Bioshock (spoilers!)

Re: Bioshock

This is totally not my kind of game, but after seeing some of the videos and reviews, I'm very tempted to pick this up.

One of the few games that makes me wish I had an XBox 360. It's very cool looking.

And according to G4, some Toys R Us stores are already selling the game, for some as yet unidentified reason.

you guys should go back and play the System Shock 2 game these guys made. They actually wanted to make the third one but there is a problem with the rights and so they ended up going with this instead.
seriously, System Shock 2 is the scariest game ever made and if its anything to go by then this one is gonna rock so hard.

Been waiting for this one for a looong time. Though my PC can play it, I'm been awfully tempted to upgrade some bits just so I can play it on maximum....

Either way, it's going to be an experience.

Just downloaded the PC demo. And my oh my. I can actually play this on maximum settings and with a 1280 x 1024 resolution with no lag or drop in frame rates!! Though demos usually are a little more basic with their graphical flair.

Anyway, this is just excellent. The demo is standard fare for a shooter, made remarkable only really by it's quality handling and physics, superb graphics and tremendous art direction. However, there are plenty of hints towards bigger things happening in this game, revolutionary things and genre bending, mind warping things that some of the early reviews hint at.

This demo has only made me more eager to play the final thing when it's released in a few days. An appointment I had on Saturday has just been cancelled. I know what I'm doing now.

Go Rapture.

Well, i played the demo on my 360 and got pretty far till it crashed so im just gonna wait now till friday when its released. Its not as scary as System Shock 2 was though :p

Well, i played the demo on my 360 and got pretty far till it crashed so im just gonna wait now till friday when its released. Its not as scary as System Shock 2 was though :p

L-l-look at you, hacker. A p-p-pathetic creature of meat and bone r-running through my corridors-s. H-h-how can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

I'd like to see E do this for an April Fool's joke.

Oh there's a demo? I didn't even think to look for one. I'll try and check it out tonight.

I picked this up today. Awesome game so far. A little bit confusing, but definatley a great game. I'm afraid I might have missed the shotgun. This makes me sad. I hope I get to fight a giant Big Daddy robot soon.

I'd definatley get this game if I were you.

Last edited:

I did download the demo and play through it. Very cool. Very original.

I was half asleep when I started playing, and by the time I was done I was wide awake. Now I'm afraid to go to bed.

L-l-look at you, hacker. A p-p-pathetic creature of meat and bone r-running through my corridors-s. H-h-how can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

smiley_shocked.gif

DWAAAHHHH FLASHBACKS!!!!

I think I might pick this up today.

I just took on some freelance work and don't know how much I'll be able to play it, but at least it will be there when I do.

It's just too cool not to get.

I'm just going to wait for the PS3 release, as the 360/PC exclusivity is timed (meaning comes out for one first, then others afterwards, like Sony getting DMC4 first).

Latest posts

Back