Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Spoilers!)

Zuko has anger management issues which makes him wonderful to watch. Avatar escape, !ZUKO SMASH! :lol:

"Quiet! You don't know what I had to do to get seats this close to the bear!"

I can't stop laughing.

Just finished the show. What terrific fun this was. Delightful from start to finish. While it's sometimes not so amazing (THE SOUTHERN RAIDERS is probably the only really bad episode) it has so many delightful characters and episodes. With the exception of Katara (sadly the weakest character), I honestly can't think of a bad character. It has so much going for it. I would recommend that anyone who saw this take a look at BABYLON 5. B5 isn't as endearing or as consistent, but it's more tragic, more complex, longer, and brilliantly layered. BABYLON 5 is as novelistic as this show, with a vast cast (whom the writer doesn't treat as nicely) and it has the same type of ending as AVATAR - in that when you look at the characters at the end of the show and think back to where it started, you just kinda go "Wow... stuff really happened." I actually picked up the show because I thought it would give me that B5 vibe and it really did. It's a gem. And so funny too!

Does anyone else want them to redo THE EMBER ISLAND PLAYERS but with the characters watching the Shyamalan movie?

"But... he doesn't look anything like me. He's the wrong COLOUR!"
"My uncle doesn't drink coffee!"
"Dammit, say my name right!"

Does anyone else want them to redo THE EMBER ISLAND PLAYERS but with the characters watching the Shyamalan movie?

"But... he doesn't look anything like me. He's the wrong COLOUR!"
"My uncle doesn't drink coffee!"
"Dammit, say my name right!"

that never occurred to me

Off the top of my head; THE CAVE OF TWO LOVERS, THE BLIND BANDIT, ZUKO ALONE, THE TALES OF BA SING SE, APPA'S LOST DAYS, THE HEADBAND, SOKKA'S MASTER and, THE EMBER ISLAND PLAYERS.

I'm surprised nothing from season 1 is there, but then also not since Toph wasn't around. I dunno. You?

Probably THE BOILING ROCK 1&2, TALES OF BA SING SE, THE CROSSROADS OF DESTINY, and THE BLIND BANDIT.

I think season 2 was the strongest season, like you said season one biggest weakness was that it was BT (before Toph), and season three felt like it was just treading water until THE DAY OF THE BLACK SUN.

Probably THE BOILING ROCK 1&2, TALES OF BA SING SE, THE CROSSROADS OF DESTINY, and THE BLIND BANDIT.

I think season 2 was the strongest season, like you said season one biggest weakness was that it was BT (before Toph), and season three felt like it was just treading water until THE DAY OF THE BLACK SUN.

I loved some of the early parts of season three. THE BOILING ROCK was fun, if only for the pay off later when Toph says, "I'm going with Zuko! What. Everyone else had a life-changing time when they went on a field trip with Zuko. It's my turn now." CUT TO: "I just wanted my parents to love me." "Uh huh."

Toph is an acronym for TOO OUTRAGEOUSLY PERFECT HER.

What did people think of the ending?

Why don't you just read THE ENTIRE THREAD

I did.

It all gels together.

More importantly: Does anyone else cry as much as I do when Iroh sings "Brave Soldier Boy" at the grave of his son?

I did.

It all gels together.

More importantly: Does anyone else cry as much as I do when Iroh sings "Brave Soldier Boy" at the grave of his son?

OH MY GOD... ugly tears. Iroh at his son's grave has to be one of the most heart wrenching scenes in American animation in like EVER.

I did.

It all gels together.

Nope. But that's because I fight against all odds to hold them back. If I ever have kids I'll sing that while they fall asleep

Mako really nails it. It's when he starts breaking up in one of the verses, but then finishes the song. I've always felt that the key to an actor really showing grief is when they express how people try to steel themselves against the grief and they are just unprepared for the pain. If you listen to Mako, he makes it sound like Iroh is just suddenly struck by the intensity of his grief. At least I think he does. I dunno.

It's just all terribly heartbreaking.

[video=youtube;NFASos1G-5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFASos1G-5U[/video]

The Tale of Iroh is a really well-structured tale. He starts by helping a crying boy no longer feel upset, then he helps a bunch of older boys get out of trouble, and finally, a young man who's lost his way in life, he helps give purpose. He's doing all these fatherly things and then of course, bam, his grief. Poor Iroh.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back