Bleach on [adult swim]

Iceshadow

Bleach is almost here! Click the link for the [adult swim] site, where you can watch the promo, opening, and ending sequences.

Gets the stains right out!

Bleach starts this Saturday on [adult swim] at 12:30 (11:30 Central). For the Canadians here it starts on Friday at 10:30 (I think). I for one am excited, I have been downloading subbed episodes for a while now, and am now addicted to the show.

I urge everybody to give it a chance, it grows on you. In terms of how good it is, I'd say better than Naruto, DBZ, and Inuyasha. The only shows better than it are Fullmetal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, and Cowboy Bebop (however those shows are the cream of the crop, so not really a fair comparison).

Damn all two of the posts in this thread were lost!

Well time to start anew...So did anyone catch the Bleach premire on [adult swim] last Saturday? I think that they have done a good job with the voice acting so far, and I'm optimistic about how the rest of the cast will sound.

Also, for all you Trigun fans you might be intested to know that Ichigo's voice actor played Vash and is a former Power Ranger.:D

Iceshadow said:
Damn all two of the posts in this thread were lost!

Well time to start anew...So did anyone catch the Bleach premire on [adult swim] last Saturday? I think that they have done a good job with the voice acting so far, and I'm optimistic about how the rest of the cast will sound.
This is the first anime I've seen in Japenese before I saw it in English. I was expecting to hate the voices, but they were ok.
Also, for all you Trigun fans you might be intested to know that Ichigo's voice actor played Vash and is a former Power Ranger.:D
I did not know that. Now I'm a little disturbed because A) power ranger, B) Vash voice worked for that character, but if the actor ever does that girly scream Vash used to do for Ichigo it'll ruin it for me.

Overall I liked the English version.

McCheese said:
This is the first anime I've seen in Japenese before I saw it in English. I was expecting to hate the voices, but they were ok.

I did not know that. Now I'm a little disturbed because A) power ranger, B) Vash voice worked for that character, but if the actor ever does that girly scream Vash used to do for Ichigo it'll ruin it for me.

Overall I liked the English version.

Yeah he was the second Black Ranger, replacing the black guy.

I didn't recognize the voice at first, it clicked about halfway through. I hear ya on the no sceaming though, that would greatly annoy me.

Well episode two finished a little while ago leaving on a cliff hanger. I thought that the voice actor for Orihime did a good job. I like the part is when Yuzu ask Ichigo if he has seen her pajamas, he denies seeing them, then a few seconds later Rukia bursts out of his closet wearing said pj's.:D

Any other comments?

Yeah I liked the first episode and it looks to be a promising series.

That was a big sword...

Well episode two finished a little while ago leaving on a cliff hanger. I thought that the voice actor for Orihime did a good job. I like the part is when Yuzu ask Ichigo if he has seen her pajamas, he denies seeing them, then a few seconds later Rukia bursts out of his closet wearing said pj's.:D

Any other comments?
Orihime's voice was great. She is so ****ing annoying in japanese. I think I won't have to cringe when she speaks in the english version, Hoo-Ray!
Yeah I liked the first episode and it looks to be a promising series.

That was a big sword...
Yup. Big sword. Honestly I only quoted you to try out the new multi-quote button. IT ****IN' ROCKS!!!

Well, last nights episode was pretty good I'm still on the fence about Chad's voice, but he doesn't talk much anyways. I'm really wondering how Urahara's voice is gonna sound (He is one of my favorite characters, total B.A.M.F.).

Any other thoughts?

Well, last nights episode was pretty good I'm still on the fence about Chad's voice, but he doesn't talk much anyways. I'm really wondering how Urahara's voice is gonna sound (He is one of my favorite characters, total B.A.M.F.).

Any other thoughts?
Urahara did the previews for the next episode. Not bad.

For anybody that doesn't know yet, Bleach is now being shown 30 minutes earlier than usual on Saturday. I missed last weeks episode because of that, and it looks like I'll miss the next two weeks also 'cause I'll be out of town :evil: .

By the way if you're still new to the series, these next few episodes with the Hollow Grand Fisher should definantly be watched.:D

Also is it just me or is Chad's voice too old sounding? Ehh, not like he's a big talker anyway.

Well I'm watching right now and they are starting the Soul Society Arc, for me these are the episodes that really hooked me. The best fights are in this arc, and I'm really looking forward to Zaraki 'cause he's a psycho:D .

kenpachi.jpg

Last edited:
How did I miss this thread?! :eek:

Byakuya's dub voice was a lot deeper than what I was expecting. o.o What's his Japanese voice like?

Hm, I liked how they took episode sixteen really slowly. After they pretty much went through the Hollow arc much too quickly, it's nice to see they're slowing down a bit. Maybe they just wanted to jump into the sword fighting quickly? :x Dunno.

Oh, and what point is considered the beginning of the Soul Society arc? When Renji and Byakuya show up? When Ichigo and everyone go through Hat-and-Clogs's portal thing?

Last edited:
I quit watching the show in the fourth episode because the poor animation quality bothered me so much.

The voice actors were good, and so was the plot, but I can get the plot through the manga and the actors couldn't redeem it for me.

Has it improved, or is there something the anime delivers that the manga doesn't?

I have watched the show, and not been too impressed.

But I still watch it.

It gets better in my opinion, because until now we have only the main character introductions and Ichigo fighting a few hollows. With the arc coming up he and his friends have to break into the Soul Society to rescue Rukia, at the same time there is a murder mystery story going on in Soul Society, the consequences of which will affect everybody.

How did I miss this thread?! :eek:

Byakuya's dub voice was a lot deeper than what I was expecting. o.o What's his Japanese voice like?

Hm, I liked how they took episode sixteen really slowly. After they pretty much went through the Hollow arc much too quickly, it's nice to see they're slowing down a bit. Maybe they just wanted to jump into the sword fighting quickly? :x Dunno.

Oh, and what point is considered the beginning of the Soul Society arc? When Renji and Byakuya show up? When Ichigo and everyone go through Hat-and-Clogs's portal thing?

Yeah in japanese Byakuya has lighter/arrogant sounding voice. Episode 16 was kinda slow, but 17 is Ichigo fighting Renji, and briefly Byakuya.

I quit watching the show in the fourth episode because the poor animation quality bothered me so much.

The voice actors were good, and so was the plot, but I can get the plot through the manga and the actors couldn't redeem it for me.

Has it improved, or is there something the anime delivers that the manga doesn't?

There isn't a huge difference between manga and anime, my only complaint is that the manga isn't always completely clear on the action sequences. As for the animation quality, its about on par with Naruto (with some episodes getting a better animation budget than others), you have to remember this series hasn't ended yet so compared to the six episodes of FLCL you get less expensive animation for how ever many the series needs.

*watches episode 17*

...so Ichigo doesn't have any balls then? :dazed: Something tell me he and Peter Parker would go along just fine.

I don't really want to watch this, but there are a few scenes I would like to see animated. So, can anyone tell me when the episode where
Ichigo almost turns into a Hollow and gets Zangetsu? Because the panel in the manga where he jumps out of the hole covered in bandages with the Hollow mask on is MADE OF AWESOME and I wanna see it animated.

I don't really want to watch this, but there are a few scenes I would like to see animated. So, can anyone tell me when the episode where
Ichigo almost turns into a Hollow and gets Zangetsu? Because the panel in the manga where he jumps out of the hole covered in bandages with the Hollow mask on is MADE OF AWESOME and I wanna see it animated.
Hells yeah! *high five* I need to see that now.

"Ichigo becomes a Hollow!" is the title for episode ninteen, which airs in two weeks. So, I guess that answers that? ^^;

Latest posts

Back