Arrow show on CW (Spoilers)

Yeah, everyone knew it was only a matter of time before Deathstroke appeared in Starling City. The eyepatch was great and hope to see him in actual Deathstroke costume soon.

Also, Robert Knepper (T-Bag in Prison Break) has been cast as Clock King, appearing later this season.

I saw that. I never watched prison break but its always cool to see a new character interpreted for live action. I am still hoping that the appearance of Professor Ivo means we will get an Amazo at some point. I think that would give DC an excellent chance to crossover the show with Flash and also to perhaps introduce some more JL characters on the show. I honestly think bringing Green Lantern into the show would/could be very cool.

Yeah, I really hope having his ship named Amazo isn't just a reference and we'll get to see the real one at some point.

I'm about half way through season 1 :) just got the dvd. The first few episodes were very meh BUT it soon picked up. I like this. Not my favourite cw shows right now but it's great

I'm confused with something in season 1. In season 1 when Slade fights his partner according to the subtitle his partner is Deathstroke. I thought Slade wilson was Deathstroke did I miss something? or is it just badly done subtitles? (i watch before bed with subtitles so it doesn't wake anyone)

I'm confused with something in season 1. In season 1 when Slade fights his partner according to the subtitle his partner is Deathstroke. I thought Slade wilson was Deathstroke did I miss something? or is it just badly done subtitles? (i watch before bed with subtitles so it doesn't wake anyone)

Huh. I was unaware they ever actually referred to the partner as "Deathstroke". The way I took it was they were both mercenaries with these "deathstroke" masks. It never comes up again and you can prob just forget it. Just go with Slade is Deathstroke.

Yeah it was the subtitles when the other guy spoke said Deathstroke: then his lines. which is odd

I believe the mask is associated with Deathstroke, not just the person behind the mask.

Anyways, this person is a much better Deathstroke than the Deathstroke from before.

So I've just started watching this and reading the tie in digital comics, and am putting a timeline together for it (based on Captain France's original timeline, just adding time coding for the island flashbacks and rearranging a few things, as well as adding the missing comics).

It's pretty good so far, which is encouraging since I've heard it only gets better. The sad part is the fight choreography in this show for the most part is far better done than in Nolan's Batman movies. Not to get off track, but that's the one aspect of the Nolan trilogy which he dropped the ball on. Hoping that Snyder at least gets that much right in Batman vs. Superman.

Anyway, enjoying the show, and only 5 episodes in its obviously doing a better job of introducing known DC villains than Agents of SHIELD is.

Another very good ep last night. I was NOT expecting the Suicide Squad reveal at the end. I am loving this show.

That's cool. Who specifically showed up? I need to catch up on the past couple episodes, but I'm going to wait a month or two so I can do a good 6-8 episode chunk at a time (especially since it makes it a bit easier for the Arrow/Flash timeline I'm doing instead of watching one at a time).

That's cool. Who specifically showed up? I need to catch up on the past couple episodes, but I'm going to wait a month or two so I can do a good 6-8 episode chunk at a time (especially since it makes it a bit easier for the Arrow/Flash timeline I'm doing instead of watching one at a time).
Amanda Waller so far has only recruited Bronze Tiger. At least, from what we've been shown.

And speaking of Waller, I wish they had gotten CCH Pounder. The current actress is so skinny and very meh as Amanda.

Also, this fighting scene with Deathstroke was awesome:

[video=youtube;82IaEyGqsGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82IaEyGqsGU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Amanda Waller so far has only recruited Bronze Tiger. At least, from what we've been shown. And speaking of Waller, I wish they had gotten CCH Pounder. The current actress is so skinny and very meh as Amanda.

CCH Pounder would've been a good choice, but they're obviously going for a much younger version in the show. Think the woman playing her was on Spartacus if I recall correctly.

Will be interesting to see the roster expand for the Suicide Squad over the remainder of the season. Can see them playing a role in Season 3, either as opponents or possible allies for Arrow (and maybe Flash in his show, which just got a full season order).

Like Ice said, so far just Bronze Tiger. It was an end of episode tease. I expect Deadshot will also be added to the SS roster at some point also.

CCH Pounder would've been a good choice, but they're obviously going for a much younger version in the show. Think the woman playing her was on Spartacus if I recall correctly.
I know it's obvious they're going with a younger/"hotter" version for the show. This is the CW after all. It still doesn't mean I can't prefer someone else/better.

And in show news, via CBR:

"The CW has released the first episode synopsis of the March 5 episode of "Arrow," entitled "The Promise." Looks like it's going to be a more island-focused episode -- though Oliver may finally learn that Slade is in Starling."

THE TURNING POINTOliver (Stephen Amell) is shocked when he learns that Slade (Manu Bennett) has come to Starling City. Back on the island, as Oliver, Slade and Sara (Caity Lotz) prepare to take over the freighter from Ivo (guest star Dylan Neal), Sara pulls Oliver aside and tells him he needs to kill Ivo to prevent him from telling Slade what happened with Shado. Oliver feels immense guilt over the situation but realizes Slade's growing rage from the Mirakuru makes him unpredictable and he could turn on his friends if he thinks Oliver is to blame. Oliver agrees to kill Ivo and the battle begins. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Ben Sokolowski.

Marc Guggenheim has a tease of his own for "Arrow" fans -- the title page of the eighteenth episode of the CW drama, entitled "Deathstroke."

BgSdZEnCcAA0Ptr.jpg

Also, the writer's room twitter account just announced the show has been picked up for season 3.

Last edited:
I know it's obvious they're going with a younger/"hotter" version for the show. This is the CW after all. It still doesn't mean I can't prefer someone else/better.

Yeah, dude, I know, nor did I say or indicate otherwise. Personally I'd have preferred CCH too over the younger actress.

In related news, it's been announced Ra's al Ghul will be on the show and played by Justin Bieber.

Brief Harley Quinn cameo on last nights Arrow (Suicide Squad episode) I am hoping this means she will be in to the Suicide Squad in later episodes.

[video=youtube;9SkmmHq10W0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkmmHq10W0[/video]

Latest posts

Back