Avatar: The Last Air Bender (Spoilers!)

Re: Avatar: The Last Air Bender.

Just started watching this , taking a a break for a bit while my "sex in the city" is on but seen first 4 episodes. So far loving it. My friend recommended me this as he said "American answer to dragonball"
Your friend, is an idiot.

Last edited:

Wait till you get to season two, it blows season one out of the water. Also it's where you meet Toph who rocks.

Cool , from the look of the pictures above from season 3 I assume the charracters look like they age which I love in shows. And Ang gets hair! that looks almost as weird as Krillen getting hair :lol: I love it!

Edit :
Your friend, is an idiot.

Not really , He means an american show that's similar which I could see similarities.

Like "Hex" we call "The English answer to Buffy" But you want to think that still go a head , I don't want this to turn in to some big drawn argument even so because I'll assume we both like this show so why argue if someone likes it for a different reason? we still like it.

Last edited:

Not really , He means an american show that's similar which I could see similarities.

Like "Hex" we call "The English answer to Buffy" But you want to think that still go a head , I don't want this to turn in to some big drawn argument even so because I'll assume we both like this show so why argue if someone likes it for a different reason? we still like it.

I think a more accurate way to say it would be that Avatar is an American answer to Japanese action anime in general, not specifically to DBZ. While they do have a few similarities, I feel that there are more differences (utter lack of decompression storytelling in Avatar being one).

I think a more accurate way to say it would be that Avatar is an American answer to Japanese action anime in general, not specifically to DBZ. While they do have a few similarities, I feel that there are more differences (utter lack of decompression storytelling in Avatar being one).

no he didn't say Dbz , Dragonball the first one with little goku and bulma. But I see your point and it's all cool

Last edited:

I thought the same think initially, but now, I realize how wrong I was. His friend is a genius.:shock:

Mole - Watchmen is the superhero answer to the Power Rangers. You'll love it. Check it out.

Heh heh heh.

Hey mole, shouldn't you be having a celebration? It's now been exactly one year since one of the all-time greatest films ever was presented to the loving public.

That movie?

ZOOM.

Now please excuse me while I go throw my copy of that suckfest "The Incredibles" into my fireplace. Piece of junk.

Just started watching this , taking a a break for a bit while my "sex in the city" is on but seen first 4 episodes. So far loving it. My friend recommended me this as he said "American answer to dragonball"

I see a lot of similarities between the two. (Not saying that as a bad thing as I love Dragonball) So far this has me hooked. I think my favourite in the show is Zuko (Did I spell that right? the exiled prince with fire powers) He's ****ing cool.

I will be caught up soon i hope as 360 game is coming out and a live action movie (which should be very cool) Loved the fight in 3rd episode with Zuko vs that general.

Also loved Ang (not sure on spelling) unlocking his Avatar in same episode as it was very SSJ feel to it which I did not expect and am curious as to how his powers evolve.

So far I give this a 8/10 which is very good.

Season One was mildy entertaining.

Season Two was ****in legendary.

Wait till you get to season two, it blows season one out of the water. Also it's where you meet Toph who rocks.

What he said. Toph is the greatest.

Hey mole, shouldn't you be having a celebration? It's now been exactly one year since one of the all-time greatest films ever was presented to the loving public.

That movie?

ZOOM.

Now please excuse me while I go throw my copy of that suckfest "The Incredibles" into my fireplace. Piece of junk.

Your right I'm sorry , Please let me hang my head in shame because I don't have as good of taste as you when it comes to Animated movies , You liking such animated gold as "hoodwinked" and all.

now , Let's stop randomly insulting me , especially when I'm agreeing with everyone that this show is cool.

Last edited:

Incredibles > Zoom
Watchmen > Anything else ever (maybe not Kingdom Come but it's pretty close)

I think that sums that up.

Guys Mole agrees with us this time, no need to be insultin'.

Last edited:

Guy's Mole agrees with us this time, no need to be insultin'.

Fair enough. It's a reflex after constant rebutals and arguments. My bad. I'm still right about Watchmen being better than anything though. But let's not get into that.

Keep watching, Mole. The Book One finale is insane.

What I find ironic and fun about Avatar is that earth, water, and air are shown to be capable of so much, but fire is only really good for fireballs.

Sure, I want them to be just as creative with firebenders, but fore is so... over-hyped, I think it's awesome that they're showing what the other elements can really do!

What I find ironic and fun about Avatar is that earth, water, and air are shown to be capable of so much, but fire is only really good for fireballs.

Sure, I want them to be just as creative with firebenders, but fore is so... over-hyped, I think it's awesome that they're showing what the other elements can really do!

Well I think each book showed what each element can Do Book 1 was all about water, Book 2 was all about Earth and I assume Book 3 will show what Fire can do

Don't forget fire whips and the occasional lightning bolt.

True, fire whips, walls of fire, and that dragon-looking thing that stage performer created... but that's all the creativity we've seen, unless firebenders just aren't very creative when it comes to fighting. And Lightning has no relation to fire, so that bugs me if it's firebender-only. But the way Iroh described it, it sounded like any bender could use lightning.

Latest posts

Back