Betty Loves Fury?

Do you think that Nick Fury and Betty Ross are romantically involved now?

• Total voters
TheManWithoutFear said:
Ice, just admit you think that's what's going on. You said so when the comic first came out.
I said I think who thinks it would happen or something. I also said I wouldn't mind it happening.

TheManWithoutFear said:
.....I think this thread should be closed before I start hurting people. Because I feel if some of you live beyond this thread you might end up hurting yourselves.

Post of the Day!!!!!! :lol:

I had a great time not getting hurt by anyone, and I'm confident I won't hurt myself! :)

BTW I'm not a front-runner (I'm not clever enough), but I'm not sure if I'm a smotherer or a smotheree???

Smother-ER
Smother-EE
Smother-a-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha (Insert musical notes)

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Some member of Comixfan took a look at this argument and said:

Amusing.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Some member of Comixfan took a look at this argument and said:

Some things I can safely assume about that person:

1.) They like stupid plot points/character development and therefore support this idea

which leads to #2

2.) They liked most of Chuck Austen's work

3.) They know absolutely nothing about realistic emotional responses and the reasons behind them

4.) They're a virgin

which leads to #5

5.) They're the stereotypical comic fan: a virgin (as mentioned above), at least 30 years old and still living at home with their parents, and smells like sweat and cheese.

you know what. i think all of you guys are simply afraid of a successful interracial couple.

you guys are *******s.

I hope the answer is no, before i Thought it was no, but you see, using a whole panel with a extreme close in their hand...well that has to mean something. Not even if it is to show how he is like a father to her or something like that. They wouldn't make that panel withouth something in their heads....Millar is no Bendis.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I hope the answer is no, before i Thought it was no, but you see, using a whole panel with a extreme close in their hand...well that has to mean something. Not even if it is to show how he is like a father to her or something like that. They wouldn't make that panel withouth something in their heads....Millar is no Bendis.

The something was an examination of their emotional response...oh my God why are people making more of this than it is. At NO POINT did Fury or Betty show even the slightest interest in each other, EVER, and then all of a sudden, because they looked for a small amount of solace in what they thought was their last few seconds alive, people think they have a thing for each other...no, it doesn't work that way.

I don't understand why that panel, which certainly did mean something, has to mean they're in love? Thats retarded.

I mean seriously, you people who think something is going on between them are taking some things and making so much bigger a deal than they are. I'm willing to bet (money, bragging rights/pride) there is, nor will be, any relationship between the two. And then, sometime around the middle of next year when Ultimates 2 finally wraps up, I'm going to point and laugh at you all who think something was there between Fury and Betty.

I'm debating if I really want to go head to head with this comixboard member and get banned. I agree with DIrishB and I'll take it a step further on some pathetic poor soul who doesn't realize who he's arguing with, the most stubborn son of a ***** on comic book messageboards.

Bluto said:
Whose with me!? AHHHHHH!!
*running out of the room alone*

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm debating if I really want to go head to head with this comixboard member and get banned.

Let it go. There are sooooo many better things to get banned over...to get banned over this would just be lame.

DIrishB said:
The something was an examination of their emotional response...oh my God why are people making more of this than it is. At NO POINT did Fury or Betty show even the slightest interest in each other, EVER, and then all of a sudden, because they looked for a small amount of solace in what they thought was their last few seconds alive, people think they have a thing for each other...no, it doesn't work that way.

I don't understand why that panel, which certainly did mean something, has to mean they're in love? Thats retarded.

I mean seriously, you people who think something is going on between them are taking some things and making so much bigger a deal than they are. I'm willing to bet (money, bragging rights/pride) there is, nor will be, any relationship between the two. And then, sometime around the middle of next year when Ultimates 2 finally wraps up, I'm going to point and laugh at you all who think something was there between Fury and Betty.

You really are mad with all the ppl who thinks Betty loves Fury eh? And as i said, i don't know if she loves him or not, maybe its just like a paternal way, you don't need to unleash armageddon in me.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
You really are mad with all the ppl who thinks Betty loves Fury eh? And as i said, i don't know if she loves him or not, maybe its just like a paternal way, you don't need to unleash armageddon in me.

Its not that I'm mad with them specifically, just their short-sightedness. And if you're saying he might love her in a paternal way, I would agree with that. I'm speaking romantically, and am saying that will just not happen. I think its insulting to Millar's abilities for people to even think he'll go in this direction. There are really no reasons for it, and no clues for it (the hand-holding certainly isn't an indication of romantic interest as I've repeated a thousand times already, nor is Betty's concern for Nick after he loses an arm), and there are many reasons NOT to do it. Which I've also mentioned a thousand times.

Let me put it this way, say my mother and I are flying in a plane somewhere together and the plane's engines give out. If one of us grabs the other's hand, knowing we're going to die, do you think that means we're romantically in love? Hell no it doesn't. It just means we realize this is the end, and just that small act of touching someone's hand, or hugging them, etc helps you in some small way feel less alone...because trust me, no one wants to die feeling or being alone. The same could be said about a stranger I was sitting next to on the plane. We wouldn't even know each other but still not want to die without feeling some human connection.

Its really quite simple to me and many others what Millar was trying to show with those panels, and it wasn't a romantic interest. I've illustrated exactly what he was trying to show already, so now all those who say he doesn't show something for nothing can realize thats not the case here. It was an emotional undertone, but one not involving romance. End of story.

I think the point of the 'hand-holding panel' was to draw attention to Nick's hand and arm - just in case we had forgotten he had one.... and WHAT an arm - all manly and 'Betty-grabbin'. And just when I was beginning to love that hand and that arm, that I had heretofore ignored in all my ignore-y ignorance, Millar took it from me.

Damn him!

It wasn't even some 'big name' that took it, like 'Ultimate Big Wheel' or an Ultimized version of that NFL-guy (that Bendis will probably do, and Card will say his whole body is really a football, and that's why he always gets kicked).

No - it was some no-name red-shirt from the original Star Trek

I loved that arm, and now all I have to remember it is that panel.

I'm gonna go get this issue CCG'ed, so I won't have to look at it again til the trade

Latest posts

Back