Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Spoilers!)

Re: Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

ourchair said:
Ha. I laugh at you silly Americans. Look at you, begging for whatever animated handouts you can get, like a bunch of Communist mongrels!

Here in Asia, there are no copyright cops and the streets are littered with First World intellectual property!

We have ripped the music of Europe. Stolen the films of Hollywood. And we have robbed the animation of Japan.

And as the cogs of our media reproduction facilities whir, duplicating all your precious pop culture, we fornicate as a gesture of defiance.

Good thing I'm a New Zealander huh?

ourchair said:
Ha. I laugh at you silly Americans. Look at you, begging for whatever animated handouts you can get, like a bunch of Communist mongrels!

Here in Asia, there are no copyright cops and the streets are littered with First World intellectual property!

We have ripped the music of Europe. Stolen the films of Hollywood. And we have robbed the animation of Japan.

And as the cogs of our media reproduction facilities whir, duplicating all your precious pop culture, we fornicate as a gesture of defiance.

Good thing I'm a New Zealander huh?

Pandrio said:
It was the first time you said it.

Oh yes, I'll have you know I post things twice just to get a different post from you that doesn't contain the words "I agree" or a laughing smilie.

Fuzzy Birds said:
I wish fire would stop getting such disrespect. Forget English Gentleman, Fire is the new villain of choice. Cut the guy a break, I'm sick of these tired misconceptions that fire is evil and nasty. Once you get close to it, it's actually very nice and gentle. There's nothing quite like putting your hand in a fire and feeling it's friendly licks of warmth on your fingers. Now air, that's another question. I don't trust anything that's not only invisible, but has you surrounded to boot.

Bender.

*snigger*

I've noticed that too. Fire is always the villain. Why?! WHY?!

Poj said:
Oh yes, I'll have you know I post things twice just to get a different post from you that doesn't contain the words "I agree" or a laughing smilie.
I do type one of those two a lot don't I?
So, back on topic, I may check this out on that website. I've seen a bit of one episode of this, but I didn't really undertand it.

Last edited:

Pandrio said:
I do type one of those two a lot don't I?
So, back on topic, I may check this out on that website. I've seen a bit of one episode of this, but I didn't really undertand it.

Yes, you should. I like the series.

And Poj isn't funny.

I have kids, and happened upon it. Pretty cool, pretty mature for a Nick Cartoon. Good stories though. I found it fun, and I have seen all of the shows. Decent season ending as well.

Headrattle said:
I have kids, and happened upon it. Pretty cool, pretty mature for a Nick Cartoon. Good stories though. I found it fun, and I have seen all of the shows. Decent season ending as well.
WELCOME! :D

ProjectX2 said:
Zuko and his Uncle are declared traitors to the Fire Nation, and the Firelord sends Zuko's "secret" sister after them!
Actually, Zuko was just called a failure, not a traitor. But holy **** was that ending awesome. I can't wait for season 2. This is going to kick so much ***!!!

Season 1 was great. Everything was awesome. The fighting, the characters, the humor, the animation....pure genius. Love it all. Best cartoon from Nickelodeon..EVAH!!!

5 STARS!!!

Season 2 starts March 17.

The site I used to download the Season 1 episodes doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Which means I'll have to get them some other way. :(

The season started today.

AWESOME!!! :rockon:

With Aang at the Earth Nation Lord, he tried to make Aang go into the Avatar state because he knew he could use him to defeat the Fire Nation Lord. He soon forced him into the state, and a new revelation was revealed:

As we know, with Aang in his Avatar state, his power is really uber, but he's also VERY vulnerable. If he is killed during the Avatar state, not only is the Avatar cycle broken, but the Avatars will cease to exist...forever.

It was cool to see the prince fight his siter. Also, at the end, now that the prince and his uncle know that they're being hunted, they cut off their pony tails and threw it in the river. Does anyone know what that means? I'm guessing something "cultural" or whatever.

Ice said:
It was cool to see the prince fight his siter. Also, at the end, now that the prince and his uncle know that they're being hunted, they cut off their pony tails and threw it in the river. Does anyone know what that means? I'm guessing something "cultural" or whatever.
Well I believe that longer hair was really a symbol of honor and pride. in the last samurai the one guy gets he hair cut a screams. I think its dishonorable to have it cuts, very shameful though I'm not sure. But in the cartoon I guess its form separating himself from the fire nation

I was flipping through the channels and my son saw this and was all excited - apparently he loves it. I watched it with him...it was pretty good.

Friday's episode was cool. No action, but we got to see more into the 'love' they're teasing us with between Aang and Katara.

Last edited:

Ultimate Houde said:
This is on at such a bad time, I never get to see it

Is it on any other times than Friday night?
They usually repeat on during the weekends (don't know about during weekdays), but never at the same time, as each weekend they always switch "marathons" of the cartoons they show.

Latest posts

Back