Beast Wars

Because it's juvenile, the voices are terrible, the animation is ugly, the story is confusing. . .

Armada is the only Transformers cartoon I was ever properly familiar with, because it was on so recently. I used to watch it with my brother. Yes, the animation is ugly and I never really understood what was going on, but I thought all animé was supposed to be like that? Besides, I really like the main character's spikey hairstyle. :lol:

Armada is the only Transformers cartoon I was ever properly familiar with, because it was on so recently. I used to watch it with my brother. Yes, the animation is ugly and I never really understood what was going on, but I thought all animé was supposed to be like that? Besides, I really like the main character's spikey hairstyle. :lol:

Was it anime? I thought it was American style imitating anime.

The story wasn't confusing if you watched it in order.

As for the animation I don't think it was any more ugly than any other anime (In other words it looked cool)

Oh and joe you said "voices are terrible" You do realise Optimus = same as Beast Wars , Megatron = same as beast wars , Jetfire = same guy who voiced Dinobot . And more are from beast wars so are you saying either a) Beast wars had horrible voices or b) just a couple of amarda did e.g the kids?

Was it anime? I thought it was American style imitating anime.

No it was Japanese dubbed.

Last edited:
Oh and joe you said "voices are terrible" You do realise Optimus = same as Beast Wars , Megatron = same as beast wars , Jetfire = same guy who voiced Dinobot . And more are from beast wars so are you saying either a) Beast wars had horrible voices or b) just a couple of amarda did e.g the kids?

Yeah, I knew Optimus was the same. The kids are just grating to begin with, but all the robots you didn't mention were awful too. I don't even know their names to tell you which ones in particular.

Yeah, I knew Optimus was the same. The kids are just grating to begin with, but all the robots you didn't mention were awful too. I don't even know their names to tell you which ones in particular.

Ok , fair enough , I just wondered if people had actually watched it or watched in order. But it's cool I'll let it go as we are getting off topic

Ok , fair enough , I just wondered if people had actually watched it or watched in order. But it's cool I'll let it go as we are getting off topic

In the interest of fairness, I didn't watch it anywhere near in order. BUt it is a failing of the show if you can't just jump in anywhere and not be entirely befuddled.

Anyways, I just watched the first episode fo Beast Wars. I'll probably wtach a bunch more tonight at work. Now that's a good show.

I did see a few episodes of armada, I cant recall much about it but I distinctly remember watching and thinking "this is gay". So I watched a few clips on youtube to refresh my memory why it sucked. I saw a good part of the whole Unicorn thing and it sucked balls. I mean Unicorn being powered by hatred? Gay. And even though the voice acting was the same as Beast Wars they lacked proper direction and dialogue. And why must they always add in some kids that even though they are nothing but a huge liability and really do nothing, they are important for some reason. Characters are broadly drawn, dialogue sucks, plot is stupid, animation boring. Overall: sucks.

I watched the first two episodes of Beast Wars today. If you made a drinking game out of how many times Megatron ends a sentence in "yes" or Optimus calls soemthing "prime" you'd be wasted halfway through the first episode.

Some it was pretty cheesy, all the characters one after another stop in the middle of battle to announce they're transforming, Optimus announcing they'll battle on Earth and that the battle "will be called Beast Wars!"

But I remember the show being awesome and these first tqo episodes were pretty good regardless, so I'll probably finish the whole series, provided the links all hold up.

I watched the first two episodes of Beast Wars today. If you made a drinking game out of how many times Megatron ends a sentence in "yes" or Optimus calls soemthing "prime" you'd be wasted halfway through the first episode.

I remember one episode where Black Arachnia asks Megatron why he alway talks to himself.:lol:

In reference to the earlier discussion about Armada, I was eleven or twelve when the show first came out, so to me it was pretty cool. But I'm sure it was really crap. I had Optimus, the space shuttle guy, and Unicron. I never really figured how to transform Unicron though.

I'm also unashamed to admit that when I first got into comics, I totally read the Armada comic.
Like I told you in the Chat Joe, if you want Megatron to stop saying "Yes" all the time, you should get your hands out of his pants.

I've been watching the first season in order online until I can get the DVDs and I'd almost forgotten just how good it is.

The storylines are all home-runs, and the show's fight scenes are some of the best in any series.

Dinobot is also one of the best television characters ever, and the rest of the cast isn't far behind. I just finished the episode where they activate Blackarachnia so the series is really taking off. Can't wait to watch more.

I've been watching the first season in order online until I can get the DVDs and I'd almost forgotten just how good it is.

The storylines are all home-runs, and the show's fight scenes are some of the best in any series.

Dinobot is also one of the best television characters ever, and the rest of the cast isn't far behind. I just finished the episode where they activate Blackarachnia so the series is really taking off. Can't wait to watch more.

My favourite episode = when the wasp guy (Waspinator If i remember right ) Got took over by the ghost of starscream. Only beacuse starscream has always been my favourite

Dinobot is also one of the best television characters ever, and the rest of the cast isn't far behind.

Definitely, and what's amazing is Rattrap could have been a completely horrible and annoying character but they made him work. Also the group dynamics were really great. These guys arent like "let work together, Yay!" they are constantly bickering with one another. Truely this is greatness

I really want a revamped Beast Wars CGI series using the logic of the Transformers movie. So instead of naming them animals, have them as Starscream and Prowl and whatnot. And have their animal forms quite metallic (sort of like the Transmetals, but better) so you can tell that they actually are robots.

Latest posts

Back