Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined)

By the way Leather, did you catch Friday's episode "Pegasus"? I ended up going out so I missed it. If you did, did it include any timeline references so I can update this? Anyway, here's the updated timeline :

Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series, Part 1 Day 1
Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series, Part 2 Day 1

33 Day 6
Water Day 10
Bastille Day Day 12
Act of Contrition Day 14
You Can't Go Home Again Day 15
Litmus Day 17
Six Degrees of Separation Day 24
Flesh and Bone Day 25
Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down Day 28
The Hand of God Day 36
Colonial Day Day 46
Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 1 Day 50
Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 2 Day 51

Scattered Day 51
Valley of Darkness Day 51
Fragged Day 51
Resistance Day 52
The Farm Day 60
Home, Part 1 Day 64
Home, Part 2 Day 66
Final Cut Day 75
Flight of the Phoenix Day 86
Pegasus Day 87
Resurrection Ship
Epiphanies
Black Market
Sacrifice

Battlestar Galactica #1

Last edited:
Irish -

First off - you rock with the timeline.

I did see Pegasus and it seems to take place right after the Phoenix episode ended. I don't recall any time references (kick me!). They do talk about the "Laura" during the Episode.

I expect 211 to end the same as the original series arc did - with the Pegasus doing a kamikazi on the giant Basestar.

leather_w0lf said:
Irish -

First off - you rock with the timeline.

I did see Pegasus and it seems to take place right after the Phoenix episode ended. I don't recall any time references (kick me!). They do talk about the "Laura" during the Episode.

I expect 211 to end the same as the original series arc did - with the Pegasus doing a kamikazi on the giant Basestar.

Gotcha, thanks Leather, updated the timeline.

Boston.com picks BSG re-imagined as #2 Sci-Fi TV show of all time

Star Trek was #1, of course.

Here's the article:

Battlestar Galactica came in second in the Boston.coms Top 50 SciFi Shows and considering it's only in it's second season, that's pretty frakkin' good.
Here's an outtake:
Number 2
'Battlestar Galactica' (New)
The new 'Battlestar Galactica' just barely missed the number 1 spot due to its newbie status in the sci-fi genre. However, this is easily on track to becoming Number 1 due to its great writing and a wonderful vision by executive producer Ronald D. Moore. The show is a modern-day remake of its 1970s predecessory but features more compelling story plots, a darker tone and surprising twists and turns in almost every episode.

leather_w0lf said:
Star Trek was #1, of course.

Here's the article:

Battlestar Galactica came in second in the Boston.coms Top 50 SciFi Shows and considering it's only in it's second season, that's pretty frakkin' good.
Here's an outtake:
Number 2
'Battlestar Galactica' (New)
The new 'Battlestar Galactica' just barely missed the number 1 spot due to its newbie status in the sci-fi genre. However, this is easily on track to becoming Number 1 due to its great writing and a wonderful vision by executive producer Ronald D. Moore. The show is a modern-day remake of its 1970s predecessory but features more compelling story plots, a darker tone and surprising twists and turns in almost every episode.

Thats awesome news. I can't say enough about this show. Seriously, if you haven't check it out, go rent the Season 1 collection from Blockbuster or something and tell me it didn't blow you away. Its a great show. PERIOD.

Companion Book

Science Fiction Buzz had this posting today:

Battlesar Galactica Companion book is now available

This isn't in bookstores yet, but the online retailers are now selling and shipping the new book:

Battlestar Galactica is back! The brand new, 're-imagined' version of the cult 1970s series has quickly become the most critically acclaimed SF show on TV, with massive viewing figures to match. With its classy ensemble cast, including Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell, its cutting edge special effects, superb production design and gritty, adult-oriented scripts, the new Battlestar Galactica is being hailed as both a worthy successor to a classic original, and a stunning piece of television in its own right.
Titan Books have been on set from the beginning, and now proudly present the official companion, packed with exclusive interviews, photos, behind the scenes secrets, and a complete episode guide to the mini-series and first season.

While at my creative writer's meeting last night, I was informed that 211 won't end like I assumed, with the Pegasus doing a kamikaze run at the huge Basestar. Apparently, the recovering #6 kills Cain somehow in a revenge attack in 211. From the other spoilers I've seen, it's evident that Adama gets a "promotion" to Admiral. The Pegasus is going to be part of the fleet for how long?

leather_w0lf said:
While at my creative writer's meeting last night, I was informed that 211 won't end like I assumed, with the Pegasus doing a kamikaze run at the huge Basestar. Apparently, the recovering #6 kills Cain somehow in a revenge attack in 211. From the other spoilers I've seen, it's evident that Adama gets a "promotion" to Admiral. The Pegasus is going to be part of the fleet for how long?

I remember hearing that. We'll see how it goes...in January. :(

Damn them TV series and their cliffhangers.

But in a satisfying way it kind of makes me feel like I'm reading an Ultimates comic (eg: Ultimate Nightmare, Ultimate Secret . . . need I say more?).

leather_w0lf said:
Damn them TV series and their cliffhangers.

But in a satisfying way it kind of makes me feel like I'm reading an Ultimates comic (eg: Ultimate Nightmare, Ultimate Secret . . . need I say more?).

Very true. More good news is the ongoing comic books based on the new series is supposed to be coming out sometime soon, though I haven't heard any news on it in awhile. I'm wondering where they're going to place it timeline-wise comparable to the show. Most likely during the second season, or possibly even between Seasons 2 and 3 (assuming S2 doesn't end on a cliffhanger, which it most likely will). Anyway, I still have to pick up the new Season 1 collection, but am not sure if I should. Now that I learned the English version of the show features material that was cut for the US version, I'm wondering if I should hold off for the inevitable "uncut"/"director's cut" version that will undoubtedly be out before too long. Someone told me the $70.00 version of Season 1 available at Blockbuster might be the uncut version of S1, but I haven't been able to find much info about it.

As long as Richard Hatch isn't tapped to write anything for the comic, I'll buy it. Ever read any of his Galactica books? How bad are they? An Englishman would call them bland, tedious and pretentious.

leather_w0lf said:
As long as Richard Hatch isn't tapped to write anything for the comic, I'll buy it. Ever read any of his Galactica books? How bad are they? An Englishman would call them bland, tedious and pretentious.

No never read them but I'd heard they sucked. I forget who's writing this series, but its a well-known name I remember and its based off the new series, so that makes it that much more interesting. Its also an on-going, so I'm wondering how its going to fit into the pre-established show timeline.

Second half of Season 2 spoilers

This info has shown up . . .

Both Helo and Tyrol survive 211. They are rescued by Lee.

Helo is alive up to 215, but after that..............

There will be yet more revelations about new Cylons in the second half of the season. One of the main cast may be one.

All hell breaks loose around 216/217, as the big story arc for the season finale kicks off.

Lucy Lawless will back for more episodes in the latter half of season two

Trek BBS board was the rumour that Dana Delaney has a guest role, possibly in episode 215, playing Sesha.

Re: Second half of Season 2 spoilers

leather_w0lf said:
This info has shown up . . .

Both Helo and Tyrol survive 211. They are rescued by Lee.

Helo is alive up to 215, but after that..............

There will be yet more revelations about new Cylons in the second half of the season. One of the main cast may be one.

All hell breaks loose around 216/217, as the big story arc for the season finale kicks off.

Lucy Lawless will back for more episodes in the latter half of season two

Trek BBS board was the rumour that Dana Delaney has a guest role, possibly in episode 215, playing Sesha.

Cool, thanks for the info Leather!

Here's the first 5 episodes of the second half of Season 2:

Resurrection Ship
Epiphanies
Black Market
Sacrifice
The Captain's Hand

Maybe we can speculate a bit based off the titles and what news we hear about them. Also, still heard nothing new on the ongoing comic book.

I'm just hoping that Dana Delaney does indeed show up.

She's been the topic of dirty thoughts in my brain for 15 or so years.

And she's getting hotter as she gets older!!!

Or is it that I'm getting old?

I will tell you this: I saw the original Battlestar Galactica theatrical release in Ontario when I was 11.

Latest posts

Back