Brushes with Famous people (or, making an *** of yourself in front of people you <3)

xCURLYy

Weeeelllll pretty much what it says on the tin.

This is sparked from when I went to go and see a band (As I Lay Dying, yeah it's cheery, but they're awesome) the other day and afterwards I hung around like the little fan boy I am and got to talk to there vocalist. Now I'm usually pretty cool about these kinda things and it's not like it was some Super Famous guy I was talking to but I kinda just froze and stood there looking like a dick, he was cool about it but I was kinda beyond redemption. Afterwards I walked out and remembered the thousands of damn questions I really wanted to ask him but feel I should probably just hide should I ever see them again

Regail me with times you have also made a chopper out of yourself in front of people you admire. Or failing that, brag about you (Bass) met people you adore (Adam Hughes) and about how cool you are with each other (Bass and Adam Hughes)

I haven't met anyone famous but two years ago my mom walked by Mike Myers and a group of guys on the street(he's from Toronto and likes to visit, especially during Leafs games when we've made the playoffs).

Also, my dad works for the news, and a couple years ago he walked by William Mapother, who plays Ethan on LOST(and also happens to be Tom Cruise's first cousin), in one of the hallways at the station.

The thing was, it was during the first season and he'd only been in one or two episodes so far, and my dad didn't realize why he recognized him until well after he was gone.

Regail me with times you have also made a chopper out of yourself in front of people you admire. Or failing that, brag about you (Bass) met people you adore (Adam Hughes) and about how cool you are with each other (Bass and Adam Hughes)
:lol:

I should really learn to read what I write huh...and now you've quoted me I can't change the fact the English on the Bass Burn is terrible. On the Bright side it may force people to re-read it to get the point, doubling the amount of Bass Burn.

You might say it was intentional.

But it wasn't

Re: Brushes with Famous people (or, making an *** of yourself in front of people you

I'd respond but I'm too busy packing my bags for my trip to Adam Hughes' house for 9 days. I leave for the airport in an hour.

Your burnification has failorized.

To be more on-topic - at Heroes Con last year I was going to the Q&A with J Michael Straczynski. Having been a fan of his since the mid-90s and big B5 geek, I was particularly excited. As I walked through the centre to the room, he walked past me, and I blurted out, "Are you Joe Straczynski?" "Yes, I am." And I shook his hand, said it was a pleasure to meet him, that I was on my way to his Q&A and - in a moment that haunts me - said, "Good God you're tall!" He responded with, "I don't know what to tell you" or at least I think he did as all I could hear was my own brain shouting, "WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY".

Later in the Q&A he burned me, which was funny.

Last edited:
I've met J.K. Rowling.

And last year, I got to sit down and talk with B.J. Novak (The Office) for a full 75 minutes.

I know I've met other famous people, but I just can't remember them right now. (Unintentional BURN!)

Beat that, *******. :)

Re: Brushes with Famous people (or, making an *** of yourself in front of people you

I've met Peter Jackson. Even though I hate his movies, at the time I told him I was in love with the trilogy. I don't even know why...was I kissing ***? Not really. Was I being polite? I'm never polite. Was I nervous and just being a dick? Probably.

If I ever talk to him again, I'll probably tell him to his face why I didn't like his movies.

Ugh......which celebrity?

You tend to run into a lot when you stay in L.A and your cousins are talent/casting agents. And when you do security for celebs wanting to do their USO/Support the Troops visit to Iraq. Stupid WWE. Or when you hit on their famous girlfriends.

Yeah.....Doom's had an interesting life.

I've met a ton of famous people at conventions. Kevin Smith, Walter Koeing, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Mickey Rooney, Peter Mayhew, Summer Glau, David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, Alan Tudyk, Warren Ellis, Ernie Hudson, etc, etc. The list is huge. Mostly comic book writers/artists and Star Trek/Wars/Firefly people.

The only person I've met "by accident" (Not at a convention) was P Diddy/Sean Combs. I was in a club and he bumped into me, said "Oh, sorry, man" and I just said "Hey, you're P Diddy! No problem!" and he just smiled, waved and kept walking.

Last edited:

I've met a ton of famous people at conventions. Kevin Smith, Walter Koeing, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Mickey Rooney, Peter Mayhew, Summer Glau, David Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, Alan Tudyk, Warren Ellis, etc, etc. The list is huge. Mostly comic book writers/artists and Star Trek/Wars/Firefly people.

The only person I've met "by accident" (Not at a convention) was P Diddy/Sean Combs. I was in a club and he bumped into me, said "Oh, sorry, man" and I just said "Hey, you're P Diddy! No problem!" and he just smiled, waved and kept walking. Pretty funny.
Yeah, me and my brother also met Kevin Smith last year alongside Jason Mewes.

I followed Joss Whedon around a hotel hallway while I was looking for a bathroom. . .

But ultimately I've never actually met and spoke with anyone really famous except in con situations.

I asked Marc Singer if he liked the Beastmaster TV show. I thought that was pretty stupid.

Yeah, me and my brother also met Kevin Smith last year alongside Jason Mewes.

Smith was the guest of honor a few years back at Megacon, a local convention. Mewes was supposed to come, but got sick, I think. Still, he was pretty awesome.

Smith was the guest of honor a few years back at Megacon, a local convention. Mewes was supposed to come, but got sick, I think. Still, he was pretty awesome.
Mewes only appeared for like 2 seconds last year at WWP, then calls Smith at the end of his panel saying he's hungry. It was funny.

Jaff Bagwell, and David Carr were both at restaurants I worked at, and my friend hit on Carr's wife once.

I met Randy "Macho Man" Savage in a Jewel once. He stopped to get his 2 floozies some food. Surprisingly mellow guy.

I also thought I met Lou Ferigno (sp?) of tv's Hulk fame. I asked him if he was Lou, he said he was. But later I heard that the real Lou is deaf and that he talks kind of funny. Now I think it might have been some other really big guy just screwing with me. :(

Latest posts

Back