Bruce Timm Universe Adoration Thread

How's the timeline going DIB? I really want to revisit this stuff but chronologically with the comics is too good to pass up.

I'll get back to it, eventually. I took a break a few months back when I moved, and focused on other things I was timelining. I'm working on a Halo timeline now, and also a Transformers (IDW) timeline and maybe will start a Transformers (film) timeline while I'm finishing up the IDW TF stuff.

Eventually I'll get back to it and finish up the DC Animated Universe timeline. It'll be awhile, but it'll happen.

If you say so :p

Uh, good luck with Bayformers. Lot of books, comics, and video games (including one that crosses-over with the Aligned continuity) for those. Honestly I'd go for the aligned continuity. It's a heck of a lot better, there's less stuff, and we already have a thread for it.

If you say so :p Uh, good luck with Bayformers. Lot of books, comics, and video games (including one that crosses-over with the Aligned continuity) for those.

The films are horrible, but at least they don't take themselves too seriously, though Age of Extinction was decidedly Grimdark.

Honestly I'd go for the aligned continuity. It's a heck of a lot better, there's less stuff, and we already have a thread for it.

I have no interest in it. I'm making my way through the IDW stuff and it's not easy because most is so bad.

I've heard the Bayformers comics are a mixed bag. I started them but then some guy told me to read Valiant's stuff so here I am :p

Let's see how you feel when you're caught up.

Last edited:
I've heard the Bayformers comics are a mixed bag. I started them but then some guy told me to read Valiant's stuff so here I am :p

Yeah I only just watched the four movies, haven't read the comics based on them yet. I'm sure they're crap.

Let's see how you feel when you're caught up.

I'm giving it a fair shot. I'm about a quarter of the way through everything in the IDW continuity.

Yeah I only just watched the four movies, haven't read the comics based on them yet. I'm sure they're crap.

I was told once Barber came on he tied everything together and that it was really good. he doesn't come on until late though. Thankfully there was no content for the fourth film (even though I liked it for all the wrong reasons). To bring us back on topic, how far are you in the DCAU?

I'm giving it a fair shot. I'm about a quarter of the way through everything in the IDW continuity.

Well, if it helps I'll be reviewing the AC as I go through it. I'm writing a review of the Exodus novel for my newly made blog right now so if it sounds interesting...

I was told once Barber came on he tied everything together and that it was really good. he doesn't come on until late though. Thankfully there was no content for the fourth film (even though I liked it for all the wrong reasons). To bring us back on topic, how far are you in the DCAU? Well, if it helps I'll be reviewing the AC as I go through it. I'm writing a review of the Exodus novel for my newly made blog right now so if it sounds interesting...

I'm about 1/3 to 1/4 done with the DCAU stuff. Almost done with the Batman animated series, midway through Superman, and then I have to go through Static Shock, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, and Batman Beyond and The Zeta Project, and all their accompanying comics.

It'll be awhile, even once I start going through it again, to complete it.

I've been watching the last season of Batman Beyond. "The Calling" Parts 1 & 2 were really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing this timeline when it's done!

It was recently revealed in Batman Beyond 2.0 that the reason Dick and Bruce had a falling out was because, and I can't believe I'm actually having to type this,
Barbra cheated on Dick and miscarried Bruce's child
. Apparently DC has to ruin literally everything they have.

Nah man, it's cool, hip, and edgy. Don't you know anything about storytelling? :p

I have yet to find one person who liked the idea of Barbra and Bruce having a relationship in the DCAU. I remember it being referenced in some episode of one of the shows and it was just stupid. I really can't believe that THAT'S what they decided to blow up.

I have yet to find one person who liked the idea of Barbra and Bruce having a relationship in the DCAU. I remember it being referenced in some episode of one of the shows and it was just stupid. I really can't believe that THAT'S what they decided to blow up.

I know it was said or implied that Barbara had a crush on Batman when she was younger and just starting out, and I guess it makes sense from her character's point of view, but it seems, I don't know, kind of scumbag-ish of Bruce to get with a woman 15-20 years younger than him. You're Batman, not Hugh Hefner, Bruce!

I know it was said or implied that Barbara had a crush on Batman when she was younger and just starting out, and I guess it makes sense from her character's point of view, but it seems, I don't know, kind of scumbag-ish of Bruce to get with a woman 15-20 years younger than him. You're Batman, not Hugh Hefner, Bruce!

I don't know about you but I found it INCREDIBLY creepy in the cartoon. Then this happens and it's just plain disgusting.

I don't know about you but I found it INCREDIBLY creepy in the cartoon. Then this happens and it's just plain disgusting.

I wouldn't say creepy, in terms of Barbara having a crush on Batman. There's a certain logic to it considering women are often attracted to older men in positions of power. What I find creepy is that Bruce apparently responded in kind, according to that comic.

Is that comic even supposed to be in continuity with the DCAU, or is it an alternate universe type thing, or just based on the DCAU without being continuity?

I wouldn't say creepy, in terms of Barbara having a crush on Batman. There's a certain logic to it considering women are often attracted to older men in positions of power. What I find creepy is that Bruce apparently responded in kind, according to that comic.

Is that comic even supposed to be in continuity with the DCAU, or is it an alternate universe type thing, or just based on the DCAU without being continuity?

That's what I meant. Barbra I get, Bruce on the other hand...

I'm pretty sure it's in continuity. The other post-DCAU Batman Beyond comics were so I'd imagine these are too.

That's what I meant. Barbra I get, Bruce on the other hand...

I'm pretty sure it's in continuity. The other post-DCAU Batman Beyond comics were so I'd imagine these are too.

No they were a mixture of the show's history and the current DC comics history. It had a Hush story when Hush was never in the show. There were other reasons for this I can't remember of the top of my head.

Latest posts

Back