Betty Loves Fury?

Do you think that Nick Fury and Betty Ross are romantically involved now?

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
This is pissing me off so badly. On every single message board some idiot thinks that Fury and Betty are now romantically involved. Maybe I'm wrong about it and they are but I think it would be a terrible development. I don't see anything wrong with two people grabbing each other's hands when they're about to die.

So I ask you what do you guys think after seeing the panel in Ultimates 2 #9?

And if Millar has said anything about this please let us know.

No, they're not romantically involved. You see, the people who post that on message boards have never even touched a woman before, so they automatically think that holding a girl's hand means you're in love. Once they actually get somewhere with a woman and become a bit more cynical, I'm sure their answer will change.

DIrishB said:
No, they're not romantically involved. You see, the people who post that on message boards have never even touched a woman before, so they automatically think that holding a girl's hand means you're in love. Once they actually get somewhere with a woman and become a bit more cynical, I'm sure their answer will change.
That post was gold.

I presume they may have flirted once or twice, but I doubt it would get anything more than that.

ProjectX2 said:
I presume they may have flirted once or twice, but I doubt it would get anything more than that.

I doubt even that much happened, as I think Betty views Nick in sort of a fatherly-figure type way. Mainly because he took over the position her father held after his supposed death, and I think I remember reading Fury worked under General Ross for awhile before his temporary death.

I voted yes. Not necessarily what I wanna see touched on but I just figured Millar doesn't show us anything without a reason. There has to be something there.

DIrishB said:
Exactly.

To be fair, its not an impossibility at all even though its completely doubtful, but making that kind of judgment based on one panel with no other supporting evidence is just nuts.

Think about it, people! Obviously dangerous surprise attack just moments away. Red alert. Possibly the last chance to demonstrate ANY kind of affection -- romantic or otherwise -- for your loved ones. What are you gonna do? Seriously.

Even a battle-hardened s.o.b. like Fury -- perhaps the toughest mofo in the Ultimate Universe -- will invariably show a certain degree of vulnerability in that kind of situation. There's no doubt that a mutual care and concern exists between Betty and Fury. It makes perfect sense, given the established character dynamics. One simple hand-holding indicates basic affection. Nothing more.

Last edited:
vintsukka said:
I voted yes. Not necessarily what I wanna see touched on but I just figured Millar doesn't show us anything without a reason. There has to be something there.

I agree on that one.

I voted no. They just seem to gravitate towards each other in times of crisis because they are so familiar with each other, an example of this is after Banner's funeral they go out drinking. I have seen no scene in the comic which shows Betty over Banner's death and it just would not seem right for these two be together. I seriously do not think Fury could or want to be involved with anyone by virtue of his job.

i voted no.

mainly because i have a brain in my head.

It's not romantic love, but fatherly. Betty is the result of a passionate affair between Mrs General Ross and Nick Fury.

No, they're not romantically involved. She was holding his hand because she was scared and she's known Fury her entire life.

Although it'd be an interesting twist if she did, Millar would be off his rocker to do it.

I just don't see why they would have made that? Could have been Nick and some random girl holding hands and we all know from preveous books that Nick and Betty has a really good relationship.

vintsukka said:
The reason was to show the intensity of the situation. The biggest and best security force in the world was about to come crashing down.

Seacow said:
I just don't see why they would have made that? Could have been Nick and some random girl holding hands and we all know from preveous books that Nick and Betty has a really good relationship.
Betty would be at that little meeting. Not some random girl.

Iceman said:
i voted no.

mainly because i have a brain in my head.
Clearly you are the superior "Ice" on this site.

vintsukka said:

good point. that post was 100% gold. :)

Latest posts

Back