Avengers Avengers: The Initiative (Discussion Spoilers)

So does no one read this? I think it might be one of Marvel's best books right now. For serious you all need to read this.

So does no one read this? I think it might be one of Marvel's best books right now. For serious you all need to read this.

I read it.

It's pretty good. Not one of their best books....but I see what they're trying to do.

I'm actually kinda disappointed in how it all ended. I was expecting something more.

It is. I meant how the current arc ended. Apparantly kisses from a teenage girls will blow your mind. Who knew? :?

Doom knew. :shifty:

I think the whole point was to explain how the Initiative had indeed changed Cloud 9 and the rest of the recruits.

I bought the 1st collection of this and am a little underwhelmed.

The dialogue seems kind of amateurish. The art isn't that good and I just don't care about any of the recruits.

The reason I bought it was because I was flipping through it and saw Slapstick. SOLD! But he hardly appears, and when he does he's not very Slapstick-y.

I'd never seen Gauntlet before and he has a cool power, but his use here is so forced. He's not unique and serves as little more than a drill sergeant. What is the reason for being so rough on the kids anyway? I don't get it. It's not like they are unregistered. It's stupid.

The dialogue seems kind of amateurish. The art isn't that good and I just don't care about any of the recruits.

The reason I bought it was because I was flipping through it and saw Slapstick. SOLD! But he hardly appears, and when he does he's not very Slapstick-y.

I'd never seen Gauntlet before and he has a cool power, but his use here is so forced. He's not unique and serves as little more than a drill sergeant. What is the reason for being so rough on the kids anyway? I don't get it. It's not like they are unregistered. It's stupid.

I think it's to highlight how much of an ******* he is.

Slapstick plays a larger part from issue's 6 and on

and gauntlet gets replaced with taskmaster after this collection

The new issue was good, but after a second reading, I found I liked it even better. Once again, I must say, that even though the series' cast is made up mostly of C- and D-List Marvel Heroes, The Initiative continues to be the best Avengers title on the stands, month after month. And I say this as a big fan of Bendis' work on New and Mighty Avengers.

READ THIS BOOK!

Dan Slott talks about the future of the Initiative (And no, it's NOT getting canceled) :D

I've read the issues up to the current one, and it's better than I thought it would be. It's pretty good, and even though I won't buy it, I'll keep checking it out.

The new One-Shot was excellent. And this is still the best Avengers book on the shelves. (WHY AREN'T YOU READING?!?!?)

The one thing that still bothers me, though... Are they ever going to explain how Trauma just... sprung back to life?

Or is it just one of those things that 'need no explanation'?

5/5

The new One-Shot was excellent. And this is still the best Avengers book on the shelves. (WHY AREN'T YOU READING?!?!?)

The one thing that still bothers me, though... Are they ever going to explain how Trauma just... sprung back to life?

Or is it just one of those things that 'need no explanation'?

5/5

I'm sure their going to lay everything out on the table in issue #20 when Slott leaves for Mighty Avengers

AVNINIT019_cov-1.jpg

So I finally read all of these books, and I gotta say I am suitably impressed by how good it is. I'm interested in how the whole H.A.M.M.E.R. thing is going to affect everybody. So far my favorite issue was #13 where the the new recruits show up and there's the fat kid who can't be hurt.

This book fell apart real quick during Invasion. Part of me is ready to drop it.

Skrull Kill Crew. Ugh.

Really? I thought it was pretty fun in it's own outlandish way, I was sad that Spinner died though.

Latest posts

Back