Avengers vs X-Men (Spoilers)

"Building a giant Phoenix killer suit out of armor..."

That's from the summary page of #6. Someone actually composed those words, typed them out, and left them intact.

I had to force myself to keep reading.

391556_10151019105217488_1951288915_n.jpg

Coming in October-

Avengers + X-Men
detail.jpg

Coming later this year, A+X will showcase an array of Marvel's top characters, including Wolverine, The Hulk, Captain America and Cable to start. On the creative side, Jeph Loeb, Dan Slott, Dale Keown and Ron Garney will be among early contributors, per Marvel Senior Editor Nick

AvX: Consequences
detail.jpg

A 5 issue series written by Kieron Gillen. "It deals with the effects of AvX on both the X-side and the A-side!"

A Babies vs. X Babies
391556_10151019105217488_1951288915_n.jpg

Written Skottie Young & Drawn by Guru FX

Last edited:
What's this Chris Claremont said yesterday about how he has a deal with Marvel where he owns Phoenix/Dark Phoenix? Is this just crazy talk?

E said:
What's this Chris Claremont said yesterday about how he has a deal with Marvel where he owns Phoenix/Dark Phoenix? Is this just crazy talk?

Yeah, it's crazy talk. He's saying it like "I created this, bow down to me!!" type of tone.

Ice said:
Yeah, it's crazy talk. He's saying it like "I created this, bow down to me!!" type of tone.

What I saw was more of a "I own the rights", at least as far as I understood it...

E said:
What I saw was more of a "I own the rights", at least as far as I understood it...
That's what it sounds like, but there's no way he actually owns any rights to it. He's really acting all "high and mighty" about it because he came up with it.

#9 was written by Jason Aaron and was decent.

I thought they were going to kill Spider-Man and bring him back to life. The art was overall very good but there was one scene where Phoenix/Colossus punches him and his skull distends to a point that you would think he was dead. It looked bad.

Good to finally see the characters fighting the Phoenix's corruption to a meaningful point.

I caught up with the last few issues last week. Its terrible. I mean just... awful. There's ideas to be explored here but it never happens, people just hit each other. And switching writers each issue really shows. There isn't any consistency to what we're being shown.

I've not really noticed a difference between the writers for this. I'm just oblivious to that, I suppose. Either way, I've been enjoying the story, though I do know it has it's faults.

I've not really noticed a difference between the writers for this. I'm just oblivious to that, I suppose. Either way, I've been enjoying the story, though I do know it has it's faults.

That's pretty much how I feel about it...I wouldn't say I've been enjoying it but it has its moments. I don't think it's terrible or awful, at least at this point.

Still...I doubt I would pay money for it.

I've been reading these... I purchased the first 4.. Then I decided to spend my money on another title instead (SPIDER-MEN). I've been enjoying it though. #9 with Spidey almost getting killed, that was gripping.

Also, looking at Cyclops get chopped in the throat today was... pretty satisfying.

I am 99.9% sure Xavier dies in issue #11. Also, #12 is now coming out in October, though Newsarama would have you believe it's October 2013.

Did you guys see the Bleeding Cool spoiler that
Cyclops
is the
new Dark Phoenix
?

Dumb.

Did you guys see the Bleeding Cool spoiler that
Cyclops
is the
new Dark Phoenix
?

Dumb.

That was in today's #11. It makes sense story wise. And after everything that happened, it would've been surprising if Cykes didn't become Dark Phoenix. I'm more interested in how he'll start his "redemption road" or whatever they're going to have him on after this since they've announced long ago he'll still be around and all to deal with his past self and Jean coming to the present time.

Also, can't remember for sure, but didn't Xavier die a few years back in one of the X-Men events...Messiah Complex, maybe? The one with Hope being born and at the end Cable having to take her into the future, for anyone who actually read it. Bishop tried to shoot Cable and/or the baby, but Cable disappeared and the bullet hit Xavier instead.

Either way, Brevoort went on record saying that this time the death will be sticking for a very long time. Obviously we all know by now to take what they say with a grain of salt for the most part, but I'm sure Xavier will be gone for a very long time. I mean, they actually kept Jean Grey dead for 8 years and counting with no cloning or resurrection.

Last edited:
Xavier has died a lot of times. Bleeding Cool had an article today called the Many Deaths of Charles Xavier or something like that, with covers of all the books has has died in.

This book is crap.

Xavier has died a lot of times. Bleeding Cool had an article today called the Many Deaths of Charles Xavier or something like that, with covers of all the books has has died in.

This book is crap.
Yeah, he's died many times, but the point that was being made here was that it was by the hand of his own student, his "son".

Although I get what they were going for, it didn't have that "oomph" factor something like that should have had. Especially when I (and others) saw it coming a mile away.

Last edited:
Ice said:
Yeah, he's died many times, but the point that was being made here was that it was by the hand of his own student, his "son".

Ah, ok. Gotcha. I'll take your word for it. I just know that he's died, not how it has happened.

Ice said:
Although I get what they were going for, it didn't have that "oomph" factor something like that should have had. Especially when I (and others) saw it coming a mile away.

Maybe...I didn't see it coming a mile away and everything that happened in #11 was basically a surprise, but yeah, it wasn't anything that really grabbed me. It was just one of those things that happened and that's about all that can be said about it.

I can't tell if, with these stories, they come up with a dumb ending like Cyclops becoming the Dark Phoenix and build a crap story around it, or if they come up with a dumb concept like the X-Men welcoming the Phoenix - knowing what it has done in the past and basically living in paralyzingly fear of it since then - and not having the storytelling skills to prevent it from spiraling out of control until said dumb ending just happens.

As far as plot and concept goes this has been the worst event book I've ever read.

Latest posts

Back