Avengers vs X-Men (Spoilers)

Because I just read close to 75 issues of crossover story. Some of the issues were the exact same fight just from different perspectives. To be fair though, other issues were more interesting vignettes of how AVX affected different people (like the issue of New Avengers about them thinking they were escaping from prison). I'm not trying to vilify Marvel. I don't think they're sitting in their offices counting their money and laughing at us. I believe they work hard to entertain their readers. But they are also a business and they're trying to make a profit. And readers apparently love big events and so the events make Marvel money. So if people are willing to buy all of this stuff, why not make it long and sprawling and sell more comics?

Marvel puts out tightly written and interesting comics, like Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist, or his Hawkeye, or Remender's Uncanny X-Force, or Waid's Daredevil (and I'm hearing a lot of good things from a lot of the Marvel Now titles, although I haven't really checked any of them out yet). But they also put out huge cross-over events that are usually (in my opinion) less intelligent, less interesting, but full of action and big "earth-shaking" happenings. I don't think less of Marvel for that, but I also recognize that AVX didn't need 12 issues and 60+ tie in issues to tell the story well. These events are their cash cows. And they really milked this one.

I get all that, I just don't see it as "clearly being done to make more money". People like the big events so they make it because the people want it. And in fact, this had less tie-ins than other events. I'm sure they make all they can to tell all the story they believe they can possibly tell, but I don't agree it's for more money in the bank. More of just them over-exerting themselves, if anything.

Well, ya know, its a work for hire corporate comic. They're all done for money. There might be done love too, but money.

I also just thought of this: Was AVX the big moment of Hope's life where she either ushered in a Mutant golden age or ruined the world and turned it into Bishop's home timeline? If so, is Bishop going to stop being crazy now? And how is this a golden age for mutants? It feels exactly the same as it was before M-Day.

I also just thought of this: Was AVX the big moment of Hope's life where she either ushered in a Mutant golden age or ruined the world and turned it into Bishop's home timeline? If so, is Bishop going to stop being crazy now? And how is this a golden age for mutants? It feels exactly the same as it was before M-Day.
That's a great question, but whether or not it turned into Bishop's future doesn't seem to be important either anymore or right now since over in Uncanny X-Force where he's returned, he's after another mutant girl (for reasons yet revealed).

I'd say it's a golden age for mutants since their numbers are starting to rise again, but the numbers are still in the "extinction" area.

I get all that, I just don't see it as "clearly being done to make more money". People like the big events so they make it because the people want it.

That's exactly why it is "clearly" done to make more money. If people prove they will pay for stuff like this, Marvel has an obligation to its stockholders to keep doing it. What Cap said wasn't an insult.

Marvel puts out tightly written and interesting comics, like Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist, or his Hawkeye, or Remender's Uncanny X-Force, or Waid's Daredevil (and I'm hearing a lot of good things from a lot of the Marvel Now titles, although I haven't really checked any of them out yet). But they also put out huge cross-over events that are usually (in my opinion) less intelligent, less interesting, but full of action and big "earth-shaking" happenings. I don't think less of Marvel for that, but I also recognize that AVX didn't need 12 issues and 60+ tie in issues to tell the story well. These events are their cash cows. And they really milked this one.

As long as people pay for them, it will keep going this way, too.

That's exactly why it is "clearly" done to make more money. If people prove they will pay for stuff like this, Marvel has an obligation to its stockholders to keep doing it. What Cap said wasn't an insult.
I didn't take anything as an insult nor did I ever thought it was... :?

I didn't take anything as an insult nor did I ever thought it was... :?

Are you kidding me? Look at that passive-aggressive smiley. You are an imbalanced cyclone of rage and hatred.

thanks to comixology i just got this :

It looks to be the greatest thing thing ever. I might not like current marvel but this looks so awesome. can not wait to read

thanks to comixology i just got this :

It looks to be the greatest thing thing ever. I might not like current marvel but this looks so awesome. can not wait to read

It was pretty entertaining. I liked it. It was certainly better than the actual series.

I read it :) it was fun but I'd argue too short. I felt like it needed stretching out to 2 or 3 issues. But i enjoyed it and would recomend

Latest posts

Back