Beast Wars

I really want a revamped Beast Wars CGI series using the logic of the Transformers movie. So instead of naming them animals, have them as Starscream and Prowl and whatnot. And have their animal forms quite metallic (sort of like the Transmetals, but better) so you can tell that they actually are robots.

I wouldn't mind a new cgi show BUT not beast wars. I would like a cgi almost like what the new "clone wars" series looks like but with cars and planes and pretty much a series that uses Movie look but the stories are more like the cartoons

"Gorilla Warfare" on the site I'm watching these on(you know the one) stopped playing at a certain point and I can't seem to fix it. This happened with another episode too but I just closed that one and restarted it and it worked. Anybody else having this problem?

I always thought Rhinox was second in command, but when Prime's out he puts Rattrap in charge. It's weird, because Rattrap never really showed any ability or inclination toward leadership.

I always thought Rhinox was second in command, but when Prime's out he puts Rattrap in charge. It's weird, because Rattrap never really showed any ability or inclination toward leadership.

And he's a rat. I wouldn't trust him.

Rhinox is the science officer and doesn't ever seem interested in leadership decisions. Cheetor's too impulsive and Dinobot, although he'd make a great leader depending on the situation, is too ruthless. None of them other than Optimus would make great leaders yet, but Rattrap has the least holding him back from being one.

Rhinox is the science officer and doesn't ever seem interested in leadership decisions. Cheetor's too impulsive and Dinobot, although he'd make a great leader depending on the situation, is too ruthless. None of them other than Optimus would make great leaders yet, but Rattrap has the least holding him back from being one.

Though, Rhinox has stepped up to the plate on at least one occasion (first episode second season).

I really want a revamped Beast Wars CGI series using the logic of the Transformers movie. So instead of naming them animals, have them as Starscream and Prowl and whatnot. And have their animal forms quite metallic (sort of like the Transmetals, but better) so you can tell that they actually are robots.

I'd like them to re-do the CGI with more modern technology aswell, and maybe create a few new episodes (things that happened between episodes).

But the point of them having animal forms was to shelter them from energon radiation, which didn't effect organic material. See, prehistoric Earth had raw energon crystals that made it impossible for any Transformer to exist on it's terrain for too long. By the time the transmetal forms came along, most of the energon was detonated, allowing all of them to function indefinitely in their robot modes.

Heh, ruthless or not, the Beast Wars would had been over faster if Dinobot was in charge!

Last edited:
[youtube]9hJkvwoddxY&feature=related[/youtube]

I'll post my deeper thoughts on the series later.

So yeah. This is without a doubt the best incarnation of Transformers. I grew up with it and to me, Megatron will always be a Machivellian mastermind who could still be a great villain when hanging out with a rubber ducky. Seriously, the guy's one of my favorite villains ever. The scene where he gloats madly to the Maximals as the universe collapses around them still gives me chills. The fact that the universe is collapsing because Megatron caused a time paradox by shooting Optimus Prime in the face is just icing on the cake. Heck, one of the major reasons I got into Animated was because I thought it was bascially G1 with Beast Wars' approach to characterization and storytelling.

But then, Animated's Optimus Prime is basically Optimus Primal with an inferiority complex and the voice of David Kaye. Ironic.

Also, maybe it's because I actually was a kid, but Cheetor was the one kid appeal character I loved.

(Sorry for going a bit off topic. Animated's finale is tomorrow, I have trouble thinking about anything else, and I wanted to contribute something no one else had before.)

Last edited:
Beast Wars (always sounds weird typing that for me as it was called Beasties up here) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All other Transformer lines

So yeah. This is without a doubt the best incarnation of Transformers. I grew up with it and to me, Megatron will always be a Machivellian mastermind who could still be a great villain when hanging out with a rubber ducky. Seriously, the guy's one of my favorite villains ever. The scene where he gloats madly to the Maximals as the universe collapses around them still gives me chills. The fact that the universe is collapsing because Megatron caused a time paradox by shooting Optimus Prime in the face is just icing on the cake. Heck, one of the major reasons I got into Animated was because I thought it was bascially G1 with Beast Wars' approach to characterization and storytelling.

But then, Animated's Optimus Prime is basically Optimus Primal with an inferiority complex and the voice of David Kaye. Ironic.

Also, maybe it's because I actually was a kid, but Cheetor was the one kid appeal character I loved.

(Sorry for going a bit off topic. Animated's finale is tomorrow, I have trouble thinking about anything else, and I wanted to contribute something no one else had before.)
Word, it's just a top shelf great show
Beast Wars (always sounds weird typing that for me as it was called Beasties up here) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All other Transformer lines

Beasties? ... damn Canadians

Beasties? Beasties! :lol:

You can never say anything bad about NZ again.

Latest posts

Back