Batman/Superman news and rumors

Any studio in WB's position would be doing the same thing. Marvel's movies are making billions, so of course WB is going to push through it's comic book properties. I don't think WB/DC's cause is as lost as everyone seems to be making it out to be. Man of Steel wasn't a game changer but all of the actors in it were great, and it had moments of brilliance. In terms of quality, it's right up there with a majority of the Marvel Studios movies. The things that make me worry the most about WB's DCU is the continued presence of Snyder and their (seemingly) insistence on making their universe realistic/dark. I wish they'd get someone like Brad Bird to do Justice League, when they get there, but I'm sure it will be Snyder.

Any studio in WB's position would be doing the same thing. Marvel's movies are making billions, so of course WB is going to push through it's comic book properties. I don't think WB/DC's cause is as lost as everyone seems to be making it out to be. Man of Steel wasn't a game changer but all of the actors in it were great, and it had moments of brilliance. In terms of quality, it's right up there with a majority of the Marvel Studios movies. The things that make me worry the most about WB's DCU is the continued presence of Snyder and their (seemingly) insistence on making their universe realistic/dark. I wish they'd get someone like Brad Bird to do Justice League, when they get there, but I'm sure it will be Snyder.

Well said, echoes my feelings exactly.

This is already a better Batman vs Superman:

[video=youtube;nYCVnWStLrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCVnWStLrg[/video]

:lol:

Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman inspired by All-Star Superman Lex?

Interesting article. Hoping its true, would be a great way of translating the character by using a phenomenal comic as the inspiration.

Also, there does seem to be a possibility that the Arrow and upcoming Flash TV shows will indeed tie into the DC films. According to the article it's dependent on how well-received the actor playing Barry Allen/Flash is...if the show doesn't do well they'll recast the role and I presume that means the series won't be linked to the films.

It also states that both Flash and Wonder Woman will appear in the film, but not in costume. We'll see Barry Allen and Diana, but not their costumed hero identities.

Interesting article. I'm starting to think that the actresses that they've been auditioning lately aren't up for Wonder Woman, but for a different role (Talia perhaps). I know that the role is described as the female lead, which seems to exclude Wonder Woman if she is in fact just a cameo.

I also thought it was interesting that Purefoy was contacted about Lex. It's somewhat reassuring, as a lot of the names I've heard tossed about for the part seem a bit too old for my taste. Lex should definitely be older than Superman, but still more or less in his physical prime.

I'm getting bad vibes about this movie. I thought the first one was decent, with room for improvement, but it feels like they are making a string of terrible choices. I'm find with Batman, but Wonder Woman too seems much. Hopefully whatever they decide to do works, but it feels like they're trying to compete with Marvel by throwing everything out at the same time. The fact that Snyder seems to behind the wheel of the DC movie universe is frightening as well.

Last edited:
but Wonder Woman too seems much.

AND Doomsday.

Hopefully whatever they decide to do works, but it feels like they're trying to compete with Marvel by throwing everything out at the same time.

Or copy Marvel. Marvel is horrendous when it comes to cramming in multiple villains and extra crap that bogs down the story.

I'm not too happy with this casting. It could work, but I would have preferred someone with more presence and physicality. I watched the Fast and the Furious movies that she is in, and I forgot all about her character. For me, this casting is far more troubling than Affleck as Batman.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90959

Apparently Flash and "several other JL members" will also be featured in this movie. I really hope that Wonder Woman and Flash are cameos, and are saved for the very end of the movie, but I get the impression that isn't the case. The fact that the announced Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman so far in advance makes me think that she'll have a fairly prominent role in the movie.

Does anyone know how the CW Flash TV series ties in with the DC movie universe? I had read that it had no connection, and that WB was actually working on a Flash movie for 2016, but I haven't really heard of anything recently.

AND Doomsday.

Doomsday would make a certain amount of sense to me. It seems likely that they'd include some villain for Batman and Superman to fight (in addition to Lex Luthor, presumably). I'd rather have Metallo, but if they had Doomsday it wouldn't annoy me nearly as much as them including Wonder Woman does.

Or copy Marvel. Marvel is horrendous when it comes to cramming in multiple villains and extra crap that bogs down the story.

At least it seems like Marvel has a plan and is following it. It seems like WB is just throwing everything they can think of into this movie, hoping that it will compete with Marvel.

The news about this movie recently is really depressing and worrying me. I'm starting to think a good live action DC universe is a lost cause.

Last edited:
I'm not too happy with this casting. It could work, but I would have preferred someone with more presence and physicality. I watched the Fast and the Furious movies that she is in, and I forgot all about her character. For me, this casting is far more troubling than Affleck as Batman.

Eh, I'll wait and give her the benefit of the doubt. She is far too thin currently to pass as Wonder Woman, but I'm sure they'll have her pump up her muscles for the role... least I hope so, else it's just not going to be right. Personally I'd have liked to see Gina Carano in the role since she is beautiful but also physically perfect for the role in terms of her body, plus already has actual and extensive fight training (from being a female UFC fighter). We'll see how it works out.

However, I'm assuming they were impressed with her audition, and I liked their casting of Cavill as Superman, and I think Affleck as Batman could be interesting, so I'm hoping they know what they're doing in terms of the casting.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=90959 Apparently Flash and "several other JL members" will also be featured in this movie. I really hope that Wonder Woman and Flash are cameos, and are saved for the very end of the movie, but I get the impression that isn't the case. The fact that the announced Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman so far in advance makes me think that she'll have a fairly prominent role in the movie. Does anyone know how the CW Flash TV series ties in with the DC movie universe? I had read that it had no connection, and that WB was actually working on a Flash movie for 2016, but I haven't really heard of anything recently.

According to the producers of Arrow and Flash the TV shows and movie universe are separate. I wish they did tie in, but it seems not, least not currently.

Doomsday would make a certain amount of sense to me. It seems likely that they'd include some villain for Batman and Superman to fight (in addition to Lex Luthor, presumably). I'd rather have Metallo, but if they had Doomsday it wouldn't annoy me nearly as much as them including Wonder Woman does. At least it seems like Marvel has a plan and is following it. It seems like WB is just throwing everything they can think of into this movie, hoping that it will compete with Marvel. The news about this movie recently is really depressing and worrying me. I'm starting to think a good live action DC universe is a lost cause.

I tend to agree, but I can see a certain logic in DC including Wonder Woman in this film, as a way of introducing this movie version to a wide audience and hopefully getting a positive enough reaction for her to get her own solo
film. At least DC, in that case, will beat Marvel to the punch in terms of having a solo female super hero film in their universe. Of course that doesn't bode entirely well in terms of along good films as opposed to pandering.

I'm hopeful the WW casting turns out to be good. Doomsday however .... I feel that should be in a superman film with no other heroes (until his death then we can see their reactions for cameos) as the Doomsday first story was just as big one vs one brawl. I think having WW , Batman or anyother heroes involved too seems kinda silly. Plus Doomsday now is a bad idea. Superman has had 1 movie with Zod. We need to see Lex in a film on his own first at least. The reason is we cared about the death because of Lex's involvement and because this was hero for years.

IMO Doomsday should be like movie 4 or 5

This movie already reeks of desperation and even if I had a passing interest in it before I wouldn't now.

I'm hopeful the WW casting turns out to be good. Doomsday however .... I feel that should be in a superman film with no other heroes (until his death then we can see their reactions for cameos) as the Doomsday first story was just as big one vs one brawl. I think having WW , Batman or anyother heroes involved too seems kinda silly. Plus Doomsday now is a bad idea. Superman has had 1 movie with Zod. We need to see Lex in a film on his own first at least. The reason is we cared about the death because of Lex's involvement and because this was hero for years.

IMO Doomsday should be like movie 4 or 5

I agree that this should have been a Superman only movie. Man of Steel was ok, and at the end of the movie seemed to be setting everything in place for the Superman we all know (Clark Kent being a reporter at the Daily Planet), but now I have no idea what they're going to do. Like I said, I can kind of see them doing a good sequel to Man of Steel with Batman too (even though I'd prefer Batman not be involved), but this just seems like too many heroes. I hope this movie is good, but I'm starting to worry that it's shaping up to be a train wreck.

Do you think that there's any chance that they'll have Doomsday kill Superman in this film, possibly setting him up to come back in JL? It would make a certain sense given all the rumored cameos (maybe they'll only be in a funeral scene). That said, I doubt it. It seems unlikely that WB would kill one of their big 2 leading up to Justice Leauge, and this would require WB to do advance planning, which they seem unable to do.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=91050

I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt. I'm fine with a Black Lex Luthor. The thing that has me worried is a "United Nations" Justice League. To be blunt, it sounds pretty dumb.

Last edited:
There's a new rumor from Batman on Film saying:

E-mail Question: How big of a role do you think Wonder Woman will be in BvS?

JETT SAYS: Personally, I'd say it'll be about on par with Scarlett Johansson's first appearance as Black Widow in IRON MAN 2. I believe that it's a cameo-plus type of role that will (hopefully) serve as a springboard to a solo Wonder Woman movie.

With all that said, I'd bet a year's pay – in MONOPOLY money, of course – that the "Amazons" of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those "ancient Kryptonians" who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries. And since Kryptonians are produced without any "He'n and She'n" – Jor El and Lara excluded – couldn't this original Kryptonian on Earth have used this reproductive science to create an all-female race? I say yes!

There's a new rumor from Batman on Film saying: E-mail Question: How big of a role do you think Wonder Woman will be in BvS? JETT SAYS: Personally, I’d say it’ll be about on par with Scarlett Johansson’s first appearance as Black Widow in IRON MAN 2. I believe that it’s a cameo-plus type of role that will (hopefully) serve as a springboard to a solo Wonder Woman movie. With all that said, I’d bet a year’s pay – in MONOPOLY money, of course – that the “Amazons” of this cinematic DCU will be descendants of those “ancient Kryptonians” who attempted to set up Kryptonian outposts throughout spacedom thousands and thousands of years ago. Furthermore, I say that Wonder Woman will be powered-down, if you will, relative to Superman because these Amazons have evolved and adapted to living on Earth for hundreds of centuries. And since Kryptonians are produced without any “He’n and She’n” – Jor El and Lara excluded – couldn’t this original Kryptonian on Earth have used this reproductive science to create an all-female race? I say yes!

That's pretty interesting (regarding the theoretical origin of the Amazons in the DCCU).

The Man of Steel prequel comic (that was written or co-written by Goyer) did feature a story with Kara (Supergirl) crash-landing on Earth 18,000 years before modern day, and a figure walking away from the crashed ship (which Clark finds in the movie and learns of his heritage). The figure could either be Kara or the "bad guy" Kryptonian who was killing the other ship members. It's likely Kara, and her being responsible for breeding Kryptonians on Earth (and them slowly being de powered due to Earth's atmosphere), is a pretty cool approach.

Hope that's true.

It is a stupid idea. But then again, it's not like there's been anything good reported/rumored for this movie (story wise).

Latest posts

Back