Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Hellsbuttmonkey

There should be an appreciation thread for this TV masterpiece. And now there is.

To kick things off, this Saturday is the 10th anniversary of the first episode of Buffy. This is cause for a party, and I shall be accepting this challenge with great gusto.

Also gonna do a top ten marathon of episodes during the day, ending with the finest episode ever, Hush.

I might watch some. I own all of both series (Angel and Buffy) on DVD, and recently watched the first 3 seasons of Buffy (Easily the best 3). Maybe I'll finish watching Angel, then continue with Buffy Season 4.

I've seen the original movie and wasn't impressed. Rutger Hauer was cooler than Buffy.

But the series are cool. Season 2 and 3 of Buffy are the best of it all I think. Angel's second and fifth seasons are rocking too.

But the series are cool. Season 2 and 3 of Buffy are the best of it all I think. Angel's second and fifth seasons are rocking too.
Absolutely. I approve of your version of the truth.

I still like Firefly more, but Buffy is still quite fine.

I've seen the original movie and wasn't impressed. Rutger Hauer was cooler than Buffy.

I own the movie. I've seen it once. Never again.

But the series was beyond awesome. So was Angel. SMG and David Boreanez FTW!

I've been slowly watching this in order with my girlfriend, who'd never seen it before. We're in the second half of season 3 right now. Maybe it's because I've seen them before but, and I appreciate they're good, I'm really anxious to get out of season 3. I particulalrly can't wait until season 5.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to watch Buffy/Angel, but I've never gotten into them. They're never on anymore either.

I guess I'll just stick with Firefly.

I've always wanted to watch Buffy/Angel, but I've never gotten into them. They're never on anymore either.

I guess I'll just stick with Firefly.

The hell's with you, missing stuff like Buffy, Angel, and Star Trek?! :lol:

Just download a few episodes. Not that I condone such a thing, but its a good way to get into them.

Last edited:
I never really got into either show. But then a few years back---FX started running 2 episodes of Buffy each morning. So I started watching from the beginning and eventually found myself having seen the entire show from start to end. It was good. Not great per se.....but a lot better than a lot of other shows. I think my favorite episode had to be either "Once More With Feeling" or the one where the gang deals with the aftermath of the Joyce's death.

In conjunction with that.....I never really got into Angel. I watched the first season and was mildly entertained. I followed up with the second season and decided to drop it after that. I am now currently watching the other seasons to finish the series out.

Firefly was just great all around and I'm so sorry that Whedon's project was cancelled. But at least I got a great movie outta it too.

So once I finish Angel---I'll have seen all of Whedon's shows. Yay me.

Angel was good in the beginning, but when the actor who played the Irish half demon was fired because of drug use, it didn't get back up and going until the third season. But then Conner and the Powers that Be were added, and I had to slit my wrists to get through that crap.

Good thing the final season rocked hardcore. The puppet episode was hilarious

Yes I loved the Puppet episode.

I've been buying a season every pay check. I'm picking up Angel Season One today. I've watch though Buffy 1-3.

I have to say the finale of 2 and the finale of 6 were the best endings. 5 is right up there too.

But overall I think Season 3 was the best. Faith was an awesome character as was the Mayor.

It really was touching when she got reawarded at the Prom. That is one of the best scenes. Easy.

The thing that I really love about this show is the dialogue and the characters. I can't chose a favorite cause they all rock.

My sig is probaly one of my favorite lines from Buffy.

I have a few fave Buffy quotes. The Angelus monologue from Passion is one awesome quote. From an awesome episode..

Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?

So I went to buy Angel Season One yesterday at Best Buy.

And they didn't have it anymore. So instead of that I need Buffy Season 4, which was also missing.

They have every other one expect the ones I need.

So I didn't want to go home empty handed. I bought Angel Season Two.

Which is totally throwing off the whole thing out of whack. But that's ok.

I bought Season 1 from the UC STORE!

Time to begin celebrations! 10th March. 10 year anniversary of the day the Slayer arrived at Sunnydale High, to find an extreme dead guy in the locker, a very old vampire stuck under the library, and a lot of homework!

Happy Birthday Buffy!

Time to begin celebrations! 10th March. 10 year anniversary of the day the Slayer arrived at Sunnydale High, to find an extreme dead guy in the locker, a very old vampire stuck under the library, and a lot of homework!

Happy Birthday Buffy!

This is when that spike movie should come out. if no network picks it up i'll accept a straight to dvd film. We need it.

Latest posts

Back