Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

I watched the first movie this afternoon and I think a sequel would cheapen the effect the movie had... I don't really think there needs to be a sequel at all.

Hmmm....missed this thread.

I personally wouldn't want a sequel. I can watch the original over and over again. But no sequel please.

For the exact reasons Proj said.

Yeah, Boondock Saints is like a stand-alone movie. It doesn't need a sequel. It's like Reservoir Dogs or Donnie Darko, or even Watchmen for that matter. Only when we realize this, will we be able to understand the true purpose of the film.

That it's a kickass ****ing tale of biblical proportions.:rockon:

Last edited:
Yeah, I sequel would ruin the first for me... I remember one time hearing that they would be making a second Goonies. **** that.

Yeah, I sequel would ruin the first for me... I remember one time hearing that they would be making a second Goonies. **** that.

It might be cool if they had like a Goonies reunion thing.

Last edited:
I agree with the "No sequel" thing. I mean. . .that's like having a Fight Club sequel. It wouldn't make a damn bit of sense.

I mean, I'll see it, but I'm don't have high hopes.

The original is NOT as good as people think it is, and now that the best part of the original (Mr. Dafoe) is gone, I have no idea why anyone would think this would be a good idea.

The original is NOT as good as people think it is, and now that the best part of the original (Mr. Dafoe) is gone, I have no idea why anyone would think this would be a good idea.

Because he's probably not needed in the sequel. The original is awesome, I don't know how you could argue that it isn't that great when it has a little bit of everything rolled up into one and it works. I don't usually replay alot of my movies. I've seen this movie like 5 times this year which is more than i can say for any movie i've enjoyed thus far.

You are all crazy... the plot's sloppy, and the dialogue sloppier... You have no idea how much I wanted to like this movie, but it was only half-there... With some awesome scenes in there, and Willem Defoe is ****ing amazing, but it didn't live up to any of my expectations.

Yeah, this was over hyped (especially by TOG; it is definitely not the best movie ever made). But it was still enjoyable.

yes, it is very enjoyable, that doesn't make it what everyone in my high school and a lot of people on here made it up to be before I saw it.

You are all crazy... the plot's sloppy, and the dialogue sloppier... You have no idea how much I wanted to like this movie, but it was only half-there... With some awesome scenes in there, and Willem Defoe is ****ing amazing, but it didn't live up to any of my expectations.

yes, it is very enjoyable, that doesn't make it what everyone in my high school and a lot of people on here made it up to be before I saw it.

DSF is so money.

I'm so sick of arguing to people that Boondock Saints wasn't a very good movie. It wasn't. It was a regurgitated, half-hearted homage to Tarantino and Guy Ritchie. It was mindlessly enjoyable, sure, but it certainly wasn't great film making, and the central conceit of the movie is pretty banal.

Is the sequel any good?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back