Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Spoilers!)

There were mentions of more seasons in a Newsarama article a while back. I think the link is in this thread, but I don't remember.

I recall the creators said they'll still be working in the avatar universe, in some way, but were very vague on it

Some people keep mentioning on other boards that they are doing a few 3 hour animated movies with same cast

I recall the creators said they'll still be working in the avatar universe, in some way, but were very vague on it

Well, there's still the Shamylan movies, which I'm pretty sure they're involved in the creative process.

New season announced at Comic Con!

...OK, not really, but it's still pretty funny.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FX6zWBQRXvA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FX6zWBQRXvA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited:
I think the second season of Avatar is the best part of the show (the creepy and subtle Dai Li, has the most Toph, Azula's Crowning Moment of Awesome, Zuko not joining the gang... I could go on), but I can't help but notice that Long Feng fails Advanced Orwellian Totalitarianism.

When it comes to maintaining social inequality and old traditions, a war against a never-ending, faceless opponent is the best thing you can ask for. Seriously, read 1984. Burning all your resources in a war that never ends? Protecting your culture against the Fire Nation? The war should've been a godsend for the Dai Li.

But I suppose it's realistic that an ancient dictator working from his own observations in a world where the Avatar usually keeps peace among four nations wouldn't have the same skills and knowledge as a man like Orwell on our war-torn planet.

I think the second season of Avatar is the best part of the show (the creepy and subtle Dai Li, has the most Toph, Azula's Crowning Moment of Awesome, Zuko not joining the gang... I could go on), but I can't help but notice that Long Feng fails Advanced Orwellian Totalitarianism.

When it comes to maintaining social inequality and old traditions, a war against a never-ending, faceless opponent is the best thing you can ask for. Seriously, read 1984. Burning all your resources in a war that never ends? Protecting your culture against the Fire Nation? The war should've been a godsend for the Dai Li.

But I suppose it's realistic that an ancient dictator working from his own observations in a world where the Avatar usually keeps peace among four nations wouldn't have the same skills and knowledge as a man like Orwell on our war-torn planet.

Long Feng also bothers me, but for different reasons.

Why did he even pick a fight with Aang in the first place?

I mean, the smart thing to do would be to tell them that the Earth King is too stupid to understand warfare, and send them on their merry way, maybe directing them the generals (even if he thought the eclipse plan wouldn't work, it'd at least get them out of his non-existant hair for a while.)

But no, he had to blackmail them with Appa. Who he didn't even have at that point. Which makes it look like he just wanted the bragging rights to bluffing the Avatar, then realizing the problems with this, and then captured Appa for real just to back up his claims.

New season announced at Comic Con!

...OK, not really, but it's still pretty funny.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FX6zWBQRXvA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FX6zWBQRXvA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I only just watched that

:shock::lol::lol::lol: that's great

For Easter here Nickelodeon have been running an Avatar marathon for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. They play a complete Book each day and I just finished it. It's still such a fantastic cartoon and even my mum was watching it by the end.

If they still do those stand alone movie special things, I'd love for one to be about Iroh. I forgot how much stuff he did and yet how much of an enigma he still is. I want to see his entire life - him with his brother Ozai, discovering the dragons and learning the secrets of firebending, breaching the walls of Ba Sing Sei and becoming the Dragon of the West, the formation of the White Lotus Group... maybe why he's fascinated with tea? :) I think there's a lot of potential in these ideas and it would be a great way to explore the rest of the Avatar universe.

Though I'm also happy if nothing happens. Avatar is a great series and probably doesn't need anything added to it.

I am now even more against the live action movies though. I just can't imagine it working at all. It's such a fantastic cartoon.

For Easter here Nickelodeon have been running an Avatar marathon for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. They play a complete Book each day and I just finished it. It's still such a fantastic cartoon and even my mum was watching it by the end.

If they still do those stand alone movie special things, I'd love for one to be about Iroh. I forgot how much stuff he did and yet how much of an enigma he still is. I want to see his entire life - him with his brother Ozai, discovering the dragons and learning the secrets of firebending, breaching the walls of Ba Sing Sei and becoming the Dragon of the West, the formation of the White Lotus Group... maybe why he's fascinated with tea? :) I think there's a lot of potential in these ideas and it would be a great way to explore the rest of the Avatar universe.

Though I'm also happy if nothing happens. Avatar is a great series and probably doesn't need anything added to it.

I am now even more against the live action movies though. I just can't imagine it working at all. It's such a fantastic cartoon.

I've been rewatching the series on DVD. Still fantastic, and I agree about Iroh. The only complaint I have is that a few things about the endgame felt rushed. (Seriously, Energybending came out of nowhere.)

Shamylan has his work cut out for him. In more ways then one.

I've been rewatching the series on DVD. Still fantastic, and I agree about Iroh. The only complaint I have is that a few things about the endgame felt rushed. (Seriously, Energybending came out of nowhere.)

I liked how Spirit Bending was out of no where, because it was just a little taste of a much grander history to this mythology.

So, someone got their hands on the universe bible and posted what is allegedly the original summary for the series before the final product. It's fairly similar to what what we got, but the number of differences is still pretty interesting.

http://plus4chan.org/boards/a/res/58561.html#59033

Highlights include Azula and Toph as guys (the latter of whom Katara crushes on) and EVIL Iroh.

So, someone got their hands on the universe bible and posted what is allegedly the original summary for the series before the final product. It's fairly similar to what what we got, but the number of differences is still pretty interesting.

http://plus4chan.org/boards/a/res/58561.html#59033

Highlights include Azula and Toph as guys (the latter of whom Katara crushes on) and EVIL Iroh.

I am so glad they didn't got that route

Books 2 & 3 are now available on Netflix Watch Instantly. I am so excited to watch these, although I may wait until after I've seen the movie as it's been a year since I finished Book 1.

I don't think they've even released the complete Book sets here. They're still selling those individual volumes. :(

I have been so thoroughly told the awesomness that is this show that I have bought all three seasons. They arrived in the post on the same day in individual packages. I opened the packages blind and randomly, and I opened them in numerical order. I take this as a good omen.

Latest posts

Back