Black Panther series discussion (Spoilers!)

Friday

Okay, I just picked up the first 2 Black Panther trades by Chrispopher Priest (The Client and Enemy of the State) and I really dug them. Now I need info from the always more informed than I members of Ultimate Central. Basicly, are there more trades, and is there a new Panther series on the horizon?

Any help would be appriciated. And get a cookie. Mmmm, cookies.

There is a new series starting up in February.

eroz said:
with a hiphop twist.....right? what does that mean?

I seem to remember it was going to keep being "fun", but found that weird since it is somehow tied into Black History Month. Not that black history isn't "fun", but usually it is handled with respect and seriousness, and I don't believe the new Black Panther series is going to be serious.

Damn. No reply since Jan. THAT bad, huh?

Well, I picked up #8, solely because of the arc crossover with X-Men in "Wild Kingdom". Someone REALLY needs to tell Hudlin about Wolverine. In here, he has a doctor who is another Mimic. So while escaping, he absorbed powers. How the hell does he get Wolverines claws?! They're not his mutant powers! And the artist, WHAT THE HELL? Can he draw BP mask any looser? And then in X-Men, there were no eyes shown, just a white part. Not in BP. Then the mask looked like it was shaped like some small cat or something.

Oy vey....I feel like punching someone....

icemastertron said:
Damn. No reply since Jan. THAT bad, huh?

Well, I picked up #8, solely because of the arc crossover with X-Men in "Wild Kingdom". Someone REALLY needs to tell Hudlin about Wolverine. In here, he has a doctor who is another Mimic. So while escaping, he absorbed powers. How the hell does he get Wolverines claws?! They're not his mutant powers! And the artist, WHAT THE HELL? Can he draw BP mask any looser? And then in X-Men, there were no eyes shown, just a white part. Not in BP. Then the mask looked like it was shaped like some small cat or something.

Oy vey....I feel like punching someone....
I dropped it after issue 6. Hudlin tries too hard to make the world seem alive. The Background characters get as much screen time as the main characters, and he deffinatly pulled too much from obscure marvel to make it work. The plotlline was too convoluted (And this is after the last series wehre you had to read it 5 times to understand, but damn was it a good payoff.), and it had mass produced Deathloks. I like Deathlok, but not 100 of the marching on an independent african nation because the US deems it nessicary. Basicly it was crap.

It was good to see JRJ draw The Rhino though.

The only good thing was Frank Cho's cover, and that Storm was really naked in the comic (Nothing really shown, but naked nonetheless. And infront of others, too). Course, never said exactly why, but this one Hudlin can get away with. :wink:

What's A Nubian?

chaseamyagraf.jpg

compound said:
What's A Nubian?

chaseamyagraf.jpg
Someone from the planet Naboo. Geex, has no one else seen Star Wars: episode one?

* This post was made in jest. Please don't kill me. *

Re: Black Panther

Ok, I couldn't find any of the other Black Panther threads (if there are some) so I'll say some things here.

Has anyone else been picking up Black Panther? It's getting pretty good lately after that debacle with Voodoo I guess they are finally getting to the good stuff and he's going to talk with storm. They had a flashback in this one but I like it and at the end T'Challa is on one knee. This is very well written and ties in with the storm mini like crazy. (Probably because it's supposed to.) Anyway I'm back on board with this "book", there's good stuff here.

Re: Black Panther

So is this the series discussion thread? Because if so we should change the title accordingly.

ha, well I guess that's all i can do for now. Since no one is replying yet I'm going to go home and re read then I'll be back with the full monty (figuratively).

Did anyone read the wedding? The Watcher was there. The Doom part was pretty cool. I only skimmed through it. Didn't see the Iron Man/Captain America part.

Heard it was overall bad but I'll take a better look at it next time I'm in the LCS.

I didn't even realize that it happened already. I know the build-up has been going on....but I thought maybe they'd have more official announcements or something on Marvel.com or the other comics.

Latest posts

Back