Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Spoilers!)

I don't know what that means, but... yes. I am.

(I have no idea what this show is about. It's like THE LORD OF THE RINGS. All I knew was hobbits, Sauron, and Gandalf. All I know about this show is it's asians and they control elements and like, the kid Aang is important because he is Teh One. Or has Teh One Ring. Or something. I'm looking forward to it because I'm totally blind. Should be exciting!)

(I have no idea what this show is about. It's like THE LORD OF THE RINGS. All I knew was hobbits, Sauron, and Gandalf. All I know about this show is it's asians and they control elements and like, the kid Aang is important because he is Teh One. Or has Teh One Ring. Or something. I'm looking forward to it because I'm totally blind. Should be exciting!)

That is basically it though it's done really well.

Doom loved this movie. He told me about for like thirty minutes.

It made him watch all three seasons in one weekend. He now loves the show, but likes the movie still.

Doom loved this movie. He told me about for like thirty minutes.

It made him watch all three seasons in one weekend. He now loves the show, but likes the movie still.

I don't think we should let him come back.

I had virtually no idea what it was about when I started watching, either, but I enjoyed it immensely, and think you will, too. When people describe it as "just a kid's cartoon", I flat-out laugh at them. The whole series was very well done. I ordered the DVDs for my library's collection, and they've been flying off the shelves. I do feel sorry for people who don't watch it in order, though, at least the first time through.

I must admit, I didn't think the movie was anywhere near as bad as the critics made it sound. Granted, the series is considerably better, but I can view the movie as being an AU variation, so I have fewer issues with it.

Same here. I only saw one ad on TV, barely paid attention, and all I knew was one of the major characters was a hydrokinetic Inuit girl that reminded me of Aragorn for some reason. It still interested me enough to start watching, and I was irreversably hooked by the third episode.

I just caught a few episodes here and there while channel surfing and eventually saw hope amazing it is when I got more on the overall story arc.

I actually saw the entire series for this after the film. Loved it! I could probably do without the "random adventure" episodes....but still a very solid cartoon. Especially one that actually has an ending.

I actually saw the entire series for this after the film. Loved it! I could probably do without the "random adventure" episodes....but still a very solid cartoon. Especially one that actually has an ending.
Indeed, and I hear the sequel Legend of Korra won't have any of those one shot adventures

Just watched THE BLIND BANDIT.

Toph is awesome. Sokka as a detective is awesome. But THE BOULDER is the most electrifying man in the Earthbending world.

She's awesome, but I bloody love Zuko. I knew, just knew, they were setting me up for ZUKO ALONE which was a brilliant episode and dammit, Zuko is awesome, I can't wait to see where he goes.

She's awesome, but I bloody love Zuko. I knew, just knew, they were setting me up for ZUKO ALONE which was a brilliant episode and dammit, Zuko is awesome, I can't wait to see where he goes.

Zuko is by far the series' best realized character. There may be more entertaining characters, but Zuko has them beat in terms of depth and complexity. And yeah, his character arc is one of the best in the series.

Latest posts

Back