Batman: Arkham Origins

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LEVITIKUZsLOUNGE/news/?a=77358

These are the pages from Game Informer giving more detail on the demo, the writing, maps of New and Old Gotham (game maps), and the detective/mystery elements (love that they're taking cues from BBC's Sherlock series). Also the list of talent working on this game is quite impressive. I think the series is in good hands. Really looking forward to this.

Eh, if they're going to call it Arkham Family and include all his various allies as playable characters, they should probably also include him as a playable character for at least a portion of the game. It'd be kind of a curveball to call it a Batman game but not only not feature him as a playable character, but likely not even seen, only heard over a radio. I say just take the Harley Quinn's Revenge route and switch off between the various characters.

I can agree. Have him playable too in my hypothetical game. It would work.

Last edited:
A Gotham Knights type game could be fun, if they distinguish the skill sets of the characters and played up the exploration elements by giving different characters access to different areas by means of their skills. A Knightfall or Batman RIP type story could be a good format. Have a Batman chapter at the beginning and end as a frame. The characters would need to have more polished interfaces though. Catwoman in AC struck me as not quite balanced.

Oh, and I'm guessing Rocksteady's next project will be a Superman game.

Actually, there's something going around saying that the reason Rocksteady didn't do this game. Is because there working something involving the incident over at Blackgate Prison that got the Joker and his men transferred to Arkham Asylum in the first place.

Actually, there's something going around saying that the reason Rocksteady didn't do this game. Is because there working something involving the incident over at Blackgate Prison that got the Joker and his men transferred to Arkham Asylum in the first place.

So another prequel? But...why? Why do that instead of picking up the unresolved story threads from Arkham City? Where'd this info even come from? It kind of sounds like the mumblings of a fanboy as opposed to actuality. Seriously, why have two different studios work on two separate prequels to a franchise that really calls for a sequel instead (as great as Origins sounds, a story to wrap up the storylines from AC probably would've been preferred in most fans minds).

I have to call BS on this one.

So another prequel? But...why? Why do that instead of picking up the unresolved story threads from Arkham City? Where'd this info even come from? It kind of sounds like the mumblings of a fanboy as opposed to actuality. Seriously, why have two different studios work on two separate prequels to a franchise that really calls for a sequel instead (as great as Origins sounds, a story to wrap up the storylines from AC probably would've been preferred in most fans minds).

I have to call BS on this one.

I didn't say I believed it either. Just that's what I'm hearing. I think they said it was some sort of Expansion Pack. Or Some kind of game pack that has both Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and then this Blackgate thing as some sort of mini game added to it.

Last edited:
I didn't say I believed it either. Just that's what I'm hearing. I think they said it was some sort of Expansion Pack. Or Some kind of game pack that has both Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and then this Blackgate thing as some sort of mini game added to it.

The handheld game that was recently announced, perhaps?

I wish it was the rumoured ninja turtles game they denied :lol:

Man, that would have made me a giddy boy.

I know you didn't originate the idea, I just don't think the rumor makes a whole lot of sense...unless:

The handheld game that was recently announced, perhaps?.

This would make more sense, the rumor Watcher posted just being a case of someone screwing up the actual info. Batman - Arkham Origins: Blackgate IS an actual game coming, but it's not an expansion or DLC for the consoles, it's a totally separate spin off game of Origins taking place soon after the console game, which comes out the same day as the console game and will be available for 3DS and PS Vita. And it sounds awesome so far.

But as I said, Rocksteady has nothing to do with that other than creating the Arkhamverse. Armature Studios is who is making the 3DS/Vita game. What Rocksteady's up to, no one but them knows for now.

Man, I was just thinking, how great would it be a few years down the line if Bruce Timm decided to do a Batman animated or CGI series set in the Arkhamverse, maybe taking place between Origins and Asylum. Ideally it'd be aimed at teens and adults since the tone and subject matter of that universe is decidedly darker than the fare of the DC animated universe, and rightfully so. Perhaps even as a series of direct to DVD features (capitalizing on the Arkham name) or airing on TV at a later time to appeal to the older aged market group.

Just when you thought they couldn't come up with a reason to really doubt this game...

Last edited:
No Kevin Conroy voicing Batman. :cry:

See........now they messing up.

Only redeemable solution? Bruce Greenwood and John DiMaggio from "Batman: Under the Ref Hood" must reprise their roles.

Oh wait...Origins takes place earlier. Hmmmmm...nevermind. Too old. And as much as I liked Ben McKenzie's detached monotone delivery in "Batman: Year One" I don't wanna hear it in a game.

Batman should be voiced by Andy Dick! and the last scene of the game his throat is crushed by bane. Batman then says "You'll not win this battle bane" but the accident .... it's made him voiced by Kevin Conroy and that is the origins of his voice!

Last edited:
Deathstroke will be a playable character in Arkham Origins

Right now it's only listed as a pre-order bonus, but much like Robin in Arkham City I'm sure this'll be offered as buyable DLC a bit after release. That said, I'm sure this probably only applies to Challenge maps as opposed to the story mode.

Oh, and one more thing:

Kevin Conroy will be voicing Batman in Arkham Origins

I never had any doubt. While there's never been a truly definitive cinematic version of Batman, there certainly has been in terms of animation and video games, and that's Mr. Conroy. It just wouldn't be right without him.

Latest posts

Back