Batman: The Brave and the Bold (series discussion)

I just watched STARRO THE CONQUEROR! parts 1 and 2, not my favorite episodes but it was pretty decent. There were some good Booster Gold moments, and Firestorm got some more face time. Also, Gleek (the Wonder Twins' blue monkey) was stuffed in the Faceless Hunter's trophy room :lol:.

EDIT: Also, according to wikipedia it was announced at SDCC that season three will be the last season, so that sucks. However, this is so they can make a new Batman cartoon, so that's good.

Last edited:
EDIT: Also, according to wikipedia it was announced at SDCC that season three will be the last season, so that sucks. However, this is so they can make a new Batman cartoon, so that's good.

There's still one season left, so that's good.

Also, they've got a crossover with Scooby-Doo coming up, using the incarnation from the new show that just came out.

There's still one season left, so that's good.

Also, they've got a crossover with Scooby-Doo coming up, using the incarnation from the new show that just came out.

Scooby is going to be in one segment, and it's going to be three separate stories with different incarnations of Batman.

I need to start watching this show again. ComicsAlliance has me excited.

I watched THE LAST PATROL, guest starring the Doom Patrol. I really liked it, the cold opening had Batgirl, and the villains were great (Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man is probably one of the weirdest villains I've ever seen). The ending surprised me but made sense when I wiki'd the Doom Patrol.

I liked "The Mask of Matches Malone". The plot is actually simple but the Birds of Prey really made the episode gold. Loved the interaction and tension between them especially with Catwoman who subs Oracle, as she is still Batgirl in this continuity, and their theme song filled with double-entendres.

A buddy and I were talking about this show the other day and we both decided that as far as quality is concerned this may be the best Batman cartoon ever made. They handled everything maturely and the lack of irony (which is how you do the best camp) elevated everything up. You really cared about the characters and everything was surprisingly fleshed out. They believed in the source material, were very respectful of it, and loved it so it felt like it was made by Batman fans for the die-hard Batman fans. The sheer amount of fan service is overwhelming and the DC universe was very much alive. It also made a really good counterweight to the dark, over-serious, and angst ridden Nolan films. All around it was just a really damn good show. Also it totally had this.

[video=youtube;fAFP0IoMfsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAFP0IoMfsA[/video]

Latest posts

Back