Betty Loves Fury?

Do you think that Nick Fury and Betty Ross are romantically involved now?

• Total voters
These are all the people who voted "yes":

Cheetatron
E.Vi.L.
Existence
fnord
Ice
Latari'sFighter
Lithium
MaxwellSmart
Murgh
PChmura
Random
Rhyo
robje
RUFUS!
SeAcoW
Synch
TyphoiDCAT
Ultimate MJ
vintsukka
Volunteer Fire Detective
Wamu

*points and laughs*

Its official, you all read too much into that panel...or totally misread it...one of the two.

These are all the people who voted "yes":

*points and laughs*

Its official, you all read too much into that panel...or totally misread it...one of the two.

Actually I misunderstood, the question was are they now in love with each other, I just think they could develope a relationship and that would prove interesting since Banner survives. I just think it was possible and the writers could do that if they wished. I was also thinking about when Fury offer Betty to have a drink after Banner's funeral it just Wouldnt be a big leap.

Last edited:
Or maybe you just missed the joke.

*points and laughs*

No, I see you.

Besides, I think we can all see through the ruse. You all actually thought Fury and Betty were getting "jiggy wit' it" due to that page, then began regretting your choice on this public poll. So, to smooth over your embarrassment, you claim you were joking. Sorry, ain't gonna fly. I'm seeing through you like freshly Windexed glass.

No, I see you.

Besides, I think we can all see through the ruse. You all actually thought Fury and Betty were getting "jiggy wit' it" due to that page, then began regretting your choice on this public poll. So, to smooth over your embarrassment, you claim you were joking. Sorry, ain't gonna fly. I'm seeing through you like freshly Windexed glass.

:|

I actually haven't read the thread, I voted yesterday. I don't have my back issues of the Ultimates with me, what page are we talking about?

We are talking about the events of Ultimates 2 #9, when the Triskelion's security and the ships surrounding them completely shut down and then Betty says "Nick?" and then grabs his hand. That's one panel. Another panel is when Betty yells out Nick when he loses a arm to the Liberator army descending on them. A couple if not one more of course show Betty "cradling" Nick as best as I can remember. Read the thread from the beginning if you have more questions.

But what about Joanie!?!?! Doesn't anyone care that she loves Chachi?

And no........I don't have anything else useful to contribute to this thread. :p

We are talking about the events of Ultimates 2 #9, when the Triskelion's security and the ships surrounding them completely shut down and then Betty says "Nick?" and then grabs his hand. That's one panel. Another panel is when Betty yells out Nick when he loses a arm to the Liberator army descending on them. A couple if not one more of course show Betty "cradling" Nick as best as I can remember. Read the thread from the beginning if you have more questions.
They held hands as the Hellicarrier was coming down on them. It was a beautiful moment that represented the humility of two of the most headstrong characters and the seriousness of the moment. But some other members of the site who I respect a lot and respect that they think differently than I, think that they're holding hands because that's what 1st graders do when they like each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I change my vote to yes?

If you look at the panel of them holding hands.....you'll notice that Fury's pinky is on the outside of the holding position. In many ancient Yugoslavian villages---this was a customary sign of canoodling.

I am awesome.

Dredged up for fun

From the 'Ultimates 2 HC', interview with Hitch and Millar:

MM:
"Did you see that little panel where Fury and Betty hold hands?"

BH:
"I should do; drew it. Are you paying attention to who you work with here?"

MM:
"From issue three we'd planted the seeds that she was secretly sleeping with Nick. He's an old friend of her father's and it was a little background thing we had in our heads, but never really made a big deal of. Offices always have secret relationships, and this was the secret in the SHIELD office. It also makes the Banner scenes in the previous issues a little more complex. Read them again with this in mind."

Wow - I enjoyed stirring the pot a little here months ago, the way I enjoy trying to convince people that professional wrestling is true, while not actually believing it. I have to admit - I didn't actually think it was true. Millar/Hitch, as a team, did not waste any panels, but I really thought this was more of a 'I am about to die, so I'll hold the hand of the random person next to me' moment than anything else.

The interview was interesting.

Its funny - my favourite 'DVD extras' in these volumes are the interviews that have never appeared anywhere else (like in the first Ultimates HC), not a re-printing of unused (but promo or internet posted) art.

err.. is it too late to vote 'yes'?

Last edited:
Wow, that's interesting. I actually can handle it and prefer it as a little subtle background thing. I think it'd would have felt too forced if it was a main plot.

Dredged up for fun

From the 'Ultimates 2 HC', interview with Hitch and Millar:

MM:
"Did you see that little panel where Fury and Betty hold hands?"

BH:
"I should do; drew it. Are you paying attention to who you work with here?"

MM:
"From issue three we'd planted the seeds that she was secretly sleeping with Nick. He's an old friend of her father's and it was a little background thing we had in our heads, but never really made a big deal of. Offices always have secret relationships, and this was the secret in the SHIELD office. It also makes the Banner scenes in the previous issues a little more complex. Read them again with this in mind."

Aw ****.

I must know what Fury does that is so kinky for Betty Ross to sleep with him.

I mean we're talking about a woman who considers cannibalism a turn-on.

I think the following people should be made 5-star generals in the army of comic-lovin' (or something)

Cheetatron, E.Vi.L., Existence, fnord, Ice, Latari'sFighter, Lithium, MaxwellSmart, MoS, Murgh, PChmura, Random, robje, RUFUS!, SeAcoW, Synch, thee great one, TyphoiDCAT, Ultimate MJ, vintsukka, Volunteer Fire Detective, Wamu

Testify, sisters!!
You were right! Congratulations, and my apologies for any internet indiscretions you may have sustained for your conviction! :)

Latest posts

Back