I definitely agree with you.

This episode was all about Hank, which I thought was great. Haven't been the biggest fan of his due to the fact that his sense of humor has, in the past, made him look like a douche. This episode, though, makes him very well rounded and complex... It is a shame he may well die within the next four episodes.

One of the Cousins bit it and the other will surely be hospitalized. Woah. I liked their origin scene, too.

Last night was unexpected. I was as uncomfortable as Walt when he was standing amidst all those DEA, especially when he was talking to Gus. With the Cousins both dead and the cartel's don also filled up with lead, I really wonder what direction this season will take and how it will end. With all that has happened, if this season closed up last night I would have been content. I'll definitely tune in for the final episodes.

I think that episode cemented Gus as the major villain of the show. He will go to extreme lengths to ensure he has control. He just took out Hank, the Cousins and the Cartel boss in one move. Walt shouldn't fear the Cartel - he should fear Gus.

Do you think Gale will return? He's obviously very unhappy about the situation.

I laughed when Jesse blew up the suit and started dancing around. He's an idiot but I love him.

I was thinking the same thing. Walt's going to have to face off against Gus if he wants to continue making meth.

I do think we'll see Gale again. I honestly thought he'd get his moment to get to know Jesse while Walt was away, that would have been logical anyway. He's valuable to Gus, if not to Walt.

I was expecting Walt to get Gale and Jesse cooking together while he was away, which would have been interesting.

I expected the Cartel's menace to be the main storyline for this season and it looks like that's over and done with... and there's still 5 episodes left. I love unpredictable this show is. What's going to happen next?

[video=youtube;d45b5NDG2Tk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45b5NDG2Tk[/video]

Last edited:
Who gave him a warning call? Gus?

It's either Gus or Mike the PI working for Gus, though there are some theories that the head DEA guy is connected to Gus - how big is he?

It would have been crazy if the Cousin had shouted out "Heisenberg!" while Walt and the cops were staring at him.

"Kafkaesque" was another quiet episode but it definitely wasn't dull. Walt just negotiated a new deal with Gus, Jesse has figured out a way to steal meth without anyone knowing and Marie/Hank are one step closer to the truth.

I still have a terrible feeling that this isn't going to end well. Something bad is going to happen but I don't know who it's going to happen to.

Yea, I agree. A quiet episode, but by no means dull.

Sky surprised me the most this episode. The lie she told her sister about Walt gambling was great. At first I thought she was going to work with Walt, but it seems she's taking advantage of what he does for herself and so that he reaps what he sows. I like that twist a lot and adds layers to the fact that Walt told her he cooked meth and was making so much money.

The scene with Gus and Walt was great, too. I was surprised to hear that Walt respected the strategy, despite his brother-in-law being the expense. We'll have to see how this pans out... I think Walt underestimates Gus and vice versa. I hope it becomes a face off between these two guys, if not this season, but next.

And there's another thing I'd like to see too. Jesse versus Walt versus Gus. Jesse is getting smarter in ways, but is still a block head. Why wouldn't he listen to Saul? Goodness... The most interesting move was bringing his friends along to the rehab meetings... Probably so that they could rope in new customers.

Alan Sepinwall (one of the best TV bloggers) compared "Fly" to an episode of The Sopranos called "Pine Barrens" and it's a perfect comparison. Both episodes feature two characters stuck in one location dealing with a problem and chaos and comedy ensues. I really enjoyed this bizarre episode (superbly directed by Rian Johnson) even if a lot of people didn't.

Lost is finished. There's three episodes of this season left. How long should Breaking Bad go on for?

I didn't hate this episode, but it was definitely the weakest of the season thus far. That being said, the writers must have known this would fall on the same night as the Lost finale.

I could tell that it was directed by someone other than who regularly directs. I thought it was cool how well menacing the camera angles made the fly.

However dull this episode was, there really did need to be an episode where Walt and Jesse bond again. They've been at each others throats for the better part of this season. I thought it was good to bring the dynamic duo back together, although you can still see the fractures in their relationship.

I also like how Walt's lifestyle is beginning to wear on him. I was asking myself -- "when is Walt going to start feeling paranoid and insecure?" He feels trapped now and essentially he is. There's no turning back now, especially since he realizes how dangerous Gus can be.

Not sure what to expect from the final three episodes this season, but I'm guessing Gus is going to have an enormous problem with Jesse by season's end.

And you ask how long do you think Breaking Bad can go on for? After Skyler found out, I thought the show would be over... But it turns out that actually has given the show more potential to continue. Where as if they kept it a secret from her, the show probably would have completed in four seasons or so. I see this going on for a five, possibly six seasons now. I want to see Walt take on Gus.

In addition this episode did bring up something interesting... Jesse asks Walt if he tried some of the product. I wonder if in his depression or throughout the rest of the series he will...

"Ice Station Zebra Associates." :lol:

The business expands... Skyler is now their "Danny".

Gus inviting Walt to his house is scary. I loved the subtle comments about his kids while handing Walt the knife - this guy's a master of manipulation. Does he even have a family? Who knows, but he knows Walt does and therefore he's got Walt in his pocket.

I guess Jesse is going to go after this gang that killed Combo... I'm scared. He's stealing meth, he's sleeping with an addict and he's angry... things are not going to end well for him. :(

"Don't make the same mistake twice."

It's kind of depressing that this thread is just you and me now! What happened to that Volunteer Fire Detective guy? Why is no one else watching this show? It's the best thing on TV!

Last edited:
Proj, I downloaded the first season of this because you are always talking about how awesome it is. I'll watch it as soon as I get a chance.

It's a good show, just not my kind of thing, I can't seem to get myself into it. But it truly is a fantastic show anyone who hasn't watched it should definitely give it a try.

Yea, I guess Sky is the "Danny" in the situation, although I thought they were building it up so that they'd bring Ted into it, as he is laundering anyway. Perhaps he'll still play a part. The fall guy next season or something?

And, Gus? Freaking me out, dude. We'll have to see where this goes, but he is definitely trying to get Walt far away from Jesse. He's got his head on right, that is for sure as Jesse is being stupid, but Gus is definitely a villain now.

Proj, I downloaded the first season of this because you are always talking about how awesome it is. I'll watch it as soon as I get a chance.

Excellent. As the first season is only 7 episodes because of the writer's strike, it's mainly all set up for the second season. But it is great set up. The first three episodes are really intense, the next two are a bit quiet and then the last two get pretty intense again. Much of the show is like that. Don't give up if you don't like an episode, the next one will probably be awesome.

It is also reassuring that someone actually reads my ramblings about this show.

It's a good show, just not my kind of thing, I can't seem to get myself into it. But it truly is a fantastic show anyone who hasn't watched it should definitely give it a try.

I understand that. I often find it hard to discuss because it's one of those things where it's so consistently good it's hard to come up with new stuff to talk about every episode.

My favourite thing about it is that the characters are dictating the story and not the other way around like almost every other show on TV.

Last edited:
I meant to post a few comments about that Skyler thing the other day but forgot. While I'm going to wait and see what happens with her, I do approve of the idea as she now has a proper reason to continue being part of the story line.

As for "Half Measures"... woah. No more half measures, indeed.

Alan Sepinwall's thoughts sum up what I think.

"Run."

I didn't think the show could get any more thrilling than what was going on with the Cousins... But, wow, last night? Crazy! The tension has certainly been building, but it erupted in the most gritty, unexpected way. More people on this board DEFINITELY need to get in touch with this show now.

The review was spot on. This is going to create quite the **** storm for both Walt and Jesse... But next episode the Heisenberg Hat gets put on! Can't wait. You know Mr. White means business when he's got that hat and those shades on.

One that I thought was out of character, though. Walt has always been about the safety of his family. His actions were clearly not in the name of safety last night, but surely he's got a plan.

Latest posts

Back