Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Spoilers!)

Re: Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

Woohoo I finished book one just now , about to start book 2. I'm an idiot despite seeing pictures of book 3 and footage of the game both with Zuko in it when his boat exploded in chapter 18 (I think it was) I was still like :shock: "NO , you can't kill him , He's my favourite charracter" :lol:

The end of book was awsome BUT i think my favourite scene of the entire series was when they visited the fortune teller. That scene where Sokka says "Can your fortune telling explain that?" pointing to a smoking volcano , the guy responded "can your science explain why rains?" Sokka shouts "YES , YES IT CAN!" I literally spat coke on to my screen :lol:

This has been a great series. Time to start book 2 :D

I love Avatar. Zuko is awesome. The Book 2 finale disappointed me because of his decision though.

Woohoo , Finished book 2!

The series kicked *** (expect the one that had 3-4 different tales and the episode all about Appa. Didn't like those) the final kicked all kinds of ***. I'm actually glad Zuko picked evil.

We all know he'll turn good again but this has a lot of kick *** possibilities. E.g Say his father gives him back his honor then Ang kills the fire lord , Zuko would have to be ruler right? and could be a good one.

When does Book 3 start? I have to see it now!

And is not Toph the greatest thing ever?

I love her!

I'm a Tokka shipper... ok, I'm actually a Tophele... (Toph + Mitchele... me).

When does Book 3 start? I have to see it now!

September 21st.

I love Avatar. Zuko is awesome. The Book 2 finale disappointed me because of his decision though.

We have had discussions about this before

I felt it was handled sloppily, and the writers will need to win me over to this decision

I didn't think it was sloppy, I think it defied what we expected and wanted and it pissed us off... but that's just good story telling. This opens many possibilities for book 3!

Zuko and Azula could overthrow Ozai and, seeing as Zuko is the rightful heir, Azula could turn on him aswell to claim the throne for herself. One of two things could happen with this... #1. Zuko defeats her and is the one Aang has to defeat or #2. Azula imprisons him with/near Iroh and they escape together and join Aang.
Or Azula and Zuko plan to overthrow Ozai, but Azula never shows up and Zuko gets imprisoned with/near Iroh and the escape together and join Aang... or Zuko defeats his father and becomes Firelord.
Or they do nothing, and Zuko searches for his mother and possibly disguises himself as the Blue Spirit again to sabotage the Firenation, likely allows Iroh to escape and join Aang.
Or... any combination of the above.

Last edited:

Hmm, I hope the next season tells us the ultimate fate of the Kiyoshi warriors.

New Press Release for the Third Season: (contains minor spoilers)

http://www.viacom.com/NEWS/NewsText.aspx?RID=1048320

Am I the only one who noticed that Toph isn't metioned in the summary? Did they forget to write it or is she off doing something plot related? The latter would make sense, as there have been rumors that the second episode of the season focuses on Toph.

Last edited:

Well, Avatar didn't win for best animated show half an hour and under. Instead, South Park did, which I can completely understand. You see, unlike Avatar, which is just a bunch of crass jokes strung together to form a haphazard plot which was probably cooked up during the creators' drug-induced stupor, South Park has layers of characterization, an intense, involving, and often brilliant storyline, stunning action set pieces, and quirky humor that can make both kids and adults laugh. So, I can really see where the Emmys were coming from here, and I really feel like they made the right decision.

Latest posts

Back