edited:
Flarrixends sounds like a cholesterol medication or something. ;)

Flarrixends may cause nerdgasms, spontaneous shouting of "**** yeah!" and increased heart rate, Ask your doctor if Flarrixends is right for you.

Cool. She shows up in episode 4x15, which airs February 24. Glad they're bringing in the same actress who voiced her in the web series.

Also a possible candidate for Legends of Tomorrow Season 2. I really want LoT Season 2 to have a magical focus, and hopefully bring Matt Ryan's Constantine back. Would also be a good opportunity to introduce the Arrowverse version of Zatanna, Deadman and Etrigan (and maybe even Corrigan's Spectre that was foreshadowed on Constantine, since it's now canon, why not run with that plot thread fans desperately wanted to see?).

It would also thematically kind of naturally follow the introduction of magic in the universe through Darhk, Vixen's magical totem-based abilities, Constantine's inclusion in that universe, etc.

CW and the show producers know the fans want JC back, and the ratings spike his appearance on Arrow caused showed that.

I'm just fanboying over here, and know the proposed Justice League Dark movie may prevent that, but it would likely be glorious.

Last edited:
The web-series is canon. They confirmed it before.

Right, I know. I'm just interested to see if the producers, etc care enough about this canon to reference it, even though it's "just a cartoon". I hope they do care enough, but I'm just saying they may not.

Right, I know. I'm just interested to see if the producers, etc care enough about this canon to reference it, even though it's "just a cartoon". I hope they do care enough, but I'm just saying they may not.
Well you said "if"! :p

I think they will. I could be wrong, of course, but not everyone met Vixen prior, so I can see them quickly explaining.

They'll probably treat it simply as if they already know each other. The reference probably won't be much more than "that thing in" or "what happened in", etc. References it without leaning on it too heavily at all, so those who've seen the web series get it, and those who haven't just take it as an unseen adventure.

It's a 20 minute special. I'm sure they'll just air it.

I doubt it, though this may indicate the Vixen web series will be offered on Arrow Season 4 DVD/Bluray set...

Latest posts

Back