Batman Beyond vs. Spider-Man Unlimited

Re: That Thread About Old Cartoons: "The kerium rush brought outlaws by the storm!"

Simpsons did it.

Everything's a rip-off of everything else. It's a matter of whether they manage to distinguish themselves and carve out an identity in the long-game.

Bingo.

But from what I understand, Spider-Man Unlmited was more (not very good) space opera, while Batman Beyond was more (also not very good) cyberpunk.

Batman Beyond was great. You suck.

Anyway, whatever about the story; the cosmetic similarities can't be denied. Spider-Man Unlimited premiered a mere couple of months after Batman Beyond, it opened with an edgy, synth-rock theme tune and a montage of chaotic images and it was a story where Spidey wore a hi-tech suit that made him even more powerful, he could turn invisible and he was in a planet where there were flying cars?

You can't deny a brother's claims.

Batman DID rip off the Shadow and Captain Marvel DID rip off Superman. (If I'm going off-topic, I'm quite happy to make a thread about this).
I think we're connotating 'rip-off' quite differently.

On purely technical terms I agree with you on that. But the idea of a derogatory connotation that other people here are attaching to 'rip-off' is something I can't agree with.

Either way, derivative latitude is necessary to the furtherance of a creative culture.

Latest posts

Back