Bruce Timm Universe Adoration Thread

Is there an episode order for the DCAU? I really need one.

Is there an episode order for the DCAU? I really need one.

I've found several different versions online, but all have their problems. Sometimes people can't look at their own work objectively.

I'm mostly going to use the production order except in a few cases: flashbacks, and The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy which features the first appearance of the Bat Signal. But I think mostly the production order works for the most part.

Some people just over complicate it, breaking it up based on mobsters then only the super-villains. I think that's far too simplistic, personally, and I prefer to think Joker was the first "super-villain" in Gotham, falling into the chemical vat and transforming. Several years later the next super-villain appeared in the form of Man-Bat, and so on.

I think it's pretty safe to assume the first couple seasons of Batman occur first, then Superman (and at this point Batman and Superman overlap a lot), then Static Shock overlaps with Justice League, then Justice League Unlimited, then Batman Beyond and The Zeta Project.

I'm excited to see the finished product. I own all the seasons of Batman (and the 4 movies), Superman, Justice League. I also have the seasons of Batman Beyond, but unfortunately when I ordered those DVDs , I didn't check them when they came and when I finally got around to watching them, the disks all skip. :(

I'm excited to see the finished product. I own all the seasons of Batman (and the 4 movies), Superman, Justice League. I also have the seasons of Batman Beyond, but unfortunately when I ordered those DVDs , I didn't check them when they came and when I finally got around to watching them, the disks all skip. :(

That sucks. I'd try to exchange them for a new set. Guess it depends on how long you had them.

Batman Beyond is shockingly fun for a Batman cartoon. Especially since it is also incredibly depressing.

I've found several different versions online, but all have their problems. Sometimes people can't look at their own work objectively.

I'm mostly going to use the production order except in a few cases: flashbacks, and The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy which features the first appearance of the Bat Signal. But I think mostly the production order works for the most part.

Some people just over complicate it, breaking it up based on mobsters then only the super-villains. I think that's far too simplistic, personally, and I prefer to think Joker was the first "super-villain" in Gotham, falling into the chemical vat and transforming. Several years later the next super-villain appeared in the form of Man-Bat, and so on.

I think it's pretty safe to assume the first couple seasons of Batman occur first, then Superman (and at this point Batman and Superman overlap a lot), then Static Shock overlaps with Justice League, then Justice League Unlimited, then Batman Beyond and The Zeta Project.

Darn. I have a playlist that I made but I was hoping there'd be a really good one I could follow

Last edited:
Batman Beyond is shockingly fun for a Batman cartoon. Especially since it is also incredibly depressing.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to Beyond. Also looking forward to Justice League and Unlimited.

Darn. I have a playlist that I made but I was hoping there'd be a really good one I could follow

Lol, sorry.

However, I'm working on one and I'm pretty confident in it so far.

I'm about halfway done with Batman - TAS and a quarter done with Superman - TAS. I've also got about 10% of all the DCAU spin off comics ordered, and all the video games at least tentatively placed.

Once it's done, my DCAU timeline will be the most extensive on the internet, including all series (and all episodes), all four films, the two web series (Gotham Girls and Lobo), the dozen or so different comic book ongoings and all the various one-shots/annuals/mini-series, all canon video games (hence Gotham City Racer won't be included since there's no storyline really), etc.

It will be several months at least, possibly as much as 6 months total before it's all done, but it'll be all-encompassing. I'm also making an attempt to keep the episodes in as close to the order they're available on the DVDs on, though some have to be reordered, at least for Batman-TAS.

Everything is color (between the different series) and font (between the different types of entries: episodes, movies, comics, video games, etc) coded as my other timelines are.

The only thing I'm not including are the several novels based on Batman-TAS, but that's only because they adapt episodes already on the timeline, but also apparently change some aspects of those episodes.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to Beyond. Also looking forward to Justice League and Unlimited.

Lol, sorry.

However, I'm working on one and I'm pretty confident in it so far.

I'm about halfway done with Batman - TAS and a quarter done with Superman - TAS. I've also got about 10% of all the DCAU spin off comics ordered, and all the video games at least tentatively placed.

Once it's done, my DCAU timeline will be the most extensive on the internet, including all series (and all episodes), all four films, the two web series (Gotham Girls and Lobo), the dozen or so different comic book ongoings and all the various one-shots/annuals/mini-series, all canon video games (hence Gotham City Racer won't be included since there's no storyline really), etc.

It will be several months at least, possibly as much as 6 months total before it's all done, but it'll be all-encompassing. I'm also making an attempt to keep the episodes in as close to the order they're available on the DVDs on, though some have to be reordered, at least for Batman-TAS.

Everything is color (between the different series) and font (between the different types of entries: episodes, movies, comics, video games, etc) coded as my other timelines are.

The only thing I'm not including are the several novels based on Batman-TAS, but that's only because they adapt episodes already on the timeline, but also apparently change some aspects of those episodes.

I'm actually really interested in seeing this. I've been trying to make my own "deffinitive most in-depth" timeline for the DCAU on the net, but I keep getting side tracked, so this will really be cool to see.

I'm actually really interested in seeing this. I've been trying to make my own "deffinitive most in-depth" timeline for the DCAU on the net, but I keep getting side tracked, so this will really be cool to see.

Yeah I got a bit sidetracked myself, but I intend to finish up Batman - TAS this week and get on with Superman - TAS, Justice League, Justice League - Unlimited, Static Shock, Batman Beyond, The Zeta Project, and all the remaining spin-off comics.

I'm still aiming to have it completed by mid or end of May, maybe early June. If you're really interested I could send you what I've completed so far. I can email you the Word file I'm compiling and ordering it all in. Would love some feedback and opinions on it before publishing it on TheTimelineSite.com--while I'm quite confident in my placements, it's always best to consider other opinions.

It'll be pretty big once it's done. For now I'm about 20-25% done (probably more since I've read the majority of the tie-in comics).

Yeah I got a bit sidetracked myself, but I intend to finish up Batman - TAS this week and get on with Superman - TAS, Justice League, Justice League - Unlimited, Static Shock, Batman Beyond, The Zeta Project, and all the remaining spin-off comics.

I'm still aiming to have it completed by mid or end of May, maybe early June. If you're really interested I could send you what I've completed so far. I can email you the Word file I'm compiling and ordering it all in. Would love some feedback and opinions on it before publishing it on TheTimelineSite.com--while I'm quite confident in my placements, it's always best to consider other opinions.

It'll be pretty big once it's done. For now I'm about 20-25% done (probably more since I've read the majority of the tie-in comics).

yeah dude! send it on over to me! [email protected]

One question I've got for you is, how do you intend to reconcile that in The Lost Years, Dick doesn't return to Gotham till 1999, but in TNBA episode "Cold Comfort" which features Dick, Bruce is donating a check dated for 1997?

Too late, already sending him scandalous pictures.

DIB: Don't forget about Gotham Girls and possibly Lobo. Whether is Lobo in continuity is questionable, but Gotham Girls most definitely is. They released the episodes on the Birds of Prey season one DVD if you want to own a physical copy.

Last edited:
yeah dude! send it on over to me! [email protected] One question I've got for you is, how do you intend to reconcile that in The Lost Years, Dick doesn't return to Gotham till 1999, but in TNBA episode "Cold Comfort" which features Dick, Bruce is donating a check dated for 1997?

Good question. I haven't watched Cold Comfort yet, but have read The Lost Years comics.

Normally I'd say the episodes take precedence, however The Lost Years clearly shows Dick graduating college in 1997 (presumably around May/June), and he's gone traveling the world for a couple years, which would place his return to Gotham firmly in 1999.

In this instance I'll probably have to go with The Lost Years dating, and view the check's date in that episode as a mistake or being retconned.

Too late, already sending him scandalous pictures. DIB: Don't forget about Gotham Girls and possibly Lobo. Whether is Lobo in continuity is questionable, but Gotham Girls most definitely is. They released the episodes on the Birds of Prey season one DVD if you want to own a physical copy.

Oh I'm definitely including the two web series as well. ;)

Latest posts

Back